PDA

View Full Version : XR 50 MOTARD

Shane Thorn
04-22-2003, 09:41 PM
WHAT CLASS WOULD A SLIGHTLY MODIFIED XR 50 MOTARD RUN IN AS FOR AS THE ENDURANCE RACE GOES?

Shane Thorn
04-22-2003, 09:41 PM
WHAT CLASS WOULD A SLIGHTLY MODIFIED XR 50 MOTARD RUN IN AS FOR AS THE ENDURANCE RACE GOES?

Daniel Browning
04-22-2003, 10:14 PM
middleweight. against xr100, ttr125, ysr100's ysr60's

Daniel Browning
04-22-2003, 10:14 PM
middleweight. against xr100, ttr125, ysr100's ysr60's

Jiveturky
04-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Shane,

Anyone who has played with these little bikes know that with the stock dispacement they won't hang with even a stock YSR. I have spoken with a few of the TMGP guys and if enough people show, they will make our own class. I thought about talking them into letting us run with the Stock YSR's but after thinking it over, I decided it wasn't worth bringing up. We would be out there with them anyway.

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
04-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Shane,

Anyone who has played with these little bikes know that with the stock dispacement they won't hang with even a stock YSR. I have spoken with a few of the TMGP guys and if enough people show, they will make our own class. I thought about talking them into letting us run with the Stock YSR's but after thinking it over, I decided it wasn't worth bringing up. We would be out there with them anyway.

Later, Eric

Motorcyclesplus
04-23-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey,Guys

You all can bring your xr50's to the flattack day in west this weekend. I will have mine there & my ttr125. I hope to see yall there it will be loads of fun.We should have a few at the next tmgp
race.

Thanks
Phillip Fisher
MiniMotorMadness
motorcyclesplus@yahoo.com

Motorcyclesplus
04-23-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey,Guys

You all can bring your xr50's to the flattack day in west this weekend. I will have mine there & my ttr125. I hope to see yall there it will be loads of fun.We should have a few at the next tmgp
race.

Thanks
Phillip Fisher
MiniMotorMadness
motorcyclesplus@yahoo.com

Jiveturky
04-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Phil,

How many actual 50's show up? Mine has some mods but has not been overbored and would not keep up with the 80 kits. How many heats and such would I be able to run? You also mentioned that some of you would be at the next TMGP race. Are those stock displacement or do they have overbore kits as well. A couple of friends and I will probably show up for that either way. When and where is the next TMGP event?

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
04-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Phil,

How many actual 50's show up? Mine has some mods but has not been overbored and would not keep up with the 80 kits. How many heats and such would I be able to run? You also mentioned that some of you would be at the next TMGP race. Are those stock displacement or do they have overbore kits as well. A couple of friends and I will probably show up for that either way. When and where is the next TMGP event?

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
04-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Shane,
Is the little 50 still a stock bore?? If so what sort of other things have you done?? Better yet what do you plan on doing with it??
Later, Eric

Jiveturky
04-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Shane,
Is the little 50 still a stock bore?? If so what sort of other things have you done?? Better yet what do you plan on doing with it??
Later, Eric

Motorcyclesplus
04-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Most z & xr50's are not 50's anymore. Mine is 75cc but who knows what will show up. The tmgp race is in katy may24-25 . I think it will be a 3hour on the 24th.In west there will be a few show up& run alone no larger bikes.

Thanks
Phillip

Motorcyclesplus
04-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Most z & xr50's are not 50's anymore. Mine is 75cc but who knows what will show up. The tmgp race is in katy may24-25 . I think it will be a 3hour on the 24th.In west there will be a few show up& run alone no larger bikes.

Thanks
Phillip

Shane Thorn
04-23-2003, 09:43 PM
well eric this little xr is probably as far from stock as you can get. the only xr parts remaining are the frame and the engine cases. to see the bike i'm talking about go to "classichondausa.com" thats where i work now. we are the distributors for kitaco and takagawa race parts for the usa. the little bike dyno tested at a whopping 18.7 hp, pretty good increase from stock 2.6 with only bolt on parts.

shane

Shane Thorn
04-23-2003, 09:43 PM
well eric this little xr is probably as far from stock as you can get. the only xr parts remaining are the frame and the engine cases. to see the bike i'm talking about go to "classichondausa.com" thats where i work now. we are the distributors for kitaco and takagawa race parts for the usa. the little bike dyno tested at a whopping 18.7 hp, pretty good increase from stock 2.6 with only bolt on parts.

