PDA

View Full Version : Price difference for RRC

twg
12-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Just curious as to why there is a $10.00 difference in entry fees for the RRC for novice and expert? I know I don't have more money now just because I am an expert.

If it is for paying purses, then I would ask why aren't the prices different for the sprint races? I doubt it is because the experts will get to run more laps even though those that lap me will run more laps than I. I'm sure there is an explanation and I am curious.

Thanks,

twg

twg
12-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Just curious as to why there is a $10.00 difference in entry fees for the RRC for novice and expert? I know I don't have more money now just because I am an expert.

If it is for paying purses, then I would ask why aren't the prices different for the sprint races? I doubt it is because the experts will get to run more laps even though those that lap me will run more laps than I. I'm sure there is an explanation and I am curious.

Thanks,

twg

Bryan Norton
12-23-2003, 04:01 PM
(I am not on the BoD any more, but was around for this decision)

We felt since we were offering $1500 cash for the experts, and no cash incentive for the amatuers, that we would give them a small break.

We also wanted to make sure the purse was large enough to help offset the Experts tire fees, as this will be tough on tires especially at Oak Hill.

You are correct we don't do this for the sprints, but this race is 50 miles versus 16-18 for an average spring race.

How many things have gone down in price, or stayed the same for two years? It looks like so far the BoD will keep prices at the same levels as 2003 (which was the same as 2002 except the post-registration charge).

Also remember even though the entry fee is the same amount, the race is longer than the GT races, so it's really a great deal!

Bryan Norton
12-23-2003, 04:01 PM
(I am not on the BoD any more, but was around for this decision)

We felt since we were offering $1500 cash for the experts, and no cash incentive for the amatuers, that we would give them a small break.

We also wanted to make sure the purse was large enough to help offset the Experts tire fees, as this will be tough on tires especially at Oak Hill.

You are correct we don't do this for the sprints, but this race is 50 miles versus 16-18 for an average spring race.

How many things have gone down in price, or stayed the same for two years? It looks like so far the BoD will keep prices at the same levels as 2003 (which was the same as 2002 except the post-registration charge).

Also remember even though the entry fee is the same amount, the race is longer than the GT races, so it's really a great deal!