PDA

View Full Version : TWS Endurance

Bryan Norton
09-21-2002, 09:51 PM
An incredible finish!

After 6 hours and three red flags it came down to mere seconds.

One Way racing led the race from the start. After three red flags, One Way, H.A.S. Racing II and Northwest Honda were gridded on the front row for the final restart with less than an hour left. One Way was a lap up on the field.

H.A.S. had put their fast rider on board, and were clicking 6 seconds a lap faster than One Way. With the clock running out One Way knew they would lose the lead, so they pitted for a rider change and went back out in the fray, less than 20 seconds up on second place H.A.S.

H.A.S. continued to chip away at the lead, but time was running out, and fast.
With the rider change for One Way, it would come down to the last two corners.
H.A.S. finally caught one way, but made the pass at turn 9 (the carousel) with just seconds to spare. The clock stopped at exactly 6 hours complete with H.A.S. in the lead, but before they crossed the scoring point in turn 10.

In an endurance event the clock is the exact scorer, and since One way was in the lead the last time the two bikes crossed the scoring area, One Way took the win.

It was an incredible challenge from H.A.S. II as they consistently hacked at the lead, and had managed to pass One Way, but the clock is the boss, and they had to settle for second overall.

Third place overall was disputed, as originally Northwest Honda had the position, but Village Idiots' transponder had failed in the last hour.
After removing Northwest Honda and placing Village Idiots in the winner's circle, an investigation of the manual scoring sheets showed Northwest to indeed be the winner of third place overall.

Congratulations to all teams which completed the 6 hour. The weather was perfect.

Sunday's weather again is scheduled to be beautiful with low humidity reasonable temperatures.

Bryan Norton
09-21-2002, 09:51 PM
An incredible finish!

After 6 hours and three red flags it came down to mere seconds.

One Way racing led the race from the start. After three red flags, One Way, H.A.S. Racing II and Northwest Honda were gridded on the front row for the final restart with less than an hour left. One Way was a lap up on the field.

H.A.S. had put their fast rider on board, and were clicking 6 seconds a lap faster than One Way. With the clock running out One Way knew they would lose the lead, so they pitted for a rider change and went back out in the fray, less than 20 seconds up on second place H.A.S.

H.A.S. continued to chip away at the lead, but time was running out, and fast.
With the rider change for One Way, it would come down to the last two corners.
H.A.S. finally caught one way, but made the pass at turn 9 (the carousel) with just seconds to spare. The clock stopped at exactly 6 hours complete with H.A.S. in the lead, but before they crossed the scoring point in turn 10.

In an endurance event the clock is the exact scorer, and since One way was in the lead the last time the two bikes crossed the scoring area, One Way took the win.

It was an incredible challenge from H.A.S. II as they consistently hacked at the lead, and had managed to pass One Way, but the clock is the boss, and they had to settle for second overall.

Third place overall was disputed, as originally Northwest Honda had the position, but Village Idiots' transponder had failed in the last hour.
After removing Northwest Honda and placing Village Idiots in the winner's circle, an investigation of the manual scoring sheets showed Northwest to indeed be the winner of third place overall.

Congratulations to all teams which completed the 6 hour. The weather was perfect.

Sunday's weather again is scheduled to be beautiful with low humidity reasonable temperatures.

Louis Reinartz
09-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Red flags.......make ya want to scream..at the rules at least.
I am sure this has been discussed before however I would like to see the topic reviewed by the board.
As I understand the rule you can do anything to the bike under the current rule,change riders,tires refuel etc.
What if under red flag conditions the bike was parked on the far side of pit road and no service of any kind could be performed. Keeping things the same and even for all. Regrid the start with postitions from the previous completed lap.
This would keep the drama high,stragies for endurance racing in check and everyone on plan.

As for the team causing said red flag they can only begin repaires after the restart of the race allowing them to gain no advantage on getting back in the race and not having to be timed to get the penalty for causing the red flag.
Just my .02
Thanks to all for a great day of racing!

Louis Reinartz
09-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Red flags.......make ya want to scream..at the rules at least.
I am sure this has been discussed before however I would like to see the topic reviewed by the board.
As I understand the rule you can do anything to the bike under the current rule,change riders,tires refuel etc.
What if under red flag conditions the bike was parked on the far side of pit road and no service of any kind could be performed. Keeping things the same and even for all. Regrid the start with postitions from the previous completed lap.
This would keep the drama high,stragies for endurance racing in check and everyone on plan.

As for the team causing said red flag they can only begin repaires after the restart of the race allowing them to gain no advantage on getting back in the race and not having to be timed to get the penalty for causing the red flag.
Just my .02
Thanks to all for a great day of racing!

Bob.Dietrich
09-22-2002, 08:46 PM
I like the rules like they are.

We all hope there arenít any red flags but if there are then using them to your advantage is part of race strategy.

Bob
http://www.y2kRacing.com

Bob.Dietrich
09-22-2002, 08:46 PM
I like the rules like they are.

We all hope there arenít any red flags but if there are then using them to your advantage is part of race strategy.

Bob
http://www.y2kRacing.com

Michael Hsu
09-22-2002, 10:53 PM
Nice try Louis, some of us without a trick sugar daddy dual dry brake refuel system like it like it is. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif congrats on 3rd....swine. :p

Michael Hsu
09-22-2002, 10:53 PM
Nice try Louis, some of us without a trick sugar daddy dual dry brake refuel system like it like it is. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif congrats on 3rd....swine. :p

Steve Breen
09-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Ahhhh ... Louis "mr gimme long races then go away and race some other club" Reinartz is back on the CMRA board!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif j/k bro...

As per our last thread about this red flag thing, I like the rules the way they are for the CMRA.
Same for everyone, sometimes ya catch a break, other times it hurts ya. All comes out in the wash, I think.

Steve Breen
09-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Ahhhh ... Louis "mr gimme long races then go away and race some other club" Reinartz is back on the CMRA board!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif j/k bro...

As per our last thread about this red flag thing, I like the rules the way they are for the CMRA.
Same for everyone, sometimes ya catch a break, other times it hurts ya. All comes out in the wash, I think.

Louis Reinartz
09-22-2002, 11:52 PM
Yes it is true we are back to our good friends at CMRA and yes we do want longer races and it's also true we have a sugar....waite thats not true, we do like the longer races and we do like the CMRA family and we will go to Cresson and have some more fun.

If you look at the red flag rule it could be reworked so it serves as a safety issue and not a regular scheduled pit stop in the nick of time.

Really just trying to keep the racing action high,pit stops are part of the racing action and when we use red flags to pit...well it kills some of the action.

Louis Reinartz
09-22-2002, 11:52 PM
Yes it is true we are back to our good friends at CMRA and yes we do want longer races and it's also true we have a sugar....waite thats not true, we do like the longer races and we do like the CMRA family and we will go to Cresson and have some more fun.

If you look at the red flag rule it could be reworked so it serves as a safety issue and not a regular scheduled pit stop in the nick of time.

Really just trying to keep the racing action high,pit stops are part of the racing action and when we use red flags to pit...well it kills some of the action.

Bryan Norton
09-23-2002, 09:20 AM
Interesting you brought this up.

We did try that rule a few years ago.
Actually, the safety issue is just the opposite, here's why.

At a red flag you can not work on your bike, but you look at it. You notice that there are unsafe bits on the bike (loose clamps, worn tires whatever) but since you can not fix it, you are in a bind. You decide to make the restart and turn a few laps before pitting.

As opposed to, it's a red flag and your team now has time to go over the bike and see if anythings is unsafe, AND correct it before the race starts.

The other big problem we had with no work during red flag was it was near impossible to control. Teams would ride their bikes back into the pits and work on them out of view of the officials, or teams would 'forget' the rule and start working on their bike.

Also, no work during the red flag gives an advantage to the big bucks teams with quick change hardware. Since tire changes much occur only during a green flag situation, the time it takes to do a wheel swap plays a much more important role.

Bryan Norton
09-23-2002, 09:20 AM
Interesting you brought this up.

We did try that rule a few years ago.
Actually, the safety issue is just the opposite, here's why.

At a red flag you can not work on your bike, but you look at it. You notice that there are unsafe bits on the bike (loose clamps, worn tires whatever) but since you can not fix it, you are in a bind. You decide to make the restart and turn a few laps before pitting.

As opposed to, it's a red flag and your team now has time to go over the bike and see if anythings is unsafe, AND correct it before the race starts.