shane

BLAIR LIVELY 96
04-24-2003, 12:27 PM
yeah, and it sounds like a 450

BLAIR LIVELY 96
04-24-2003, 12:27 PM
yeah, and it sounds like a 450

Brooks Gremmels
04-24-2003, 01:04 PM
For those of you who don't know Blair, he is The Man, when it comes to racing XR50's. The Hot Shoe National races were held in conjunction with our arenacross races last season. Blair flat won every single race I saw. When he won the championship at the Guthrie, OK arena, his trophy was taller than him.
The last time I saw him in action was at Kaufman, where he was racing the XR in flat track/TT races. He won 'em.
I understand Blair rides a big bike about as well.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
04-24-2003, 01:04 PM
For those of you who don't know Blair, he is The Man, when it comes to racing XR50's. The Hot Shoe National races were held in conjunction with our arenacross races last season. Blair flat won every single race I saw. When he won the championship at the Guthrie, OK arena, his trophy was taller than him.
The last time I saw him in action was at Kaufman, where he was racing the XR in flat track/TT races. He won 'em.
I understand Blair rides a big bike about as well.
Brooks

waytooslow
04-24-2003, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by SHANE E THORN:
.... to see the bike i'm talking about go to "classichondausa.com" thats where i work now. we are the distributors for kitaco and takagawa race parts for the usa....
shane</div></div>Dang... wish they had all that kind of stuff for the XR100... impressed... I love tinkering.
SM

waytooslow
04-24-2003, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by SHANE E THORN:
.... to see the bike i'm talking about go to "classichondausa.com" thats where i work now. we are the distributors for kitaco and takagawa race parts for the usa....
shane</div></div>Dang... wish they had all that kind of stuff for the XR100... impressed... I love tinkering.
SM

R Eads
04-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Scott,
Takagawa makes all kinds of parts for the xr 100.
They even have a aluminum cylinder that has ports for a oil cooler, oil cooler optional. You just need plenty of $$$.

Richard Eads

R Eads
04-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Scott,
Takagawa makes all kinds of parts for the xr 100.
They even have a aluminum cylinder that has ports for a oil cooler, oil cooler optional. You just need plenty of $$$.

Richard Eads

waytooslow
04-24-2003, 01:29 PM
any site suggestions??
SM

waytooslow
04-24-2003, 01:29 PM
any site suggestions??
SM

Jiveturky
04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Brooks,

I saw Blair and his crew at the Guthrie arena, it was very cool. It made me wish I had my 50 there.

Shane,

One question for you, SLIGHTLY MIDIFIED????? There is nothing slight about that bike. I have been following the classic honda guys on the net for awhile. Have you actually ridden that little beast?? Very cool little bike but I am sure it cost as much as any bike I have ever raced. Hell it probably cost as much as two of them.

My wife says I am busy this weekend so I hope you guys have fun. Make sure and post here or e-mail me other dates, I would love to get involved with you 50 guys.

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Brooks,

I saw Blair and his crew at the Guthrie arena, it was very cool. It made me wish I had my 50 there.

Shane,

One question for you, SLIGHTLY MIDIFIED????? There is nothing slight about that bike. I have been following the classic honda guys on the net for awhile. Have you actually ridden that little beast?? Very cool little bike but I am sure it cost as much as any bike I have ever raced. Hell it probably cost as much as two of them.

My wife says I am busy this weekend so I hope you guys have fun. Make sure and post here or e-mail me other dates, I would love to get involved with you 50 guys.

Later, Eric

Shane Thorn
04-24-2003, 10:57 PM
WE ( CLASSIC HONDA) DO HAVE STUFF FOR THE XR 100 AND IF YOU GO TO OUR SITE (CLASSICHONDAUSA.COM) ALL THAT EYE CANDY BELIEVE IT OR NOT IS IN STOCK. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE ARE THE DISTRIBUTORS FOR THE USA, SO ANY WHERE YOU SEE KITACO, IT CAME FROM US. WE ALSO IMPORT SOME PRETTY NEAT LITTLE BIKES.
AND YEAH I HAVE RODE THE LITTLE BEAST "UNBELIEVABLE", 15000 RPM, 18 HP, 125 LBS
IF ANY BODY WANTS ANYTHING JUST GIVE ME A CALL
903-509-2727
SHANE

Shane Thorn
04-24-2003, 10:57 PM
WE ( CLASSIC HONDA) DO HAVE STUFF FOR THE XR 100 AND IF YOU GO TO OUR SITE (CLASSICHONDAUSA.COM) ALL THAT EYE CANDY BELIEVE IT OR NOT IS IN STOCK. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE ARE THE DISTRIBUTORS FOR THE USA, SO ANY WHERE YOU SEE KITACO, IT CAME FROM US. WE ALSO IMPORT SOME PRETTY NEAT LITTLE BIKES.
AND YEAH I HAVE RODE THE LITTLE BEAST "UNBELIEVABLE", 15000 RPM, 18 HP, 125 LBS
IF ANY BODY WANTS ANYTHING JUST GIVE ME A CALL
903-509-2727
SHANE

Shane Thorn
04-24-2003, 11:01 PM
WE ARE ALSO THE DISTRIBUTOR FOR TAKEGAWA FOR THE USA ALSO. HEY BROOKS GIVE ME A CALL

SHANE
903-509-2727

Shane Thorn
04-24-2003, 11:01 PM
WE ARE ALSO THE DISTRIBUTOR FOR TAKEGAWA FOR THE USA ALSO. HEY BROOKS GIVE ME A CALL

SHANE
903-509-2727

BLAIR LIVELY 96
04-25-2003, 11:38 AM
I placed an order yesterday!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

BLAIR LIVELY 96
04-25-2003, 11:38 AM
I placed an order yesterday!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif