PDA

View Full Version : thanks pete martins and marcus mcbain.......

Paige
09-23-2002, 10:22 AM
.....for the suspension help on both the endurance bike and my sprint bike! see ya at cresson.

Paige
09-23-2002, 10:22 AM
.....for the suspension help on both the endurance bike and my sprint bike! see ya at cresson.

marcus mcbain
09-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Thanks Paige. I had a lot of fun this weekend helping out everyone. Our 20.00 "Axxion suspension tune-up" was a great success and the smiles that were on many faces from a motorcycle that handled much better for the racers was very rewarding. I think we even made Gene a believer /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

marcus mcbain
09-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Thanks Paige. I had a lot of fun this weekend helping out everyone. Our 20.00 "Axxion suspension tune-up" was a great success and the smiles that were on many faces from a motorcycle that handled much better for the racers was very rewarding. I think we even made Gene a believer /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

E. Templet
09-23-2002, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Marcus McBain:
Thanks Paige. I had a lot of fun this weekend helping out everyone. Our 20.00 "Axxion suspension tune-up" was a great success and the smiles that were on many faces from a motorcycle that handled much better for the racers was very rewarding. I think we even made Gene a believer /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Yep, I've been chasing my suspension around all season from one end of the spectum to the other. I was a bit reluctant to let Marcus play with something that I was finally able to ride with, some degree of confidence. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif However, Marcus' natural charm, sincerity, and BS (j/k) virtually won me over and I gave him my newly Raceworx rebuilt engine and shiny red bike to do with as he wished. Hey, I'm not easy, "nobody" touches my stuff unless I truly believe in them...it's my butt on the track not theirs.

That said, I dropped 5 seconds off my sickly lap times (my definition of going backwards) from the previous TWS races and had more confidence in my bike than I had all season. It was truly fun, not wondering what would surprise me with a bit more lean angle or a handfull of brake in the wrong place. I was even able to work on my technique and focus my attention where it needed to be. I felt safe and confident..even with the front end pushing a bit..which was my fault for choosing and installing the wrong spring for my style of riding. (Fat boys don't run soft springs)

Personally, I will continue to use Marcus and the not so seen "other guy" (Pete?) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif to help me with my bike set up and other issues. This is an on going process, different tracks, changes in rider speed and ability, upgrades to suspension and the search for a better handling motorcycle. It's an endless pursuit. If you truly want to improve this is tht place to start.

Yes........I paid for my services, and I had to wipe all the drool off my bike from all the guys feeling up my suspension while my bike sat in the No Homeless pit. I've been a Traxxion customer/addict for a couple of years now and it's nice to have the trackside services of a suspension expert available.

One other item I must mention, Marcus, can help in areas other than suspension, (gearing, mechanical, track knowledge etc.) He sure helped me with turn 1.

I hope these guys continue this next season, I may get fast, iffin' I don't skeer myself first. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

E. Templet
09-23-2002, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Marcus McBain:
Thanks Paige. I had a lot of fun this weekend helping out everyone. Our 20.00 "Axxion suspension tune-up" was a great success and the smiles that were on many faces from a motorcycle that handled much better for the racers was very rewarding. I think we even made Gene a believer /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Yep, I've been chasing my suspension around all season from one end of the spectum to the other. I was a bit reluctant to let Marcus play with something that I was finally able to ride with, some degree of confidence. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif However, Marcus' natural charm, sincerity, and BS (j/k) virtually won me over and I gave him my newly Raceworx rebuilt engine and shiny red bike to do with as he wished. Hey, I'm not easy, "nobody" touches my stuff unless I truly believe in them...it's my butt on the track not theirs.

That said, I dropped 5 seconds off my sickly lap times (my definition of going backwards) from the previous TWS races and had more confidence in my bike than I had all season. It was truly fun, not wondering what would surprise me with a bit more lean angle or a handfull of brake in the wrong place. I was even able to work on my technique and focus my attention where it needed to be. I felt safe and confident..even with the front end pushing a bit..which was my fault for choosing and installing the wrong spring for my style of riding. (Fat boys don't run soft springs)

Personally, I will continue to use Marcus and the not so seen "other guy" (Pete?) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif to help me with my bike set up and other issues. This is an on going process, different tracks, changes in rider speed and ability, upgrades to suspension and the search for a better handling motorcycle. It's an endless pursuit. If you truly want to improve this is tht place to start.

Yes........I paid for my services, and I had to wipe all the drool off my bike from all the guys feeling up my suspension while my bike sat in the No Homeless pit. I've been a Traxxion customer/addict for a couple of years now and it's nice to have the trackside services of a suspension expert available.

One other item I must mention, Marcus, can help in areas other than suspension, (gearing, mechanical, track knowledge etc.) He sure helped me with turn 1.

I hope these guys continue this next season, I may get fast, iffin' I don't skeer myself first. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

marcus mcbain
09-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the words Gene. Actually, I paid everyone in the No Homeless pit big $$$ to make you think it felt good no matter what /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

No, I am just glad to see you are riding the R6 like the old F3.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
09-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the words Gene. Actually, I paid everyone in the No Homeless pit big $$$ to make you think it felt good no matter what /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Marcus

E. Templet
09-24-2002, 12:58 AM

Marcus</div></div>Better yet, riding the R6 like I rode the R6 last year and a bit faster than the old F3 but not buy much. I did manage a 1:55 in my second race chasing the Prov. Am. around for a bit. I still can't believe it! In a dog fight with a Prov. Am. running 1:55s at TWS. Where do these guys come from?! Maybe he'll be the next Colin Edwards and I won't feel so bad. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just kidding but, man! this CMRA club is TOUGH!!

It sure was nice not havng to work so hard for the lap times I was running. As long as you guys are at the track, I feel like I now have the tools to "SAFELY" move to the next level, which is something I was looking for. At present, I just don't have the knowledge or experience to do it by myself. Thanks for being there.

E. Templet
09-24-2002, 12:58 AM

Marcus</div></div>Better yet, riding the R6 like I rode the R6 last year and a bit faster than the old F3 but not buy much. I did manage a 1:55 in my second race chasing the Prov. Am. around for a bit. I still can't believe it! In a dog fight with a Prov. Am. running 1:55s at TWS. Where do these guys come from?! Maybe he'll be the next Colin Edwards and I won't feel so bad. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just kidding but, man! this CMRA club is TOUGH!!

It sure was nice not havng to work so hard for the lap times I was running. As long as you guys are at the track, I feel like I now have the tools to "SAFELY" move to the next level, which is something I was looking for. At present, I just don't have the knowledge or experience to do it by myself. Thanks for being there.