The other big problem we had with no work during red flag was it was near impossible to control. Teams would ride their bikes back into the pits and work on them out of view of the officials, or teams would 'forget' the rule and start working on their bike.

Also, no work during the red flag gives an advantage to the big bucks teams with quick change hardware. Since tire changes much occur only during a green flag situation, the time it takes to do a wheel swap plays a much more important role.

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bryan Norton:
[QB]Interesting you brought this up.

[quote]At a red flag you can not work on your bike, but you look at it. You notice that there are unsafe bits on the bike (loose clamps, worn tires whatever) but since you can not fix it, you are in a bind. You decide to make the restart and turn a few laps before pitting.[\quote]

Well it is a race and you should be checking and fixing things on pit stops under green flag conditions,not useing a crash to play catch up.

[quote]The other big problem we had with no work during red flag was it was near impossible to control. Teams would ride their bikes back into the pits and work on them out of view of the officials, or teams would 'forget' the rule and start working on their bike.[\quote]

Simply park all bikes on the far side of pit road and allow no one to approuch the bikes. Close pit in to all bikes so they don't end up behind the wall for service.

[quote]Also, no work during the red flag gives an advantage to the big bucks teams with quick change hardware. Since tire changes much occur only during a green flag situation, the time it takes to do a wheel swap plays a much more important role.[\qoute]

I understand,however if all the teams must work under green flag conditions it is fair to all,as I said earlier it is a race and should be decided under green flag conditions.
Every other organization in racing uses these rules for red flag. No one should be allowed to service the equipment to avoid a stop,pitting is part of the race.
Useing the previous lap for the restart grid is the fair thing as well. Saturday we had run for about 45 minutes before the 1st red flag and we used the original grid to restart,that kinda sucked for those that had moved up and gained position,basically we gave away 45 minutes of racing.
I know there are reasons for all things,I dont have all the anwsers,however we are racing and as I said the race should be decided under green flag conditions,not useing the red flags to serve as a pit stop and get back into the race or to maintain a lead if you need service or repairs you need to stop and take care of the issues not hold out and hope for a red flag.Pitting is some of the excitement in endurance racing.
My .02 ...
Thanks,
Louis Reinartz
Heritage Paint & Body racing

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bryan Norton:
[QB]Interesting you brought this up.

[quote]At a red flag you can not work on your bike, but you look at it. You notice that there are unsafe bits on the bike (loose clamps, worn tires whatever) but since you can not fix it, you are in a bind. You decide to make the restart and turn a few laps before pitting.[\quote]

Well it is a race and you should be checking and fixing things on pit stops under green flag conditions,not useing a crash to play catch up.

[quote]The other big problem we had with no work during red flag was it was near impossible to control. Teams would ride their bikes back into the pits and work on them out of view of the officials, or teams would 'forget' the rule and start working on their bike.[\quote]

Simply park all bikes on the far side of pit road and allow no one to approuch the bikes. Close pit in to all bikes so they don't end up behind the wall for service.

[quote]Also, no work during the red flag gives an advantage to the big bucks teams with quick change hardware. Since tire changes much occur only during a green flag situation, the time it takes to do a wheel swap plays a much more important role.[\qoute]

I understand,however if all the teams must work under green flag conditions it is fair to all,as I said earlier it is a race and should be decided under green flag conditions.
Every other organization in racing uses these rules for red flag. No one should be allowed to service the equipment to avoid a stop,pitting is part of the race.
Useing the previous lap for the restart grid is the fair thing as well. Saturday we had run for about 45 minutes before the 1st red flag and we used the original grid to restart,that kinda sucked for those that had moved up and gained position,basically we gave away 45 minutes of racing.
I know there are reasons for all things,I dont have all the anwsers,however we are racing and as I said the race should be decided under green flag conditions,not useing the red flags to serve as a pit stop and get back into the race or to maintain a lead if you need service or repairs you need to stop and take care of the issues not hold out and hope for a red flag.Pitting is some of the excitement in endurance racing.
My .02 ...
Thanks,
Louis Reinartz
Heritage Paint & Body racing

Eric Kelcher
09-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Well the rule you speak of is used by only one group, that I can find, and they have one of the smallest endurance fields in the country.
The CMRA rules and those of most all endurnace rules in this country are close to the FIM endurnace rules with the exception being that we (CMRA)hold the team resonsible for the red flag in the pits the amount of time for the retech.

