PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Viewing Party to benefit the Ride for Kids - Sunday 4/6

G-Man
04-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Thanks to the generous folks at Sambuca Jazz Cafe, I'm holding a 2 Wheel Moto-Race Viewing Party at the Empire Room in the Rice Lofts downtown. Come watch AMA 600 Supersport races at 2:00pm, Colin kickin' arse in MotoGP at 3:00, 2 stroke action with Moto 250 at 4:00 and AMA Superbike at 5:00pm in style with an eight foot projection TV and surround sound. Doors open at 1:00, racing starts at 2:00 and we've got the room till 7:00.

A cash bar and appetizers will be available. We will be auctioning seats in the six most comfy chairs right up front to those who demand only the very best in motorcycle race viewing comfort.

Donations at the door to benefit this year's Ride for Kids will be greatly appreciated.

Space is limited so please RSVP to rc4g@kingwoodcable.com so that I can give the restaurant an estimate for head-count.

Directions to the Rice Lofts can be found here, MapQuest directions to the Rice Lofts (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=909+Texas+Ave.&city=Houston&state=Tx&zipcode=77002&homesubmit=Get+Map) . The Empire room is located at the top of the stairs to the right of the elevators in the main lobby.

Come on out and help fight to find a cure for the #1 killer of children under the age of twelve, pediatric brain tumors (and watch a little racing while you're at it).

G-Man
04-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Thanks to the generous folks at Sambuca Jazz Cafe, I'm holding a 2 Wheel Moto-Race Viewing Party at the Empire Room in the Rice Lofts downtown. Come watch AMA 600 Supersport races at 2:00pm, Colin kickin' arse in MotoGP at 3:00, 2 stroke action with Moto 250 at 4:00 and AMA Superbike at 5:00pm in style with an eight foot projection TV and surround sound. Doors open at 1:00, racing starts at 2:00 and we've got the room till 7:00.

A cash bar and appetizers will be available. We will be auctioning seats in the six most comfy chairs right up front to those who demand only the very best in motorcycle race viewing comfort.

Donations at the door to benefit this year's Ride for Kids will be greatly appreciated.

Space is limited so please RSVP to rc4g@kingwoodcable.com so that I can give the restaurant an estimate for head-count.

Directions to the Rice Lofts can be found here, MapQuest directions to the Rice Lofts (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=909+Texas+Ave.&city=Houston&state=Tx&zipcode=77002&homesubmit=Get+Map) . The Empire room is located at the top of the stairs to the right of the elevators in the main lobby.

Come on out and help fight to find a cure for the #1 killer of children under the age of twelve, pediatric brain tumors (and watch a little racing while you're at it).

Ronnie Lunsford
04-03-2003, 02:25 AM
To those that aren't familiar with the Ride for Kids program, let me explain.

Brain tumors continue to be the #1 Killer of children under the age of 12.

The Houston Ride for Kids event is Sunday April 27.

This copy of an e mail explains the program better than I can. It was written by, Jon Wilson, the father of, 12 year old Brian Wilson, who has been battling a brain tumor, for the past five years. Last year at this time, Brian was undergoing chemotheraphy,he was in the hospital, for over 2 months, and weighed less than 40 pounds.

Hello Everyone,
Sorry it has taken me so long to post an update. Brian finished radiation last Wed. He had a fever of 103 the week before. Had to stay in the hospital for that week. Other than that the radiation had a few side effects but not bad.
We got to go to the Supercross races in the Reliant Stadium last weekend, Brian and Josh were able to stay for the main event(very late for them). We had a great time, thanks to Bevo, from Scott Goggles, for tickets and 1st class treatment for the pit tour and ride around the track.

This is cancer awareness month. The Ride for Kids is April 27th in Houston. The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is one of the main reasons that Brian is alive today. The anniversary of the day we found out what Brian had is also the 27th!
I was called at work 17 times in Feb, Mar and April to get him from school because he was so ill. I also had taken him to over 30 doctor visits and I'm not sure how many emergency room visits. The 6th pediophthalmologist is the one that listened to me and looked at the symptoms. That night we were in the emergency room at M.D. Anderson. They are wonderful. I just wish we didn't have to wait for so long to get to them, Brian would have been so much better off, had it been found sooner.

Anyway back to the ride. They sponsor family support. They also fund research grants. All the research is for pedi brain tumors, they will not stop until they have a cure. They are a wonderful group that are very dedicated to finding the cure. They have the rides set up so that the kids have fun too. Sidecars if the kids are to weak, but still able to go. The kids love it and the bikers love to see the happy faces and what the fight is really about. If you have not been to one,it is an experience you will not forget.
Check out www.ride4kids.org (http://www.ride4kids.org)
If you want to sponsor Brian on the ride, please send a check made out to PBTFUS, to us at 7231 Dogwood Trails Dr, Humble, Texas 77346
Thank you all for the prayers and support for the last 5 years. It's so nice to know that we are not in this battle by ourselves, and to know how many people really care.
I can't thank you all enough.
Thanks for the prayers, love and support,
Jon Wilson

In 1984 a child diagnosed with a brain tumor had an average life expectancy of less than a year, today that childs average life expectancy, thanks
to research is over 3 years, but......
If it were your child or mine, I think you'd agree
that this is not acceptable!!!!

