PDA

View Full Version : Riders meeting

Will Shupak
03-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Can someone with the BOD please shed some light as to why we are not having the Church Service during/after the riders meeting. I was extremely disappointed to have missed the service completely at OHR and almost missing it at TWS. Is there a problem with time??? It seems to me it would take quite a bit less time to do it immediately following the riders meeting(while everyone is already present), than it would be to have all interested individuals come back between races. I for one need all the blessings i can get and i'm more than a little irritated that someone representing the membership of our organization has apparently made a decision to the contrary. I am of course assuming that a motion was brought before the board to make this change. If i am any way mistaken in this, please feel free to correct me.

Will Shupak
03-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Can someone with the BOD please shed some light as to why we are not having the Church Service during/after the riders meeting. I was extremely disappointed to have missed the service completely at OHR and almost missing it at TWS. Is there a problem with time??? It seems to me it would take quite a bit less time to do it immediately following the riders meeting(while everyone is already present), than it would be to have all interested individuals come back between races. I for one need all the blessings i can get and i'm more than a little irritated that someone representing the membership of our organization has apparently made a decision to the contrary. I am of course assuming that a motion was brought before the board to make this change. If i am any way mistaken in this, please feel free to correct me.

Jason Keene
03-21-2004, 11:05 PM
If there was a service or a group prayer at OHR i didn't know... I did catch the group prayer at TWS. I am more than willing to take time to get together for the good of everyone in the club. I'm not trying to pound my bible or anything like that.

I was able to walk away from my get off at OHR's corner 6 with only a couple of broken bones because i hit my knee before i got on the bike.

Jason Keene
03-21-2004, 11:05 PM
If there was a service or a group prayer at OHR i didn't know... I did catch the group prayer at TWS. I am more than willing to take time to get together for the good of everyone in the club. I'm not trying to pound my bible or anything like that.

I was able to walk away from my get off at OHR's corner 6 with only a couple of broken bones because i hit my knee before i got on the bike.

JesseJohnson
03-22-2004, 12:19 AM
The Prayer immediately follows the riders meeting. A dedicated church service is hosted by Fred during lunch.

Jess

JesseJohnson
03-22-2004, 12:19 AM
The Prayer immediately follows the riders meeting. A dedicated church service is hosted by Fred during lunch.

Jess

Walter Walker
03-22-2004, 04:29 AM
The BOD does not make up the weekend schedules. Scheduling is part of the Race Directors duties. Church services are listed on the weekend schedules. These can be found under the schedule tab at the top of this page, They can also be found in registrstion and with your pre-entry forms. I even give a reminder during my Sunday morning riders meeting. I am sorry if there are those that are irratated at me because they missed church. I have done my best to make the time and place known to all. For those that still don't know church services are held during the lunch break on Sunday for those that wish to attend.

Walter Walker
03-22-2004, 04:29 AM
The BOD does not make up the weekend schedules. Scheduling is part of the Race Directors duties. Church services are listed on the weekend schedules. These can be found under the schedule tab at the top of this page, They can also be found in registrstion and with your pre-entry forms. I even give a reminder during my Sunday morning riders meeting. I am sorry if there are those that are irratated at me because they missed church. I have done my best to make the time and place known to all. For those that still don't know church services are held during the lunch break on Sunday for those that wish to attend.

David Branyon
03-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Good golly Walter--3:29 am!! Severe dedication there!

Hey, not to pile on, but I nearly missed the one at TWS. Didn't hear any announcement, but had seen it on my schedule and went looking for it. We also almost missed the spectator lap, which started (I think) about 5 minutes after the service started.

I'd prefer the church service to directly follow the rider's meeting too, just as one vote on the issue. Was there something broke about the way it used to be?

And thanks for all you do Walter,

David Branyon
03-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Good golly Walter--3:29 am!! Severe dedication there!

Hey, not to pile on, but I nearly missed the one at TWS. Didn't hear any announcement, but had seen it on my schedule and went looking for it. We also almost missed the spectator lap, which started (I think) about 5 minutes after the service started.

I'd prefer the church service to directly follow the rider's meeting too, just as one vote on the issue. Was there something broke about the way it used to be?

And thanks for all you do Walter,

Walter Walker
03-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Nothing has changed about the time and place of the church service. It's still during the lunch break just like it,s allways been. I moved the riders meeting for several reasons. First, we need to have the meeting before we start racing. We let this slide with the minis in the past but since the minis are on Saturday now we can,t. Second, now we have one less thing going on during lunch so we might be able to get a bite to eat. I think when everybody gets acquainted with the new schedule there will be less confusion.

Walter Walker
03-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Nothing has changed about the time and place of the church service. It's still during the lunch break just like it,s allways been. I moved the riders meeting for several reasons. First, we need to have the meeting before we start racing. We let this slide with the minis in the past but since the minis are on Saturday now we can,t. Second, now we have one less thing going on during lunch so we might be able to get a bite to eat. I think when everybody gets acquainted with the new schedule there will be less confusion.

Will Shupak
03-24-2004, 11:32 PM
thanks Walter, i apologize, confusion on my part....i didnt realize the riders meeting alone had moved and i do see how beneficial this could be for the schedule...thanks for the reply

Will Shupak
03-24-2004, 11:32 PM
thanks Walter, i apologize, confusion on my part....i didnt realize the riders meeting alone had moved and i do see how beneficial this could be for the schedule...thanks for the reply

cedestech
03-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Hey Walter, has anyone told you, you are doing a hell of a job?

If not, consider your self told.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cedestech
03-26-2004, 12:04 AM

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

SteveZX6R
03-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Hell of a Job is Right! Thanks Walter

SteveZX6R
03-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Hell of a Job is Right! Thanks Walter

Keith Hertell
03-31-2004, 11:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Will Shupak:
I am of course assuming that a motion was brought before the board to make this change. If i am any way mistaken in this, please feel free to correct me. </div></div>Well...... you know what happens when you ASSUME! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Keith Hertell
03-31-2004, 11:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Will Shupak:
I am of course assuming that a motion was brought before the board to make this change. If i am any way mistaken in this, please feel free to correct me. </div></div>Well...... you know what happens when you ASSUME! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Keith Hertell
03-31-2004, 11:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Emmett Dibble:

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>Hory Toredo!!!

I agree and can't believe I haven't told you me self, Walter.

Keith Hertell
03-31-2004, 11:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Emmett Dibble:

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>Hory Toredo!!!

I agree and can't believe I haven't told you me self, Walter.