When you have 5 minutes or more to examine a bike you will notice things like worn brake pads or time to bleed a brake system. Many many things can be checked that are not part of a "normal" pit stop.

Eric Kelcher
09-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Well the rule you speak of is used by only one group, that I can find, and they have one of the smallest endurance fields in the country.
The CMRA rules and those of most all endurnace rules in this country are close to the FIM endurnace rules with the exception being that we (CMRA)hold the team resonsible for the red flag in the pits the amount of time for the retech.

When you have 5 minutes or more to examine a bike you will notice things like worn brake pads or time to bleed a brake system. Many many things can be checked that are not part of a "normal" pit stop.

Chris Fields
09-23-2002, 01:41 PM
I guess it's just luck of the draw. We flatted shortly into the 8 hour at TWS, but got lucky because of a red flag one lap after we pulled in. This weekend we weren't so lucky. We flatted again and had to make the necessary repairs under green.

I was however very dissappointed having to start in our original grid positions after the first red flag. We had managed to move up several places and were running second in class. We lost everything we had gained. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Chris Fields
09-23-2002, 01:41 PM
I guess it's just luck of the draw. We flatted shortly into the 8 hour at TWS, but got lucky because of a red flag one lap after we pulled in. This weekend we weren't so lucky. We flatted again and had to make the necessary repairs under green.

I was however very dissappointed having to start in our original grid positions after the first red flag. We had managed to move up several places and were running second in class. We lost everything we had gained. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kelcher:

When you have 5 minutes or more to examine a bike you will notice things like worn brake pads or time to bleed a brake system. Many many things can be checked that are not part of a "normal" pit stop.[/QB]</div></div>Eric,and to all with respect,Shouldn't those types of items be addressed BEFORE you get on the track?
I don't think I 'm to far off target here but... maybe I am,most riders come to the track to race,meaning they have race prepped the bike before they arrived.If something comes up during the race you take care of it,not waite for a red flag and fix it then.We are racing and the race should be raced under green flag conditions and repaires,refuel,tires rider changes etc,should be handled under said conditions not hoping for a red flag to make repaires,tire changes or anything else. A red flag is used to take care of a safety issue on the track,not to fix your bike so you can keep up or avoid a stop.A red flag should not result in a team gaining a advantage on another due to a crash.

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kelcher:

When you have 5 minutes or more to examine a bike you will notice things like worn brake pads or time to bleed a brake system. Many many things can be checked that are not part of a "normal" pit stop.[/QB]</div></div>Eric,and to all with respect,Shouldn't those types of items be addressed BEFORE you get on the track?
I don't think I 'm to far off target here but... maybe I am,most riders come to the track to race,meaning they have race prepped the bike before they arrived.If something comes up during the race you take care of it,not waite for a red flag and fix it then.We are racing and the race should be raced under green flag conditions and repaires,refuel,tires rider changes etc,should be handled under said conditions not hoping for a red flag to make repaires,tire changes or anything else. A red flag is used to take care of a safety issue on the track,not to fix your bike so you can keep up or avoid a stop.A red flag should not result in a team gaining a advantage on another due to a crash.

Eric Kelcher
09-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Those were just a couple of safety related things and it is the same for everyone, plus it is the standard around the world. You do not plan for a red flag but you have to have your race together as whole package not just throw money at a program with quick change wheels, and fueling you must have the riders too.

Eric Kelcher
09-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Those were just a couple of safety related things and it is the same for everyone, plus it is the standard around the world. You do not plan for a red flag but you have to have your race together as whole package not just throw money at a program with quick change wheels, and fueling you must have the riders too.

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Those were just a couple of safety related things and it is the same for everyone, plus it is the standard around the world.</div></div>Are you talking racing in general or bikes only,most of what I see does not allow work to be done on red flags..probably wrong here just what I see from time to time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do not plan for a red flag but you have to have your race together as whole package not just throw money at a program with quick change wheels, and fueling you must have the riders too.</div></div>Eric,
Exactly my point if you have your program together you would plan to do the things required to stay in the race and plan for them under green flag conditions,so why use a red flag to perform service to a bike in need,simply waite for the condition to go green complete the session and perform a pit stop,had the red flag not happened that is what a team would have done anyway...right?
No team should gain a advantage over another simply because a red flag came out,the racing happens under the green flag. No matter how much money a team invests in it's effort it does come down to the riders,having said that let the riders get it on under a green flag and let the pit crews work it out under green flags as well.
My point is realy simple,No team should gain a advantage due to a red flag we race under the green.Red flags suck,can we all agree on that?