Please help us fight to find the cause and cure for childhood brain tumors !!!!!

Come watch the races on Sunday and make a donation, or you can mail your donation to Brian Wilson, or stop by Northwest Honda, or mail
to Northwest Honda
10102 North Freeway
Houston, Texas 77037
Make checks payable to The Pediatric Brain Tumor
Foundation of the United States(PBTFUS)

We owe these kids the same opportunity, that you and I have had, to grow up and live their dreams!!!

With your help and support, we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and sorry this was so long

Ronnie Lunsford
04-03-2003, 02:25 AM
To those that aren't familiar with the Ride for Kids program, let me explain.

Brain tumors continue to be the #1 Killer of children under the age of 12.

The Houston Ride for Kids event is Sunday April 27.

This copy of an e mail explains the program better than I can. It was written by, Jon Wilson, the father of, 12 year old Brian Wilson, who has been battling a brain tumor, for the past five years. Last year at this time, Brian was undergoing chemotheraphy,he was in the hospital, for over 2 months, and weighed less than 40 pounds.

Hello Everyone,
Sorry it has taken me so long to post an update. Brian finished radiation last Wed. He had a fever of 103 the week before. Had to stay in the hospital for that week. Other than that the radiation had a few side effects but not bad.
We got to go to the Supercross races in the Reliant Stadium last weekend, Brian and Josh were able to stay for the main event(very late for them). We had a great time, thanks to Bevo, from Scott Goggles, for tickets and 1st class treatment for the pit tour and ride around the track.

This is cancer awareness month. The Ride for Kids is April 27th in Houston. The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is one of the main reasons that Brian is alive today. The anniversary of the day we found out what Brian had is also the 27th!
I was called at work 17 times in Feb, Mar and April to get him from school because he was so ill. I also had taken him to over 30 doctor visits and I'm not sure how many emergency room visits. The 6th pediophthalmologist is the one that listened to me and looked at the symptoms. That night we were in the emergency room at M.D. Anderson. They are wonderful. I just wish we didn't have to wait for so long to get to them, Brian would have been so much better off, had it been found sooner.

Anyway back to the ride. They sponsor family support. They also fund research grants. All the research is for pedi brain tumors, they will not stop until they have a cure. They are a wonderful group that are very dedicated to finding the cure. They have the rides set up so that the kids have fun too. Sidecars if the kids are to weak, but still able to go. The kids love it and the bikers love to see the happy faces and what the fight is really about. If you have not been to one,it is an experience you will not forget.
Check out www.ride4kids.org (http://www.ride4kids.org)
If you want to sponsor Brian on the ride, please send a check made out to PBTFUS, to us at 7231 Dogwood Trails Dr, Humble, Texas 77346
Thank you all for the prayers and support for the last 5 years. It's so nice to know that we are not in this battle by ourselves, and to know how many people really care.
I can't thank you all enough.
Thanks for the prayers, love and support,
Jon Wilson

In 1984 a child diagnosed with a brain tumor had an average life expectancy of less than a year, today that childs average life expectancy, thanks
to research is over 3 years, but......
If it were your child or mine, I think you'd agree
that this is not acceptable!!!!

Please help us fight to find the cause and cure for childhood brain tumors !!!!!

Come watch the races on Sunday and make a donation, or you can mail your donation to Brian Wilson, or stop by Northwest Honda, or mail
to Northwest Honda
10102 North Freeway
Houston, Texas 77037
Make checks payable to The Pediatric Brain Tumor
Foundation of the United States(PBTFUS)

We owe these kids the same opportunity, that you and I have had, to grow up and live their dreams!!!

With your help and support, we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and sorry this was so long

Tim Haas
04-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Ronnie,
Who do we give our donations to at OHR?

Tim Haas
CMRA #4

Tim Haas
04-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Ronnie,
Who do we give our donations to at OHR?

Tim Haas
CMRA #4

mark niemi
04-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks Ronnie. It's great to see folks take their racing programs and turn them into tools to change people's lives.
A friend of mine found out this past summer he had a brain tumor.The type he has is very aggressive and the only way I can desribe it's action is like a dandelion's burst into the air.It will likely travel down his brain stem and shut down his lungs or heart. He's not expected to live more that another month. He's my age.
We really do need to be more assertive in our research.Taking action now is the most important thing we can do.Waiting is not an option.

mark niemi
04-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks Ronnie. It's great to see folks take their racing programs and turn them into tools to change people's lives.
A friend of mine found out this past summer he had a brain tumor.The type he has is very aggressive and the only way I can desribe it's action is like a dandelion's burst into the air.It will likely travel down his brain stem and shut down his lungs or heart. He's not expected to live more that another month. He's my age.
We really do need to be more assertive in our research.Taking action now is the most important thing we can do.Waiting is not an option.

