PDA

View Full Version : F7 question

deadsound
05-17-2005, 04:35 PM
In the Rule book under F7 it does not say that 50cc water cooled is legal in anything other than a YSR..I have noticed a NSR50 in the Class.
If we go by "if it does not say it is legal then it is not" then would the bike be legal? I'm not saying it should or should not be. But my question is a 50cc water cooled legal in F7? I see most of them in F6..

Thanks!
Walker

deadsound
05-17-2005, 04:35 PM
In the Rule book under F7 it does not say that 50cc water cooled is legal in anything other than a YSR..I have noticed a NSR50 in the Class.
If we go by "if it does not say it is legal then it is not" then would the bike be legal? I'm not saying it should or should not be. But my question is a 50cc water cooled legal in F7? I see most of them in F6..

Thanks!
Walker

Walter Walker
05-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Yes it is. This and several other idems will corrected in an upcomming rulebook addendum. Sorry for the confusion.

Walter Walker
05-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Yes it is. This and several other idems will corrected in an upcomming rulebook addendum. Sorry for the confusion.

Bryan Norton
05-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Walker, you are correct. The class was written so a YSR based machine and an XR100 could have a decennt class. The NS50's outperform the weezers.

However, Walter is the race director who has final say, and I am not on the BoD so based upon his message rules will be changed mid-season.

I am sure they have a reason for their decisions (I haven't even made it to a race this year so I couldn't tell ya why)

Bryan Norton
05-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Walker, you are correct. The class was written so a YSR based machine and an XR100 could have a decennt class. The NS50's outperform the weezers.

However, Walter is the race director who has final say, and I am not on the BoD so based upon his message rules will be changed mid-season.

I am sure they have a reason for their decisions (I haven't even made it to a race this year so I couldn't tell ya why)

Danny Dominguez
05-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Bryan the question if a stock Honda NSR50 would be allowed to race in F7 during the 2005 CMRA race season was asked of you at the awards banquet.You specifically said you would allow it in stock form.

Danny Dominguez
05-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Bryan the question if a stock Honda NSR50 would be allowed to race in F7 during the 2005 CMRA race season was asked of you at the awards banquet.You specifically said you would allow it in stock form.

cedestech
05-18-2005, 09:18 PM
"stock" NSR50 = +/- 7hp,

60cc YSR put together correctly = +/- 10 hp

XR is in the +/- 8hp range I believe....

NSR handles way better then either but at a
big track HP rules.

The thing is someone will need to protest and
tear down a NSR to determine if it's stock.

A few "easy" internal fixes with a stock pipe
and carb will get you around 8+ hp easily....

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cedestech
05-18-2005, 09:18 PM
"stock" NSR50 = +/- 7hp,

60cc YSR put together correctly = +/- 10 hp

XR is in the +/- 8hp range I believe....

NSR handles way better then either but at a
big track HP rules.

The thing is someone will need to protest and
tear down a NSR to determine if it's stock.

A few "easy" internal fixes with a stock pipe
and carb will get you around 8+ hp easily....

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bryan Norton
05-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Well I can't say I was drunk that night - You got me. I remember talking to Emmett also in the month or two following, the statement was it needed to be stock. My recollection of the NS50's were the hopped up ones that were kickin my MZs butt. Emmett set me straight on the stock HP. Should be fairly easy to tell which ones are stock and which ones aren't.

Like I said this is what I get for not getting out there this year. Damn company is trying to move me to Cali which has changed my priorities this year.

The TZ80 is primed and ready, though.

Bryan Norton
05-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Well I can't say I was drunk that night - You got me. I remember talking to Emmett also in the month or two following, the statement was it needed to be stock. My recollection of the NS50's were the hopped up ones that were kickin my MZs butt. Emmett set me straight on the stock HP. Should be fairly easy to tell which ones are stock and which ones aren't.

Like I said this is what I get for not getting out there this year. Damn company is trying to move me to Cali which has changed my priorities this year.

The TZ80 is primed and ready, though.