PDA

View Full Version : Radio promotions for the CMRA events...

Nick Chapman
11-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Brooks, I know I had mention this about 6 months ago to you. But, you never got back with me about it. So I am posting this for the BOD to consider.

My sponsor(Synergyn Racing Oil), has a weekly radio show on AM820 WBAP.
This show is an automotive based show. It is on every Sunday from 4pm-5pm. It covers all points of cars,trucks,motorcycles, etc... He also promotes races in the Texas area. He promotes the Oreily nationals, Nascar races, Indy car races. Why not the CMRA also?

For those of you that are not familiar with WBAP's radio station, it has one of the strongest signals in all of Texas. They are based out of Arlington,Tx and the signal reaches from Oklahoma City all the way down to Houston. So that would also cover all of the tracks that the CMRA use.

My sponsor has agreed to promote the CMRA races. We have talked about promoting them up to two weeks before the event. Which would provide a good amount of advertisement for the CMRA.

I have worked out a way that this would not cost the CMRA one penny! Pretty much free radio advertisement. We could invite someone that would represent the CMRA to be a guest host on the show, maybe Brooks, or a couple of racers, or ???. Or, we could put together something that you would want broadcasted over the radio, and have him read it. There are a lot of options.

If anyone from the BOD would like to contact me about what I have worked out so it would not cost the club any money. Please contact me at nick@n737nc.com
I would rather not discuss that information on here.

Thanks,
Nick Chapman

Nick Chapman
11-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Brooks, I know I had mention this about 6 months ago to you. But, you never got back with me about it. So I am posting this for the BOD to consider.

My sponsor(Synergyn Racing Oil), has a weekly radio show on AM820 WBAP.
This show is an automotive based show. It is on every Sunday from 4pm-5pm. It covers all points of cars,trucks,motorcycles, etc... He also promotes races in the Texas area. He promotes the Oreily nationals, Nascar races, Indy car races. Why not the CMRA also?

For those of you that are not familiar with WBAP's radio station, it has one of the strongest signals in all of Texas. They are based out of Arlington,Tx and the signal reaches from Oklahoma City all the way down to Houston. So that would also cover all of the tracks that the CMRA use.

My sponsor has agreed to promote the CMRA races. We have talked about promoting them up to two weeks before the event. Which would provide a good amount of advertisement for the CMRA.

I have worked out a way that this would not cost the CMRA one penny! Pretty much free radio advertisement. We could invite someone that would represent the CMRA to be a guest host on the show, maybe Brooks, or a couple of racers, or ???. Or, we could put together something that you would want broadcasted over the radio, and have him read it. There are a lot of options.

If anyone from the BOD would like to contact me about what I have worked out so it would not cost the club any money. Please contact me at nick@n737nc.com
I would rather not discuss that information on here.

Thanks,
Nick Chapman