PDA

View Full Version : Idea to raise a little money

twg
03-02-2004, 08:43 PM
I am always asked about racing by people who come into my office and see the couple pictures I have there. That led me to think, we do that in Arkansas every "now n gin", about a calendar.

Anyway, with the quality of photos taken by Shan could we pursue having calendars published and sell them for a bit over cost. That would pay for publishing and the profit could be used for transponders or air fence or whatever.

I'd buy one. Something makes me believe most members would buy one.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Thanks,

twg

twg
03-02-2004, 08:43 PM
I am always asked about racing by people who come into my office and see the couple pictures I have there. That led me to think, we do that in Arkansas every "now n gin", about a calendar.

Anyway, with the quality of photos taken by Shan could we pursue having calendars published and sell them for a bit over cost. That would pay for publishing and the profit could be used for transponders or air fence or whatever.

I'd buy one. Something makes me believe most members would buy one.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Thanks,

twg

anthony c smith
03-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I spend $$$$ every year for 3 moto gp and WSB calenders. It seems that every time someone new comes into the shop they always ask if it is me on the calender??? It has become sort of a big joke around here as half the neighborhood kids think I am Max Biaggi.
I would definetly buy a couple if they were made. Heck I could pretend to be Sanchez or Haner this way. LOL. Good idea Tom.

anthony c smith
03-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I spend $$$$ every year for 3 moto gp and WSB calenders. It seems that every time someone new comes into the shop they always ask if it is me on the calender??? It has become sort of a big joke around here as half the neighborhood kids think I am Max Biaggi.
I would definetly buy a couple if they were made. Heck I could pretend to be Sanchez or Haner this way. LOL. Good idea Tom.

Bryan Altmeyer
03-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Good idea Tom! I'd buy one.

Bryan Altmeyer
03-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Good idea Tom! I'd buy one.

John Orchard
03-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Nice idea.

John Orchard
03-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Nice idea.

Jason Keene
03-03-2004, 01:45 PM
2 for me please /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Jason Keene
03-03-2004, 01:45 PM
2 for me please /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Bryan Norton
03-03-2004, 02:26 PM
CMRA RACER TRADING CARDS

Two sided, with some stats, interview and specs on the back...

Come on! Jsut think if we had Ben Spies 'rookie' and Nicky Hayden and and and

Bryan Norton
03-03-2004, 02:26 PM
CMRA RACER TRADING CARDS

Two sided, with some stats, interview and specs on the back...

Come on! Jsut think if we had Ben Spies 'rookie' and Nicky Hayden and and and

Steve McNamara
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Good idea on the calendars.
I'll get with Shan on this.

Maybe a "Men of the CMRA" calendar.
We could get a stud like Headley to pose in his boxers on the idiots bike, or get Jeff Grant to do some hair shots/poses. :-)
Oh, never mind........

Just a joke guys..............

Steve McNamara
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Good idea on the calendars.
I'll get with Shan on this.

Maybe a "Men of the CMRA" calendar.
We could get a stud like Headley to pose in his boxers on the idiots bike, or get Jeff Grant to do some hair shots/poses. :-)
Oh, never mind........

Just a joke guys..............

Jason Keene
03-03-2004, 03:40 PM
strange sense of humor.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Jason Keene
03-03-2004, 03:40 PM
strange sense of humor.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Steve McNamara
03-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Very Strange.......

Steve McNamara
03-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Very Strange.......

Jiveturky
03-03-2004, 08:14 PM
I will buy several. I would love for them to be somewhat informational though, not just your typical fast rider shots. For ex; January= SuperSport, Feb.=Motards, March=V twins, April=Lightwieght, May=Heavy Twins, June=Jr. Motard, July=Mini, August= Vintage, etc., etc.. Action shots from a good cross section of classes would really show what the club has to offer. As someone mentioned in another post, people stop by his office and start asking questions. Too many people think motorcycle racing is for the extremely Rich, Crazy, Young, etc., etc. Let's show our coworkers, friends, and family that there is a place for everyone in this club. This would definately be a good recruiting tool.

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
03-03-2004, 08:14 PM
I will buy several. I would love for them to be somewhat informational though, not just your typical fast rider shots. For ex; January= SuperSport, Feb.=Motards, March=V twins, April=Lightwieght, May=Heavy Twins, June=Jr. Motard, July=Mini, August= Vintage, etc., etc.. Action shots from a good cross section of classes would really show what the club has to offer. As someone mentioned in another post, people stop by his office and start asking questions. Too many people think motorcycle racing is for the extremely Rich, Crazy, Young, etc., etc. Let's show our coworkers, friends, and family that there is a place for everyone in this club. This would definately be a good recruiting tool.

Later, Eric

GreSam
03-17-2004, 09:56 AM
The calendar is a sweet idea. I guess the hard part is deciding on who gets to be pictured each month, but if we do a collage we can include lots of folks at various tracks, as suggested.

GreSam
03-17-2004, 09:56 AM
The calendar is a sweet idea. I guess the hard part is deciding on who gets to be pictured each month, but if we do a collage we can include lots of folks at various tracks, as suggested.

Blake
03-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Racer action shot calendar... yes, two please...

CMRA Umbrella Girl calendar.. yes, two please...

ANY of you neanderthals in anything but full gear and any shot but dragging a knee or hoisting the front wheel... fahgeddaboudit!!!

Hell of an idea there Gathright. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I vote we start a fund to add some trackside markers and some curbs to OHR. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Blake
03-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Racer action shot calendar... yes, two please...

CMRA Umbrella Girl calendar.. yes, two please...

ANY of you neanderthals in anything but full gear and any shot but dragging a knee or hoisting the front wheel... fahgeddaboudit!!!

Hell of an idea there Gathright. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I vote we start a fund to add some trackside markers and some curbs to OHR. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

darick
03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
I 2nd the markers at OHR......first time I was there I went around looking for brake markers and saw only discolored little cones that I couldn't recognize till I was in waaaayyyyy too deep /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

darick
03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
I 2nd the markers at OHR......first time I was there I went around looking for brake markers and saw only discolored little cones that I couldn't recognize till I was in waaaayyyyy too deep /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

RS125R313
04-30-2004, 10:29 PM
I'd buy one.

RS125R313
04-30-2004, 10:29 PM
I'd buy one.

RS125R313
04-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Or a couple to hand out, depending on prices.

RS125R313
04-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Or a couple to hand out, depending on prices.