Ronnie Lunsford
04-04-2003, 12:07 AM
If you want to make a donation at Oak Hill,
you can give them to me next weekend, and I'll
make sure that they get turned in for the ride
on the 27th.

Remember, 8 foot screen for 4 hours of
race watching this Sunday.

Thanks,
Ronnie

Ronnie Lunsford
04-04-2003, 12:07 AM
If you want to make a donation at Oak Hill,
you can give them to me next weekend, and I'll
make sure that they get turned in for the ride
on the 27th.

Remember, 8 foot screen for 4 hours of
race watching this Sunday.

Thanks,
Ronnie

tracykyleharris
04-04-2003, 03:26 PM
bump

tracykyleharris
04-04-2003, 03:26 PM
bump

Ronnie Lunsford
04-06-2003, 12:38 AM
BUMP

Ronnie Lunsford
04-06-2003, 12:38 AM
BUMP

G-Man
04-07-2003, 09:44 AM
I want to thank everyone that came out. Based on the reponse I hope to make this a regular gig so we can all feed our MotoGP addiction.

Go Colin!

G-Man
04-07-2003, 09:44 AM
I want to thank everyone that came out. Based on the reponse I hope to make this a regular gig so we can all feed our MotoGP addiction.

Go Colin!

Steve McNamara
04-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Gordon,
We had fun at the party. After talking with Wade today, LSTD would like to make an additional donation. I'll drop off a $500.00 check to Ronnie's shop tommorrow. It's a GREAT CAUSE.....
Thanks to all the racers who have donated to this charity.

Steve McNamara
04-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Gordon,
We had fun at the party. After talking with Wade today, LSTD would like to make an additional donation. I'll drop off a $500.00 check to Ronnie's shop tommorrow. It's a GREAT CAUSE.....
Thanks to all the racers who have donated to this charity.

Jeff Grant
04-07-2003, 07:18 PM
A good cause... a good time. Hope to see more of yall out at the next one.

Jeff Grant
04-07-2003, 07:18 PM
A good cause... a good time. Hope to see more of yall out at the next one.

G-Man
04-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Steve/Jeff:
I'm glad you were both able to attend and enjoy the event. Yes, the turnout was somewhat less than I had hoped for but a we were able to raise a little money for the PBTFUS Ride for Kids and that's what was really important. The next MotoGP event is actually scheduled for April 27th (the same date as the Houston Ride for Kids event) so we won't be able to do it again then but I plan to tape the festivities for viewing at the May party (schedule still to be determined).

If you are planning to attend the ride on April 27th, I encourage you to just keep your donation until then and present it in LSTD's name accordingly as it doesn't matter whether Ronnie, myself or you donate it; it all ends up in the same (hopefully big) pot. By donating it directly, LSTD's generous donation of $500 will entitle you to a ride pin, 2 t-shirts, 1 entry for the motorcycle drawing and a Ride for Kids fleece jacket.

The question I have is which one of the LSTD guys gets the jacket?

G-Man
04-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Steve/Jeff:
I'm glad you were both able to attend and enjoy the event. Yes, the turnout was somewhat less than I had hoped for but a we were able to raise a little money for the PBTFUS Ride for Kids and that's what was really important. The next MotoGP event is actually scheduled for April 27th (the same date as the Houston Ride for Kids event) so we won't be able to do it again then but I plan to tape the festivities for viewing at the May party (schedule still to be determined).

If you are planning to attend the ride on April 27th, I encourage you to just keep your donation until then and present it in LSTD's name accordingly as it doesn't matter whether Ronnie, myself or you donate it; it all ends up in the same (hopefully big) pot. By donating it directly, LSTD's generous donation of $500 will entitle you to a ride pin, 2 t-shirts, 1 entry for the motorcycle drawing and a Ride for Kids fleece jacket.

The question I have is which one of the LSTD guys gets the jacket?

Steve McNamara
04-09-2003, 09:15 AM
We'll flip a coin. :-)

Coin flipped. Suzanne wins......

Steve McNamara
04-09-2003, 09:15 AM
We'll flip a coin. :-)

Coin flipped. Suzanne wins......

Jeff Grant
04-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Suzanne is a GUY!? d000000000d...!?!?

:p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jeff Grant
04-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Suzanne is a GUY!? d000000000d...!?!?

:p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

mark niemi
04-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Bob Reinert passed away at 930 Tuesday night.
He will be missed by many.

mark niemi
04-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Bob Reinert passed away at 930 Tuesday night.
He will be missed by many.