PDA

View Full Version : Grids for first event?

darick
12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:
Pre-entry packets will be in the mail to everyone tomorrow (Friday the 19th) afternoon.

Grids for the first race of the year will be set by order of registration. [/QUOTE]

I was reading the WERA board and saw a question regarding the grids for the first race event. They are set by the points accumulated from the previous season for that particular class. I find this much more fair way of doing it. I and others worked hard for the points we got last year and it seems reasonable to be placed according to my other fellow amateurs in this way and not who can get the pre-registration form to Nancy the quickest. Its a little aggravating knowing that my points mean nothing if I don't finish top 3. And I bet there are quite a few us (after the holidays) who have full pockets :rolleyes: to pay for pre-entry.

Thanks for listening /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

darick
12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:
Pre-entry packets will be in the mail to everyone tomorrow (Friday the 19th) afternoon.

Grids for the first race of the year will be set by order of registration. [/QUOTE]

I was reading the WERA board and saw a question regarding the grids for the first race event. They are set by the points accumulated from the previous season for that particular class. I find this much more fair way of doing it. I and others worked hard for the points we got last year and it seems reasonable to be placed according to my other fellow amateurs in this way and not who can get the pre-registration form to Nancy the quickest. Its a little aggravating knowing that my points mean nothing if I don't finish top 3. And I bet there are quite a few us (after the holidays) who have full pockets :rolleyes: to pay for pre-entry.

Thanks for listening /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Steve McNamara
01-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Well Darick,
It's only one race weekend that is done this way. The rest of the season is based on points accumulated. This could be a good topic for our next BOD meeting. Thanks for your input.

Steve McNamara
01-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Well Darick,
It's only one race weekend that is done this way. The rest of the season is based on points accumulated. This could be a good topic for our next BOD meeting. Thanks for your input.

darick
01-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Steve,

I realized it was only the first weekend because no one has points.

We have the best run organization in the country and I trust that the BOD will make the right decision /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks for considering it for mention.

darick
01-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Steve,

I realized it was only the first weekend because no one has points.

We have the best run organization in the country and I trust that the BOD will make the right decision /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks for considering it for mention.

SMILEYMAN
01-08-2004, 12:23 PM
New year means fresh start! No points, no deficeit to overcome. Are you an amatuer Darick? What do you ride? Depending on the mail/fax we may end up gridded beside each other for the first weekend...After that it is every man for himself. I found out before that by the 3rd round the serious title contenders have distanced themselves. Although from the back you get some good practice passing folks! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
The only real fair way is to have everyone qualify, but there is no time for that and it is not as sporting...Smiley

SMILEYMAN
01-08-2004, 12:23 PM
New year means fresh start! No points, no deficeit to overcome. Are you an amatuer Darick? What do you ride? Depending on the mail/fax we may end up gridded beside each other for the first weekend...After that it is every man for himself. I found out before that by the 3rd round the serious title contenders have distanced themselves. Although from the back you get some good practice passing folks! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
The only real fair way is to have everyone qualify, but there is no time for that and it is not as sporting...Smiley

darick
01-08-2004, 12:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by CHRIS SMILEY:
The only real fair way is to have everyone qualify, but there is no time for that and it is not as sporting...Smiley </div></div>Yep, I'm an novice riding a 00' GSXR750. I think a fresh start is cool but putting a yellow shirt amatuer on the first row of the grid just because he got his $$ to pre-enter before I did is not in the spirit of the club. Hypothetical.....If I were say...Sanchez and knowing I have some serious competition, would I want a first year expert to be in front of me just because I didn't have the cash right then to pre-enter for the event. I wouldn't be happy with that considering I just won the championship last year. So, in all fairness, gridding the first event (for all returning) by previous year finishing positions is fair and equitable.

Opinions..Opinions....we all have a right to 'em /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

darick
01-08-2004, 12:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by CHRIS SMILEY:
The only real fair way is to have everyone qualify, but there is no time for that and it is not as sporting...Smiley </div></div>Yep, I'm an novice riding a 00' GSXR750. I think a fresh start is cool but putting a yellow shirt amatuer on the first row of the grid just because he got his $$ to pre-enter before I did is not in the spirit of the club. Hypothetical.....If I were say...Sanchez and knowing I have some serious competition, would I want a first year expert to be in front of me just because I didn't have the cash right then to pre-enter for the event. I wouldn't be happy with that considering I just won the championship last year. So, in all fairness, gridding the first event (for all returning) by previous year finishing positions is fair and equitable.

Opinions..Opinions....we all have a right to 'em /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Walter Walker
01-08-2004, 07:38 PM
FYI--I will not allow "PROVISIONAL NOVICES" to be gridded in the first wave, much less on the front row the first weekend regardless of when he/she pre-entered.

