PDA

View Full Version : F2/Motard grid

Eric Kancir
03-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Would it be possible to grid the Motards behind the F2 Experts? The top 3 at Cresson were F2s, not to mention all the traffic we have to deal with to get there.
We had the same instance years ago when CMRA gridded D Superbike in front of 125GP.....it doesn't work and it is a little dangerous.
I talked to a few others and they had the same opinion......just thought I'd ask.

Eric Kancir

Eric Kancir
03-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Would it be possible to grid the Motards behind the F2 Experts? The top 3 at Cresson were F2s, not to mention all the traffic we have to deal with to get there.
We had the same instance years ago when CMRA gridded D Superbike in front of 125GP.....it doesn't work and it is a little dangerous.
I talked to a few others and they had the same opinion......just thought I'd ask.

Eric Kancir

Derek Delpero
03-22-2005, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kancir:

Eric Kancir </div></div>If you put the motards directly behind F2 experts, then what are the chances that a couple motards get off the line faster than your 250?

Would we have to do a wave between each group?

Same deal if we move the motards behind the novices, inevitably some of the faster motard riders are going to have to make it through novice trafic.

Derek Delpero
03-22-2005, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kancir:

Eric Kancir </div></div>If you put the motards directly behind F2 experts, then what are the chances that a couple motards get off the line faster than your 250?

Would we have to do a wave between each group?

Same deal if we move the motards behind the novices, inevitably some of the faster motard riders are going to have to make it through novice trafic.

Eric Kancir
03-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Derek......we DID have a 3 wave start...and we still caught them!

Eric Kancir
03-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Derek......we DID have a 3 wave start...and we still caught them!

Derek Delpero
03-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Derek......we DID have a 3 wave start...and we still caught them! </div></div>Glad somebody remembered how many waves were in that race /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The biggest reason there were 3 waves was due to having 51 entries in the class. As the year goes on (and entries drop) I suspect this will be a 1 wave race.

If motards are gridded behind F2 will they always need to be in a separate wave? If the answer is yes, then this race will always have 3 waves, regardless of the number of entries.

Derek Delpero
03-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Derek......we DID have a 3 wave start...and we still caught them! </div></div>Glad somebody remembered how many waves were in that race /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The biggest reason there were 3 waves was due to having 51 entries in the class. As the year goes on (and entries drop) I suspect this will be a 1 wave race.

If motards are gridded behind F2 will they always need to be in a separate wave? If the answer is yes, then this race will always have 3 waves, regardless of the number of entries.

Eric Kancir
03-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Again.....this is just like starting D Superbike ahead of 125gp..... :p

Eric Kancir
03-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Again.....this is just like starting D Superbike ahead of 125gp..... :p

Cathy Page
03-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I have a grid question here then...........would it help to have a few seconds more gap between the flags for each wave?

Cathy Page
03-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I have a grid question here then...........would it help to have a few seconds more gap between the flags for each wave?

Derek Delpero
03-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Again.....this is just like starting D Superbike ahead of 125gp..... :p </div></div>Not really, your 250 makes a fair amount more power than a 125 and a motard is *technically* a d class machine.

When were 125s gridded behind d superbike? If I remember, it was a classic class that 125s used to get gridded behind. Maybe that was before my 125 days. And if you go back to last year, the d super guys were wanting to be gridded ahead of the 125 guys ...

But anyway, I really don't care about any of that ... the subtle point that I was trying to make is that no matter how we swap the grid the around for this race, there is still the potential for the motards to get off the line faster than some of the f2 bikes. Unless we always have 3 waves. Which leads to another issue ...

That other issue is if you make this race always have 3 waves, then the f2 novices are the ones that will have a higher chance of being lapped. Which means you as the leader will have that much more traffic to deal with.

Even worse, if you put the motards all the way in the back, then YOU are almost guaranteed to have more motards to pass. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Derek Delpero
03-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Again.....this is just like starting D Superbike ahead of 125gp..... :p </div></div>Not really, your 250 makes a fair amount more power than a 125 and a motard is *technically* a d class machine.

When were 125s gridded behind d superbike? If I remember, it was a classic class that 125s used to get gridded behind. Maybe that was before my 125 days. And if you go back to last year, the d super guys were wanting to be gridded ahead of the 125 guys ...

But anyway, I really don't care about any of that ... the subtle point that I was trying to make is that no matter how we swap the grid the around for this race, there is still the potential for the motards to get off the line faster than some of the f2 bikes. Unless we always have 3 waves. Which leads to another issue ...

That other issue is if you make this race always have 3 waves, then the f2 novices are the ones that will have a higher chance of being lapped. Which means you as the leader will have that much more traffic to deal with.

Even worse, if you put the motards all the way in the back, then YOU are almost guaranteed to have more motards to pass. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Eric Kancir
03-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Then only make it 2 waves.

Eric Kancir
03-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Then only make it 2 waves.