PDA

View Full Version : TWS Ramblings

Linz Leard
09-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Here's a random list of kudos, thank yous, and general commentary from experience at TWS on Sunday - the first sprint race I've attended all year long, thanks to that Saturday endurance thing I normally do. This is in no particular order:

* CMRA staff and officials - Another excellent job as usual! One would think by now that the effort the CMRA puts into organizing a race effort would be implicit and go without saying, but it doesn't - and it shouldn't! My helmet is off to you guys!

*Brooks Gremmels: It is finally good to meet you in person! We have been pitted next to each other plenty of times and conversed on the 'net before, but we finally meet and chat in the flesh. A true pleasure to finally meet you! Indeed I will take you up on your offer for Cresson and see you there! Track time and bench racing ought to be a blast!

*Barry and Claire McMahan: Thanks for the CMRA goodies! The NASA S&TH Day is shaping up to be very good this year! MacMan - I'll tag up with you soon. If not before Cresson, I'll see you there!

*Nick Marcuccio: Thanks for letting me flog the RS again. No, it wasn't running very well, but I still had fun on it. One day we'll get it right and it'll have power and handling at the same time. Of course, if this were to ever happen, I might poop my leathers in amazement!

*Dustin Dominguez: Ooh! That was some fun for a while, eh? Good riding, my boy! If I hadn't of botched the start, things might have been different, but that's racing! After that I tried to wait and force you into a making a mistake but I ended up making one myself. Shall we meet again at Cresson?

*Eric Kelcher: Thanks again for bringing the rubber hoops down with you! I still owe you a sixer. Just tell me what you prefer and I'll bring it to Cresson and you, Chuckster and myself will have a dash for cash racing "Open Cooler Expert." Smart money is on Chuckster...

*Mark and Ryan Andrews: It's always good to hang with you guys in the pits, even if I can't on the track. Oh, and by the way, I am bringing a 50 pound tub of Redi-Mix to attach to your bike next time. I'm old, I'm fat, give me a half of a chance, would ya?!

*Here''s an item for the "seen and heard around the paddock" feature: In the Centrifugal Force pits: "Nick: Perhaps we should change from a 41 to a 40 rear sprocket?" Linz: "Why? The bike is so slow today it couldn't pull my finger if I asked it to." I also have one that I heard while talking to Mark Andrews about Ryan, but I won't bring it up for fear that he will kick my butt!

Linz Leard
09-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Here's a random list of kudos, thank yous, and general commentary from experience at TWS on Sunday - the first sprint race I've attended all year long, thanks to that Saturday endurance thing I normally do. This is in no particular order:

* CMRA staff and officials - Another excellent job as usual! One would think by now that the effort the CMRA puts into organizing a race effort would be implicit and go without saying, but it doesn't - and it shouldn't! My helmet is off to you guys!

*Brooks Gremmels: It is finally good to meet you in person! We have been pitted next to each other plenty of times and conversed on the 'net before, but we finally meet and chat in the flesh. A true pleasure to finally meet you! Indeed I will take you up on your offer for Cresson and see you there! Track time and bench racing ought to be a blast!

*Barry and Claire McMahan: Thanks for the CMRA goodies! The NASA S&TH Day is shaping up to be very good this year! MacMan - I'll tag up with you soon. If not before Cresson, I'll see you there!

*Nick Marcuccio: Thanks for letting me flog the RS again. No, it wasn't running very well, but I still had fun on it. One day we'll get it right and it'll have power and handling at the same time. Of course, if this were to ever happen, I might poop my leathers in amazement!

*Dustin Dominguez: Ooh! That was some fun for a while, eh? Good riding, my boy! If I hadn't of botched the start, things might have been different, but that's racing! After that I tried to wait and force you into a making a mistake but I ended up making one myself. Shall we meet again at Cresson?

*Eric Kelcher: Thanks again for bringing the rubber hoops down with you! I still owe you a sixer. Just tell me what you prefer and I'll bring it to Cresson and you, Chuckster and myself will have a dash for cash racing "Open Cooler Expert." Smart money is on Chuckster...

*Mark and Ryan Andrews: It's always good to hang with you guys in the pits, even if I can't on the track. Oh, and by the way, I am bringing a 50 pound tub of Redi-Mix to attach to your bike next time. I'm old, I'm fat, give me a half of a chance, would ya?!

*Here''s an item for the "seen and heard around the paddock" feature: In the Centrifugal Force pits: "Nick: Perhaps we should change from a 41 to a 40 rear sprocket?" Linz: "Why? The bike is so slow today it couldn't pull my finger if I asked it to." I also have one that I heard while talking to Mark Andrews about Ryan, but I won't bring it up for fear that he will kick my butt!

Jack Giesecke
09-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Dang, dude, you mean you let that kid beat you? :rolleyes: Oh, wait a minute, he beat me too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Jack Giesecke
09-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Dang, dude, you mean you let that kid beat you? :rolleyes: Oh, wait a minute, he beat me too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif