PDA

View Full Version : Sat. practice red flag turn 11/12?

jseitz
09-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Anyone see what happened? I was the one run over after low siding. I don't remember anything really and am curious to know how I ended up in the ER /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif .

Luckily, I only suffered a concussion and some neck strain. The ambulance driver said my head was run over so I guess I'm very lucky there. I'd like to hear from anyone who saw it.

Thanks,
Jesse Seitz #830 AM.

jseitz
09-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Anyone see what happened? I was the one run over after low siding. I don't remember anything really and am curious to know how I ended up in the ER /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif .

Luckily, I only suffered a concussion and some neck strain. The ambulance driver said my head was run over so I guess I'm very lucky there. I'd like to hear from anyone who saw it.

Thanks,
Jesse Seitz #830 AM.

Michael Hsu
09-22-2002, 10:49 PM
hilarious, first time I've ever heard of someone being lucky their HEAD got run o'er...makes sense, I think.

Michael Hsu
09-22-2002, 10:49 PM
hilarious, first time I've ever heard of someone being lucky their HEAD got run o'er...makes sense, I think.

Michael D. Henry
09-23-2002, 11:16 AM
I would like to say that at whoever ran over my partners head out there on the track, sending him to the hospital and effectively ending our race day, should at least see how he was. It was a minor lowside, broke the brake lever and scuffed the bodywork, that's it. Jesse was fine until someone ran over his back and drove his face into the pavement. I'm not blaming him by any means, that's just part of racing. I do think that if you run over someone though, putting them out of commission, it would be the stand up thing to do to at least come over and see how he was or at least inquire.
Peace

Michael D. Henry
09-23-2002, 11:16 AM
I would like to say that at whoever ran over my partners head out there on the track, sending him to the hospital and effectively ending our race day, should at least see how he was. It was a minor lowside, broke the brake lever and scuffed the bodywork, that's it. Jesse was fine until someone ran over his back and drove his face into the pavement. I'm not blaming him by any means, that's just part of racing. I do think that if you run over someone though, putting them out of commission, it would be the stand up thing to do to at least come over and see how he was or at least inquire.
Peace

jseitz
09-23-2002, 11:31 PM
I'd just like to add that one of the corner workers mailed me saying the guy I got tangled up with stuck around until I was loaded. And I'd like to re-iterate that there are no hard feelings what-so-ever. As they say "that's racing".

I would like to hear from the guy that was following just to know how close I came that day, but either way it's no big deal and I'll see everyone again at Cresson.

Jesse

jseitz
09-23-2002, 11:31 PM
I'd just like to add that one of the corner workers mailed me saying the guy I got tangled up with stuck around until I was loaded. And I'd like to re-iterate that there are no hard feelings what-so-ever. As they say "that's racing".

I would like to hear from the guy that was following just to know how close I came that day, but either way it's no big deal and I'll see everyone again at Cresson.

Jesse

Michael Hsu
09-23-2002, 11:53 PM
Hey Jesse, no offense and apologies if so read. I saw the smiley and was smiling with you being glad to hear another racer came out of bad incident in relatively good health.

Michael Hsu
09-23-2002, 11:53 PM
Hey Jesse, no offense and apologies if so read. I saw the smiley and was smiling with you being glad to hear another racer came out of bad incident in relatively good health.

Troy Green
09-24-2002, 04:55 AM
Hello,

If this is the same crash I think it is the person that ran over you some how stayed on two wheels, and then returned to your side and was there long enough for me to see both of you for two laps. I think I know who the unfortunate person was that was unable to avoid you, but don't want to mention it in a public forum just in case I am mistaken. If you want e-mail me and I will let you know who I think was involved.
And as for your friend demanding an explanation as to why this person doesn't speak up, please remember that not everyone visits this message board every day.

Troy Green
CMRA #5
tpgreen@cnmnetwork.com

Troy Green
09-24-2002, 04:55 AM
Hello,

If this is the same crash I think it is the person that ran over you some how stayed on two wheels, and then returned to your side and was there long enough for me to see both of you for two laps. I think I know who the unfortunate person was that was unable to avoid you, but don't want to mention it in a public forum just in case I am mistaken. If you want e-mail me and I will let you know who I think was involved.
And as for your friend demanding an explanation as to why this person doesn't speak up, please remember that not everyone visits this message board every day.

Troy Green
CMRA #5
tpgreen@cnmnetwork.com

Eddie Burk
09-24-2002, 08:47 AM
Darn, don't you just hate the voice of reason.

