PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Races Question...

Craig Montgomery
02-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm really not trying to stir anything up here but I'm anticipating a problem with running the C superstock sprint race in the morning on Sunday. It all comes down to prep time. Last year I sprinted a 600 and an SV and that barely gave me enough time get both bikes ready (new tires, fuel, crash damage after practice etc). With the new schedule running both races in the morning there is no way I'll be able to sprint both bikes this year. Unfortunately, like most riders, I don't have any help and it takes a good amount of time to get the bikes race ready after practice. In addition, the C superstock (Shogun Shootout) has typically been the most competitive and exciting race for the fans. Most of them don't arrive at the track until after lunch. Can the board please discuss the possibility of moving this race to post lunch?

Craig Montgomery
02-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm really not trying to stir anything up here but I'm anticipating a problem with running the C superstock sprint race in the morning on Sunday. It all comes down to prep time. Last year I sprinted a 600 and an SV and that barely gave me enough time get both bikes ready (new tires, fuel, crash damage after practice etc). With the new schedule running both races in the morning there is no way I'll be able to sprint both bikes this year. Unfortunately, like most riders, I don't have any help and it takes a good amount of time to get the bikes race ready after practice. In addition, the C superstock (Shogun Shootout) has typically been the most competitive and exciting race for the fans. Most of them don't arrive at the track until after lunch. Can the board please discuss the possibility of moving this race to post lunch?

John Orchard
02-12-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm definitely in favor of moving the C Superstock race to just AFTER lunch if there is any way possible.

The time between end of practice and the first race has always been pretty valuable in getting everything prepped - tire vendors in particular are usually swamped do well to get your tires to ya during lunch.

Thanks for the consideration as always!

John Orchard
02-12-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm definitely in favor of moving the C Superstock race to just AFTER lunch if there is any way possible.

The time between end of practice and the first race has always been pretty valuable in getting everything prepped - tire vendors in particular are usually swamped do well to get your tires to ya during lunch.

Thanks for the consideration as always!

Ty Howard
02-12-2004, 11:36 AM
I would have to agree with them on this. I personally can't afford to have two sets of wheels and I have to have my tires changed after practice. Then with it being so cold I would like to use my warmers for at least 45 minutes. Being us experts are last practice its going to be impossible to make this happen. Plus I feel like this is the most exciting race for the spectators and most of them don't get there until lunch. Please consider running this race immediately after lunch. The way it has been in the past. Thank you!

Ty Howard
02-12-2004, 11:36 AM
I would have to agree with them on this. I personally can't afford to have two sets of wheels and I have to have my tires changed after practice. Then with it being so cold I would like to use my warmers for at least 45 minutes. Being us experts are last practice its going to be impossible to make this happen. Plus I feel like this is the most exciting race for the spectators and most of them don't get there until lunch. Please consider running this race immediately after lunch. The way it has been in the past. Thank you!

Walter Walker
02-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Guys, this basic schedule has been posted on the M-Board and then the schedule page since the banquet. It's a little late to start complaining now. Compare this schedule to last years and you will see that C SS EX will start at about the same time it did last year. You have TWO HOURS between the last EX practice and C SS EX race to get ready!! This Schedule will most liky flip every other race anyway. If any more changes are made to the schedule they will be made on race day anyway

Walter Walker
02-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Guys, this basic schedule has been posted on the M-Board and then the schedule page since the banquet. It's a little late to start complaining now. Compare this schedule to last years and you will see that C SS EX will start at about the same time it did last year. You have TWO HOURS between the last EX practice and C SS EX race to get ready!! This Schedule will most liky flip every other race anyway. If any more changes are made to the schedule they will be made on race day anyway