PDA

View Full Version : Big Bike Endurance riders needed...

2SlowButTryin
12-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I am pretty new to CMRA but I would like to put together an endurance team for 06. We will be running a 01 R6, probly in SSC, maybe SSB. Open for discussion with the team. The bike has had a full front suspension rebuild by Motorcycles Unlimited, penske triple rear, plus alot of extras. More details for those intrested. Anyone intrested email me for details. Honestly, I am looking for 3-4 experienced, pretty fast riders. I would like each member to be commited to the season and if there is a schedule problem know well in advance so we can find a substitute.
Email me @ Jazzz1000@aol.com for more details... thanx!

jamesl73
12-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I sent you a message. Our team is still looking for another primary rider.

2SlowButTryin
12-30-2005, 06:40 PM
:rolleyes: Just some more info, I'm turning 1:24-5's at MSR. Bike is setup for a 185lbs rider... Again, I have pretty much spare everything should the worst happen. I know we don't endurance but I'll post my OHR times when I get some. I did an endurance at TWS and ran 1:58's at what I considered a very "comfortable" pace. It was the first time I ever ran TWS so I didn't want to go stupid. At 115-160 mph you learn to respect physics..... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

jroberts5407
12-31-2005, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was the first time I ever ran TWS so I didn't want to go stupid. </div></div>Fast TWS lap times IMO are all about Turn 1-2 and your tolerance for extreme fear. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I think I am going to die every time I dive in there at race pace (1:57-2:00 on an SV) but then everything turns out OK.

2SlowButTryin
12-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Actually I am pretty comfortable in Turns 1 & 2. They are my favorite passing areas. Everyone is afraid of 1 so they scrub speed way too soon. SO I break late and pass on the outside going in and the inside coming out. What I am NOT comfortable with is the gravity bowl. Turn 6 I think. Something about a crazy fast uphill blind bothers me. I also didn't find the right lines through the chicane till the last half the race and I was tired and not pushing it as hard. My times never dropped off so I just found better lines. I think I could turn 1:56-57's pretty easy now. I also never got confidence in that fast left hander just before the chicane. I'm lookin' forward to going back.

mklepper
01-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Speaking of turn 1, has anyone found a left kneecap, I crashed the last race of the year and left most of mine on turn 1. 3 months later I am facing my second surgery. Probably wise to give it plenty of respect.

Darryl Warren
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Wow! I was wondering what happened. I didn't see you on Sunday.

I hope you have a full recovery.

Gabe Sanchez
01-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Klepper, what kind of leathers? I'm always trying to learn what could have gone better in a fall. I lost the front there many years ago and thank GOD I had Vansons on. Somebody broke into my trailer the other day and stole them. They are red,yellow,black and say isle of man team USA on the back. They also have an American flag on each arm. I don't think I will ever see them again but you never know.

Good luck with that kneecap Klepper

Thanks Gabe

mklepper
01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
cheap Fieldsheers but it wasn"t the leather's fault. It ground right thru the stretchy part just above the knee pad (same wound have happened with my $1200 Dianese) and into the medial knee cap and muscles. The bone is infected and will need to be cleaned up. It will be good to go by mid Feb.

2SlowButTryin
01-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Not that I don't like catchin' up with folks but I'd like to redirect the thread back to its original direction. Endurance riders needed. If you can beat 1:58 TWS, 1:27 MSR, 1:29 Hallet, then your perfect. If you are close to these email me anyways. I just need to find out if there is intrest in another 600 team. If not then I need to find another team needing a rider.
Jazzz1000@aol.com

jroberts5407
01-05-2006, 02:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Russel Green # 734:
Actually I am pretty comfortable in Turns 1 & 2. They are my favorite passing areas. Everyone is afraid of 1 so they scrub speed way too soon. SO I break late and pass on the outside going in and the inside coming out. What I am NOT comfortable with is the gravity bowl. Turn 6 I think. Something about a crazy fast uphill blind bothers me. I also didn't find the right lines through the chicane till the last half the race and I was tired and not pushing it as hard. My times never dropped off so I just found better lines. I think I could turn 1:56-57's pretty easy now. I also never got confidence in that fast left hander just before the chicane. I'm lookin' forward to going back. </div></div>OK cool. I used to be one of the early scrubbers. Then I watched a sprint race up in the covered stands at teh end near turn one. When I saw how late the fast guys hit the brakes (if at all) and how fast they went through there, it was an epiphany. I went back out and immediately dropped five seconds in one session just in turn 1-2.

