PDA

View Full Version : Supersport mod question

Eric Heddles
06-17-2003, 09:42 AM
On the SV650, the standard models didn't come with adjustable fork caps to help set spring preload. The rulebook says that the forks must be stock. Can I use ones off of a SV650S model since they were stock? Would aftermarket adjusters be OK? If you use 1mm over pistons for a rebuild, is it legal to run an aftermarket piston that has been milled down to provide a stock compresssion ratio? And finally, is the subframe considered the frame? I'd like to swap it out with the rear bodywork but wanted to be sure that was legal. Thanks.

Eric Kelcher
06-18-2003, 02:06 PM
I can answer a couple of the questions.

Fork caps can be modified or replaced to allow external pre-load adjustment.

Modified pistons Oh don't know that. Can you order the correct pistons from J&E? They do do special orders

Subframes are not restricted aftermarket or modified Stock are allowed

I hope this answers a couple of your questions just from someone that has been doing this for a while and seen a bunch of the legal (and illegal /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ) mods people have done here and across the country.

Eric Heddles
06-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Thanks, Eric. After pricing a few things, the stock 0.5mm and 1mm over Suzuki pistons are about $70 a pop so they're much more affordable if the engine needs a rebuild.

CYCLE 1
07-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Eric, I am looking forward to your return
the sv is definetely the way to go!
See you soon.