PDA

View Full Version : Prov Nov practice

StreetbikeDepot
04-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Just wondering if any BOD members are keeping up with the Yellow Shirt thread in the general discussion. It has been mentioned that maybe if a Prov Nov practice with a few volunteer Expert level riders could be implimented. I understand that time is tight on race days, but I believe that such practice would greatly improve yellow shirt abilities during the race. Basically it could be a extension of the recently implemented ProvNov meetings the mornings of race day, give time for the new guys to warm up, get some of the jitters out and improve their abilities on each track. Not much time would be needed, maybe 20-30min on the track and some time in paddock for critique. This would also give the new guys a chance to meet various experts and other yellow shirts in a not so stressfull atmosphere. If you go one step farther, these sessions could also be combined with the riders school track time, that could give the riders school guys a taste of race pace, without being in an actual race event, and mock grids/races could be scheduled in the evening session of the riders school involving the yellow shirts, riders school and volunteer experts. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

StreetbikeDepot
04-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Just wondering if any BOD members are keeping up with the Yellow Shirt thread in the general discussion. It has been mentioned that maybe if a Prov Nov practice with a few volunteer Expert level riders could be implimented. I understand that time is tight on race days, but I believe that such practice would greatly improve yellow shirt abilities during the race. Basically it could be a extension of the recently implemented ProvNov meetings the mornings of race day, give time for the new guys to warm up, get some of the jitters out and improve their abilities on each track. Not much time would be needed, maybe 20-30min on the track and some time in paddock for critique. This would also give the new guys a chance to meet various experts and other yellow shirts in a not so stressfull atmosphere. If you go one step farther, these sessions could also be combined with the riders school track time, that could give the riders school guys a taste of race pace, without being in an actual race event, and mock grids/races could be scheduled in the evening session of the riders school involving the yellow shirts, riders school and volunteer experts. Anyway, those are my thoughts.