PDA

View Full Version : Lapping riders after Checkered Flag

06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
I have a concern about race winners on their "slow-down" lap after getting a checkerd flag, lapping other riders who have not crossed the the start/finish line for their final lap. I had an unfortunate experience this past weekend (June 5 at MSR) where a race winner lapped myself and another rider on his/her slow-down lap, whilst the other lapped rider and myself had yet to cross start/finish for our final lap, to then signal that s/he was leaving the track, but remained on the racing line as opposed to getting to the outside and off of the racing line. I know that in the prov nov meeting it is stressed that if one is leaving the track to STAY OFF of the racing line and to get to the outside. Might this be something that can be stressed during the regular riders meeting as well? And Perhaps to suggest that racer winners ont heir slow-down lap NOT lap other riders that have yet to finish the race? Thanks.

06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
I have a concern about race winners on their "slow-down" lap after getting a checkerd flag, lapping other riders who have not crossed the the start/finish line for their final lap. I had an unfortunate experience this past weekend (June 5 at MSR) where a race winner lapped myself and another rider on his/her slow-down lap, whilst the other lapped rider and myself had yet to cross start/finish for our final lap, to then signal that s/he was leaving the track, but remained on the racing line as opposed to getting to the outside and off of the racing line. I know that in the prov nov meeting it is stressed that if one is leaving the track to STAY OFF of the racing line and to get to the outside. Might this be something that can be stressed during the regular riders meeting as well? And Perhaps to suggest that racer winners ont heir slow-down lap NOT lap other riders that have yet to finish the race? Thanks.