Eddie Burk
09-24-2002, 08:47 AM
Darn, don't you just hate the voice of reason.

Michael D. Henry
09-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey Troy, I wasn't *demanding* an explanation. I just thought it would be the right thing to do if you run over someone to at least see how they are doing. Jesse sat in the pit's all day long in a daze trying to figure out what happened. The bike was right behind him behind pit wall right beside the start line all day, so he wouldn't have been hard to find.

Michael D. Henry
09-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey Troy, I wasn't *demanding* an explanation. I just thought it would be the right thing to do if you run over someone to at least see how they are doing. Jesse sat in the pit's all day long in a daze trying to figure out what happened. The bike was right behind him behind pit wall right beside the start line all day, so he wouldn't have been hard to find.

ben fondu
09-24-2002, 10:07 AM
dude just chill out and that guy will step up.

ben fondu
09-24-2002, 10:07 AM
dude just chill out and that guy will step up.

Eddie Burk
09-24-2002, 10:16 AM
Per an e-mail request from jesse to be clear on my voice of reason statement: my comment was to Mike Henry, and about what Troy " The Voice of Reason" had said. It was not directed to jesse. Also if my statement offended anyone else, sorry

Eddie Burk
09-24-2002, 10:16 AM
Per an e-mail request from jesse to be clear on my voice of reason statement: my comment was to Mike Henry, and about what Troy " The Voice of Reason" had said. It was not directed to jesse. Also if my statement offended anyone else, sorry

bentracing
09-24-2002, 02:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jesse Seitz:

Thanks,
Jesse Seitz #830 AM.</div></div>Hey Jesse, I ran over you. I did everything possible to avoid you, but could not. You were spinning around face down, as was your bike. That's a lot of real estate to miss! As soon as I got the bike stopped, I immediately started screaming for a red flag. (I later talked to Walter about the delay before it was thrown.) I then motored up to you and forced you to sit down. You were VERY disoriented, and staggering like a drunk. Once the flag was finally thrown, I was demanding an ambulance, despite the fact that you thought you were OK. The corner workers seemed reluctant to break in on the current conversation (on the radios), but finally got the ambulance called. I stayed with you until it arrived, just to make sure that you would stay put.
I was in touch with a friend of yours a couple of times throughout the day, and am glad to hear that you are doing OK.

Now for the politics.
I posted this reply for the benefit of the rider, everyone likes to know the details of their crash. I did not post the previous part of this to defend myself, but I will answer some questions now.

Concerning “The bike was right behind him behind pit wall right beside the start line all day, so he wouldn't have been hard to find.”: I could not have told you the make or color of the bike while it was sliding, much less later in the day. I was too busy avoiding the whole mess to think about how to identify the bike later. Rick Hogge could probably testify that I am the worst about remembering make and color of other bikes, even after dicing with them for an endurance stint!

As far as this statement "Jesse was fine until someone ran over his back and drove his face into the pavement." That's quite a statement. I was under the impression that he hit his head quite hard before I got there. Maybe you had a better view than I did.

I am sorry that this event ruined you race day. I am stoked that Jesse is taking it so well, and that you and the bike are repairable. I would also like to mention my gratefulness to the corner workers, and I am sure that they will be a little faster with the red flag next time. I made it a point to nod or wave to the guys in that corner throughout the race, as my way of apologizing for all the yelling I did for a red flag and an ambulance. Thanks again.

If anyone would like to talk to me concerning this incident, I would rather do it over the phone or via email.
Jesse and Michael, let’s have a beer after the race at Cresson!

Ty Stranger-Thorsen
bentracing@hotmail.com

bentracing
09-24-2002, 02:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jesse Seitz:

Thanks,
Jesse Seitz #830 AM.</div></div>Hey Jesse, I ran over you. I did everything possible to avoid you, but could not. You were spinning around face down, as was your bike. That's a lot of real estate to miss! As soon as I got the bike stopped, I immediately started screaming for a red flag. (I later talked to Walter about the delay before it was thrown.) I then motored up to you and forced you to sit down. You were VERY disoriented, and staggering like a drunk. Once the flag was finally thrown, I was demanding an ambulance, despite the fact that you thought you were OK. The corner workers seemed reluctant to break in on the current conversation (on the radios), but finally got the ambulance called. I stayed with you until it arrived, just to make sure that you would stay put.
I was in touch with a friend of yours a couple of times throughout the day, and am glad to hear that you are doing OK.

Now for the politics.
I posted this reply for the benefit of the rider, everyone likes to know the details of their crash. I did not post the previous part of this to defend myself, but I will answer some questions now.