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Those were just a couple of safety related things and it is the same for everyone, plus it is the standard around the world.</div></div>Are you talking racing in general or bikes only,most of what I see does not allow work to be done on red flags..probably wrong here just what I see from time to time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do not plan for a red flag but you have to have your race together as whole package not just throw money at a program with quick change wheels, and fueling you must have the riders too.</div></div>Eric,
Exactly my point if you have your program together you would plan to do the things required to stay in the race and plan for them under green flag conditions,so why use a red flag to perform service to a bike in need,simply waite for the condition to go green complete the session and perform a pit stop,had the red flag not happened that is what a team would have done anyway...right?
No team should gain a advantage over another simply because a red flag came out,the racing happens under the green flag. No matter how much money a team invests in it's effort it does come down to the riders,having said that let the riders get it on under a green flag and let the pit crews work it out under green flags as well.
My point is realy simple,No team should gain a advantage due to a red flag we race under the green.Red flags suck,can we all agree on that?

Brett
09-23-2002, 05:21 PM
You say no team should gain an advantage because of a red flag. If you truly want to enforce that then you need timed restarts, not just a big grid. When one team pulls a 7/8 lap lead on another and a red flag comes out the fast team loses everything they've worked for. Or perhaps we start in the grid but know that team A has a 90 second lead on team B. I'm sure you see my point, and I think there is more advantage to be gained (or lost) in this fashion than in whether or not your "nothing is too expensive for my team" dual dry brake fuel system gets you something over the guy filling his bike during a red flag with a $5 Walmart plastic fuel can.

Nobody likes red flags but most of us like to be able to do whatever we need to with the bike during them. I'll be the first to admit that if I couldn't work on the bike during a red flag and saw something marginal I might just say "chance it" rather than "fix it". Working on the bikes allows the "fix it" line to prevail.

What about rider swaps, would you allow those in your red flag scenario? How about bathroom breaks for that rider? Perhaps they need to sit on the grid beside the bike so we can keep an eye on them as well? Again, we don't want the red flag to be any advantage or disadvantage to anybody. What about if someone is already in the pits when a red flag comes out?

The rules work for everyone as is. All this whining really makes it look like you're trying to buy your way onto the podium. Just take a big deep breath and let it go.

Brett
09-23-2002, 05:21 PM
You say no team should gain an advantage because of a red flag. If you truly want to enforce that then you need timed restarts, not just a big grid. When one team pulls a 7/8 lap lead on another and a red flag comes out the fast team loses everything they've worked for. Or perhaps we start in the grid but know that team A has a 90 second lead on team B. I'm sure you see my point, and I think there is more advantage to be gained (or lost) in this fashion than in whether or not your "nothing is too expensive for my team" dual dry brake fuel system gets you something over the guy filling his bike during a red flag with a $5 Walmart plastic fuel can.

Nobody likes red flags but most of us like to be able to do whatever we need to with the bike during them. I'll be the first to admit that if I couldn't work on the bike during a red flag and saw something marginal I might just say "chance it" rather than "fix it". Working on the bikes allows the "fix it" line to prevail.

What about rider swaps, would you allow those in your red flag scenario? How about bathroom breaks for that rider? Perhaps they need to sit on the grid beside the bike so we can keep an eye on them as well? Again, we don't want the red flag to be any advantage or disadvantage to anybody. What about if someone is already in the pits when a red flag comes out?

The rules work for everyone as is. All this whining really makes it look like you're trying to buy your way onto the podium. Just take a big deep breath and let it go.

jgriffin
09-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Hey guys when can we look forward to see overall results on the endurance series/lap times for this race? Cant wait to see, hehehe. LOL Jason

jgriffin
09-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Hey guys when can we look forward to see overall results on the endurance series/lap times for this race? Cant wait to see, hehehe. LOL Jason

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Yea your are soooo right Brett, Ahhh deep breath,all better.

