PDA

View Full Version : Numbers on Helmet

R Eads
03-31-2003, 01:22 PM
How will this effect riders in the enduracne series. The reason I ask, my number is 93 and my team number is 93, but if I were to ride for a different team I would be on a bike with a different number, will we need to change the numbers on our helmet to match what ever bike we may be on at the time.

I had my number on my old helmet from last year, I have since bought a new one and will get some numbers for it. I also, have all of my medical information (blood type, allergies, etc) on a stick on label on the back of my helmet, just something to consider.

Thanks for any info,
Richard Eads #93

Brooks Gremmels
03-31-2003, 02:23 PM
We don't need a number to see it's an Eads!
Ypour name and the other info you list would be great to have posted on a helmet. I will do the same thing.
Brooks

R Eads
03-31-2003, 02:46 PM
Thanks for that information there Brooks. I will pass that on to Jim.

Since you seen it was a Eads that made the post, it must have derailed your train of thought. Will we have to have a extra set of numbers to reflect what ever number is on the bike, that we could be demonstrating the proper race line on.

Thanks,
Richard Eads

Chuck Ergle
03-31-2003, 10:06 PM
The rule is "your racing number". This would be the number assigned to you by CCS, which would be associated with your name, information, and emergency contact(s). I am a fan of having all pertinent information (name, blood type, allergies, deficiencies (mainly mental for racers), etc.), on a DYMO strip or similar on your helmet and maybe in a card on/in your leathers. Couldn't hurt...

R Eads
04-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the information Chuck. I agree with you that having your critical info displayed on your helmet is a good idea. It could come in handy for street riding use as well.

oh, I got my numbers on my new helmet now as well.

Thanks again,
Richard Eads