PDA

View Full Version : I guess it's appropriate to post this here

Jack Giesecke
01-14-2005, 05:53 PM
This is in response to the crossover issue with TMGP and the license reciprocity issue. I made the following post to Jess on the TMGP board. Anyone can e-mail me on this at goose50@hotmail.com:

Jess, I'll get involved in this to this extent. Let me know what it takes to become a CMRA school instructor. Is there a class given to instructors? Is there a lesson plan? I have the time now, self employed, I can manage the time it takes. I can do a class or help with a class at TMGP events. Or if someone else really wants to do it and they have the time, they're welcome to do it. It would be good to have several CMRA Rider's School instructors in TMGP so that if one can't be there, the class can still be taught. Maybe if we can get everyone in TMGP that wishes to ride CMRA through a course, we can re-evaluate the license reciprocity thing and maybe we can have crossovers again between the two clubs. I HATE this alienation thing, too many bad political memories from the past. I totally understand the liability issues here, so there's got to be a way around that. We could have CMRA rider's school certificates issued to graduates of the class and then if a TMGP rider wants to ride a CMRA event on a CMRA track he would have to show his TMGP license and his CMRA riders school certificate. That make sense????? Anyone not wishing to mess with it, could just ride TMGP and wouldn't have to take the rider's school since they wouldn't be racing any CMRA events. The only problem I can see with this is finding time in a TMGP race weekend to do it. Maybe we can work that one out, too, somehow, someway. Things usually start late at TMGP stuff, so maybe the class could be taught somewhat early in the morning on endurance days and track time set aside during endurance practice or after the endurance. There's gotta be a way to satisfy liability issues and still have our crossovers. If I didn't care so much about both clubs, I'd just say screw it cause I have a CMRA license anyway and it don't effect me. I just hate to see any possible riff between the two clubs. I think it's counter productive to do such a thing. I haven't been a TMGP member all that long, but I joined CRRC at age 23 and I'm 52 years old now. It has been a passion. I'm with Mark in thinking that TMGP will continue to honor CMRA licenses. Don't know, that's Jeff's call.

Jack Giesecke
01-14-2005, 05:53 PM
This is in response to the crossover issue with TMGP and the license reciprocity issue. I made the following post to Jess on the TMGP board. Anyone can e-mail me on this at goose50@hotmail.com:

Jess, I'll get involved in this to this extent. Let me know what it takes to become a CMRA school instructor. Is there a class given to instructors? Is there a lesson plan? I have the time now, self employed, I can manage the time it takes. I can do a class or help with a class at TMGP events. Or if someone else really wants to do it and they have the time, they're welcome to do it. It would be good to have several CMRA Rider's School instructors in TMGP so that if one can't be there, the class can still be taught. Maybe if we can get everyone in TMGP that wishes to ride CMRA through a course, we can re-evaluate the license reciprocity thing and maybe we can have crossovers again between the two clubs. I HATE this alienation thing, too many bad political memories from the past. I totally understand the liability issues here, so there's got to be a way around that. We could have CMRA rider's school certificates issued to graduates of the class and then if a TMGP rider wants to ride a CMRA event on a CMRA track he would have to show his TMGP license and his CMRA riders school certificate. That make sense????? Anyone not wishing to mess with it, could just ride TMGP and wouldn't have to take the rider's school since they wouldn't be racing any CMRA events. The only problem I can see with this is finding time in a TMGP race weekend to do it. Maybe we can work that one out, too, somehow, someway. Things usually start late at TMGP stuff, so maybe the class could be taught somewhat early in the morning on endurance days and track time set aside during endurance practice or after the endurance. There's gotta be a way to satisfy liability issues and still have our crossovers. If I didn't care so much about both clubs, I'd just say screw it cause I have a CMRA license anyway and it don't effect me. I just hate to see any possible riff between the two clubs. I think it's counter productive to do such a thing. I haven't been a TMGP member all that long, but I joined CRRC at age 23 and I'm 52 years old now. It has been a passion. I'm with Mark in thinking that TMGP will continue to honor CMRA licenses. Don't know, that's Jeff's call.

JesseJohnson
01-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Jack, I would talk with Holly and John Casley about this. They want to get a real riderschool going in TMGP.

We are still talking over some possibilities. Thanks for stepping up to help work on this with us.

J

JesseJohnson
01-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Jack, I would talk with Holly and John Casley about this. They want to get a real riderschool going in TMGP.

We are still talking over some possibilities. Thanks for stepping up to help work on this with us.

J