Concerning “The bike was right behind him behind pit wall right beside the start line all day, so he wouldn't have been hard to find.”: I could not have told you the make or color of the bike while it was sliding, much less later in the day. I was too busy avoiding the whole mess to think about how to identify the bike later. Rick Hogge could probably testify that I am the worst about remembering make and color of other bikes, even after dicing with them for an endurance stint!

As far as this statement "Jesse was fine until someone ran over his back and drove his face into the pavement." That's quite a statement. I was under the impression that he hit his head quite hard before I got there. Maybe you had a better view than I did.

I am sorry that this event ruined you race day. I am stoked that Jesse is taking it so well, and that you and the bike are repairable. I would also like to mention my gratefulness to the corner workers, and I am sure that they will be a little faster with the red flag next time. I made it a point to nod or wave to the guys in that corner throughout the race, as my way of apologizing for all the yelling I did for a red flag and an ambulance. Thanks again.

If anyone would like to talk to me concerning this incident, I would rather do it over the phone or via email.
Jesse and Michael, let’s have a beer after the race at Cresson!

Ty Stranger-Thorsen
bentracing@hotmail.com

Michael D. Henry
09-24-2002, 03:37 PM
SHEEESH! Sorry I got so many feathers ruffled, I will try to sugar coat my words a little better next time /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . This message board thing seems to lose a lot of context in conversation and people seem to always look for a negative meaning /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Ty, thanks for stepping up. I didn't even mean for it to turn out where that is what you felt like you had to do.

I'm not pissed, nor is Jesse, so that beer would be great.

Peace

Michael D. Henry
09-24-2002, 03:37 PM
SHEEESH! Sorry I got so many feathers ruffled, I will try to sugar coat my words a little better next time /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . This message board thing seems to lose a lot of context in conversation and people seem to always look for a negative meaning /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Ty, thanks for stepping up. I didn't even mean for it to turn out where that is what you felt like you had to do.

Peace

ben fondu
09-24-2002, 03:54 PM
ty, u adressed your thread very well and definately have respect for your composure. mike, no need to sugar coat, just get the whole story before u go on a rant. hope u guys enjoy ur beer.

ben fondu
09-24-2002, 03:54 PM
ty, u adressed your thread very well and definately have respect for your composure. mike, no need to sugar coat, just get the whole story before u go on a rant. hope u guys enjoy ur beer.

bentracing
09-24-2002, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Michael D. Henry:

Peace</div></div>Cool.
Thanks for the reply.
Ben, you can join us for the beers!
ty

bentracing
09-24-2002, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Michael D. Henry:

Peace</div></div>Cool.
Thanks for the reply.
Ben, you can join us for the beers!
ty

jseitz
09-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Hey Ty,

Thanks for the post, and for your extra efforts on my behalf. I sent you an e-mail.

Jesse

jseitz
09-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Hey Ty,

Thanks for the post, and for your extra efforts on my behalf. I sent you an e-mail.

Jesse

Chuck Ergle
09-24-2002, 10:40 PM
If this was the crash in the first Transponder practice, I was right behind y'all and had to pick a line to avoid running over bike or rider. I saw a guy tumbling and a guy riding off. Funny thing, it was the same lap I saw two guys hanging over the air fence in turn 8 (cornerworker Emmett Dibble and an unfortunate rider), looking for something that had evidently disappeared under the airfence. I rode into turn three after the 11/12 thing, and then saw a red flag to end the session. It was a crazy weekend, as I crashed the Faltless SV650 in turn 6 during the endurance race; I lost the front before the apex, after releasing the front brake, evidently over a bump or something (I'm still trying to figure it out, cuz I don't crash that much and have NEVER had a problem in 6). Full moon, like the guy said...

Chuck Ergle
09-24-2002, 10:40 PM
If this was the crash in the first Transponder practice, I was right behind y'all and had to pick a line to avoid running over bike or rider. I saw a guy tumbling and a guy riding off. Funny thing, it was the same lap I saw two guys hanging over the air fence in turn 8 (cornerworker Emmett Dibble and an unfortunate rider), looking for something that had evidently disappeared under the airfence. I rode into turn three after the 11/12 thing, and then saw a red flag to end the session. It was a crazy weekend, as I crashed the Faltless SV650 in turn 6 during the endurance race; I lost the front before the apex, after releasing the front brake, evidently over a bump or something (I'm still trying to figure it out, cuz I don't crash that much and have NEVER had a problem in 6). Full moon, like the guy said...