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Yea your are soooo right Brett, Ahhh deep breath,all better.

shanes moto
09-23-2002, 05:44 PM
THEM SOUNDS LIKE NASCAR RULES, YOU'LL HAVE TO LEARN US MOTORCYCLE RACERS DON'T CARE FOR THAT NASCAR STUFF.

shanes moto
09-23-2002, 05:44 PM
THEM SOUNDS LIKE NASCAR RULES, YOU'LL HAVE TO LEARN US MOTORCYCLE RACERS DON'T CARE FOR THAT NASCAR STUFF.

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 05:57 PM
DOH, Shane you were not suppose to pick up on that! Now I'm gonna have to start all over with a different tact!
Uh...do you watch nascar with the shades down so nobody knows? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 05:57 PM
DOH, Shane you were not suppose to pick up on that! Now I'm gonna have to start all over with a different tact!
Uh...do you watch nascar with the shades down so nobody knows? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Walter Walker
09-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Over the years I have heard this argument before, but I did not see a single teem not working on there bike during the red flag delays.If you endurance race long enough sooner or later a red flag will help you out.

Walter Walker
09-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Over the years I have heard this argument before, but I did not see a single teem not working on there bike during the red flag delays.If you endurance race long enough sooner or later a red flag will help you out.

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 09:20 PM
Mr. Breen summed it up,sooner or later it all comes out in the wash, it was a good topic for discussion.Either way the race goes on and really all that matters at the end of the day is did you have fun and did you give it your best shot.
I enjoy the friends I have made in the CMRA and look forward to every race,see ya'll at the track. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Louis Reinartz
09-23-2002, 09:20 PM
Mr. Breen summed it up,sooner or later it all comes out in the wash, it was a good topic for discussion.Either way the race goes on and really all that matters at the end of the day is did you have fun and did you give it your best shot.
I enjoy the friends I have made in the CMRA and look forward to every race,see ya'll at the track. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ty Howard
09-23-2002, 10:10 PM
You guys can set here and go back and fourth about pros and cons of working on bikes during red flag. We tried the "no working during red flag deal" and it sucked. Everyone that has gone through this type of procedure knows it sucks and would just asume work during the red flag. Everyone uses the red flag to help them and Eric is right there is no way to dictate that rule. The CMRA has enough on there hands to do with out having to worry about enforcing a rule like that.
The rules are equal to everyone and if anything it levels the playing field between the better founded teams and the teams that take 3 minutes to do tire changes and 45 seconds to add fuel.

Ty Howard
09-23-2002, 10:10 PM
You guys can set here and go back and fourth about pros and cons of working on bikes during red flag. We tried the "no working during red flag deal" and it sucked. Everyone that has gone through this type of procedure knows it sucks and would just asume work during the red flag. Everyone uses the red flag to help them and Eric is right there is no way to dictate that rule. The CMRA has enough on there hands to do with out having to worry about enforcing a rule like that.
The rules are equal to everyone and if anything it levels the playing field between the better founded teams and the teams that take 3 minutes to do tire changes and 45 seconds to add fuel.

jseitz
09-23-2002, 11:15 PM
Three minutes? I wish we could change a tire in that time. Which makes me wonder how long the better founded teams take to do this.

Anyone willing to share?

Jesse

jseitz
09-23-2002, 11:15 PM
Three minutes? I wish we could change a tire in that time. Which makes me wonder how long the better founded teams take to do this.

Anyone willing to share?

Jesse

Troy Green
09-24-2002, 05:18 AM
I would venture to say there are a few teams in the CMRA that can change BOTH tires faster than some teams add fuel. A fast tire change in the CMRA would be under 45 seconds for both wheels.

At the WERA National Endurance series there were a couple of teams changing both wheels in under 20 seconds. That kind of hardware costs $xx,xxx.00 though.

Troy

Troy Green
09-24-2002, 05:18 AM
I would venture to say there are a few teams in the CMRA that can change BOTH tires faster than some teams add fuel. A fast tire change in the CMRA would be under 45 seconds for both wheels.

At the WERA National Endurance series there were a couple of teams changing both wheels in under 20 seconds. That kind of hardware costs $xx,xxx.00 though.

Troy