I think the turn of which you speak is turn seven. That is actually one of my favorite turns at the track. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Another good passing spot, plus the feeling of g-loading is cool.

OK anyway I'll surrender and stop hijacking the thread. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

2SlowButTryin
01-09-2006, 10:00 AM
bump..

2SlowButTryin
01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Hmmmm... apparently no one wants to endurance on a 600.... I've got a few people that are intrested but if you think you even might want to do this then start speaking up. I want to have my team picked out by the end of January.

mklepper
01-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Russell I am very interested in endurance racing on a 600. This will be my 2nd yr roadracing but I picked it up pretty well and got alot of track time racing a Mille, crf 450 motard and both a 250 and 125 factory aprilia during the season. I raced all of the tracks and plan to sprint the motard, 125 and to some extent the Mille. I will miss 2 or 3 races in the season as I am getting married june 10 but am good to go otherwise. check my times in the results of the year and my feelings wont me hurt if you find your riders. email or call 512 560 9453 or mklepper1@austin.rr.com

LAddington
01-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I am interested. Only 20 years old but im confident enough that i can do some good...some good. I only raced 1 race last season which was my first season(race) but i have been to a lot of track days and what not. If you are interested my email is laddington157@hotmail.com and my cell is 214-223-0640. If not its cool

2SlowButTryin
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
One problem Lance... NO YELLOW SHIRTS IN ENDURANCE!!! PM me with your background... What do you ride? What have your times been? Crash history? Details man Details.... the "I'm 20 and I think I'm fast" doesn't do much!! Lol...

Rule #1 of Left Minded Racing.

Have a sense of humor... you will need it.

hentdog
01-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I would like to run on a team. Wasnít sure if Iíd make the cut. I started racing in 05 and ran two race weekends (#424). First race at MSR 1:36 (scared sh!?less) and two at TWS (2:03 & 2:01) on a 97 gsxr 600 stock(jet kit). Ran a track day at MSR and clocked a 1:28 one lap. Iíve been on three of the four tracks. Havenít seen Hallett. Iím very competitive and learn pretty fast. Can take constructive criticism and Iím a team player. Love to have fun and ride hard. 254) 466-8460 hentdog5x@yahoo.com

hentdog
01-23-2006, 09:38 AM
thanks for the fax

Ronnie Hay
01-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey Russell,

I'll vouch for Lonnie. He's a cool cat with and almost damn cool name. :p
--
Ronnie

Blaine Johnson
01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey Russell,

I PM'd you..

mklepper
02-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Russell I saw you were at Oak Hill but didn't get around to tracking you down. ?Still planning to endurance the R6? I am still interested. 512 560 9453

2SlowButTryin
02-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes I am still planning on endurancing. Things have been chaotic in my world and I've lost alot of the contact #'s that I had collected. I was kinda hopeing we'd have a good warm weekend and I could look at the times to see how things stack up but that would not be fair to look at these laptimes!!! SO! N E ONE intrested in endurance should shoot me a PM with your info, phone #, any lap times you feel looks good, and if you are ready to commit to the whole year of racing. If you have to miss a weekend that's ok but I have to know NOW!. Thanx!
Try to keep everything in a PM, I can't loose that or forget it!

2SlowButTryin
02-25-2006, 11:17 AM
bump...

2SlowButTryin
03-01-2006, 07:44 PM
It's intresting, alot of people have come to with intrest about being dedicated to a race team but when I respond to thier intrest I never hear from them again! Is this supposed to inspire me? I have to pick 3-4 guys to stay with me all year so I want people I can depend on. If you have shown intrest in me KEEP PMing! I already posted I lost some info... Be sure and include your experience, lap times, and crash record... AND A PHONE #... LOL... thanx!

mklepper
03-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Russell you have a message.

2SlowButTryin
03-12-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm gonna be lookin' at all the emails and PM's I've gotten over the last 2 months. It was my mistake to start recruit that early. But we're in the final stretch and I"m ready to get some commitment out of people. I should have emails sent out in the next 2-3 days. I appreciate all your intrest. If you haven't emailed me yet but are intrested it's your last chance. I'll need to hear from you soon!

2SlowButTryin
03-18-2006, 06:54 PM
I've got one more spot open!!! Who's intrested?
Mark, Lance... you still intrested??