Walter Walker
01-08-2004, 07:38 PM
FYI--I will not allow "PROVISIONAL NOVICES" to be gridded in the first wave, much less on the front row the first weekend regardless of when he/she pre-entered.

SMILEYMAN
01-09-2004, 09:27 AM
And Prov Nov's evrywhere breath a giant sigh of relief! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

SMILEYMAN
01-09-2004, 09:27 AM
And Prov Nov's evrywhere breath a giant sigh of relief! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Christopher Corder
01-09-2004, 10:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI--I will not allow "PROVISIONAL NOVICES" to be gridded in the first wave, much less on the front row the first weekend regardless of when he/she pre-entered.
</div></div>Thank god. I have not slept in weeks being worried about being put at the front. Now all I have to worry about is how quickly I go from Prov Nov to rolling chicane. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Christopher Corder
01-09-2004, 10:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI--I will not allow "PROVISIONAL NOVICES" to be gridded in the first wave, much less on the front row the first weekend regardless of when he/she pre-entered.
</div></div>Thank god. I have not slept in weeks being worried about being put at the front. Now all I have to worry about is how quickly I go from Prov Nov to rolling chicane. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

darick
01-09-2004, 12:29 PM
you guys crack me up he he he /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

darick
01-09-2004, 12:29 PM
you guys crack me up he he he /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Mike Wright
01-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Don't laugh too hard or too early. Every year several races are won by yellow shirts....starting from the back!

Those yellow shirts don't slow you down at all!

Mike Wright
01-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Don't laugh too hard or too early. Every year several races are won by yellow shirts....starting from the back!

Those yellow shirts don't slow you down at all!

darick
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
oh I know Mike...and I wasn't laughing at their capability to ride a bike fast (maybe faster than me :rolleyes: ) but their sense of humor about being a prov nov on the first weekend.

A sense of humor is good thing to have when your nervous as a pro nov. ohhhh, I remember that last year. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Not to scare 'em or nothing but I was sitting on the grid at Oak Hill (2nd wave) waiting for the green flag. Here we go.... release the clutch, feed in the throttle and the guy directly front right of me flips over backwards into the guy next to him /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Then, after the restart, I get about 3 laps and I see someone go off in turn 1 at high speed with the bike and rider tumbling. My thoughts??? Slow down and get through this race because everything didn't go so well to start off with /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

darick
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
oh I know Mike...and I wasn't laughing at their capability to ride a bike fast (maybe faster than me :rolleyes: ) but their sense of humor about being a prov nov on the first weekend.

A sense of humor is good thing to have when your nervous as a pro nov. ohhhh, I remember that last year. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Not to scare 'em or nothing but I was sitting on the grid at Oak Hill (2nd wave) waiting for the green flag. Here we go.... release the clutch, feed in the throttle and the guy directly front right of me flips over backwards into the guy next to him /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Then, after the restart, I get about 3 laps and I see someone go off in turn 1 at high speed with the bike and rider tumbling. My thoughts??? Slow down and get through this race because everything didn't go so well to start off with /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

JesseJohnson
01-11-2004, 09:17 PM
We discussed this briefly this weekend and made no changes. We are going to grid based on entry date like we always have. This item should be brought up again at the end of the year when the rules are amended again.

Those of you worried about being the on the front row or wave, inform the grid personel that you wish to start from the back row.

Jess

JesseJohnson
01-11-2004, 09:17 PM
We discussed this briefly this weekend and made no changes. We are going to grid based on entry date like we always have. This item should be brought up again at the end of the year when the rules are amended again.

Those of you worried about being the on the front row or wave, inform the grid personel that you wish to start from the back row.

Jess

Christopher Corder
01-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Jess, clarify please:

You WILL be putting us Prov Novs on the back row regardless of entry date, right?

Christopher Corder
01-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Jess, clarify please:

You WILL be putting us Prov Novs on the back row regardless of entry date, right?

Steve Breen
01-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Chris, you can always just go to the back of the grid regardless of your posted grid position. Just let the grid marshall know your intention to help reduce confusion and save time when they are getting everyone gridded.

Sall good.

Steve Breen
01-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Chris, you can always just go to the back of the grid regardless of your posted grid position. Just let the grid marshall know your intention to help reduce confusion and save time when they are getting everyone gridded.

Sall good.

Christopher Corder
01-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks Steve. I would rather start at the back and find out that I am faster than other Prov Novs than start closer to the front and find out that I am much slower than the others. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Christopher Corder
01-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks Steve. I would rather start at the back and find out that I am faster than other Prov Novs than start closer to the front and find out that I am much slower than the others. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif