PDA

View Full Version : Mistake in the Oak Hill Schedule?

Craig Montgomery
06-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't see big bike practice listed on Saturday. Certainly this must be a typo as I've never seen a race weekend at Oak Hill w/ out practice (or a RRC/GT race) on Saturday. I thought we got rid of the RRC so we'd have more practice? Maybe we need to bring it back? On a personal note, I've got a hand that looks like it belongs to one of the zombies from Night of The Living Dead and I need to test this thing out in 2 weeks to see if I can even ride on Sunday.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Montgomery
06-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't see big bike practice listed on Saturday. Certainly this must be a typo as I've never seen a race weekend at Oak Hill w/ out practice (or a RRC/GT race) on Saturday. I thought we got rid of the RRC so we'd have more practice? Maybe we need to bring it back? On a personal note, I've got a hand that looks like it belongs to one of the zombies from Night of The Living Dead and I need to test this thing out in 2 weeks to see if I can even ride on Sunday.

Thanks,
Craig

Steve Breen
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Craig, good points.

I'll bring it up to the rest of the BoD for ya sir.

Steve Breen
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Craig, good points.

I'll bring it up to the rest of the BoD for ya sir.

Norm McDonald
06-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Last year we didn't have any open practice on the weekend of the 6 hour endurance. That would make the race officals work from 6:30am until 6:30pm. Norm

Norm McDonald
06-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Last year we didn't have any open practice on the weekend of the 6 hour endurance. That would make the race officals work from 6:30am until 6:30pm. Norm

Craig Montgomery
06-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Didn't we have the RRC at Oak Hill last year?

I'm with ya Norm, I don't think its fair to make folks (especially volunteers) work that late.

Craig Montgomery
06-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Didn't we have the RRC at Oak Hill last year?

I'm with ya Norm, I don't think its fair to make folks (especially volunteers) work that late.

Norm McDonald
06-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes we did 2 but not on the 6 hour endurance weekend.

Norm McDonald
06-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes we did 2 but not on the 6 hour endurance weekend.

Andy Galindo
06-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I also understood we did away with the RRC so we could "have more practice". I was looking forward to practice on Saturday too. Oh well...

Andy Galindo
06-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I also understood we did away with the RRC so we could "have more practice". I was looking forward to practice on Saturday too. Oh well...

John Orchard
06-10-2005, 08:46 PM
RRC for additional practice time was indeed the promise.

To date, we've not seen any additional practice time. In fact, big bike sprint practice time is at an all time low in my time with the CMRA.

OHR basically has nothing for the big bike sprinter on Saturdays and even normal endurance weekends have ousted the big bike sprinter on Saturday.

Maybe it's time to take a serious look at everything we're asking Walter to cram into the schedule and come up with a supportable core to work from and improve the quality of what we're offering every weekend.

John Orchard
06-10-2005, 08:46 PM
RRC for additional practice time was indeed the promise.

To date, we've not seen any additional practice time. In fact, big bike sprint practice time is at an all time low in my time with the CMRA.

OHR basically has nothing for the big bike sprinter on Saturdays and even normal endurance weekends have ousted the big bike sprinter on Saturday.

Maybe it's time to take a serious look at everything we're asking Walter to cram into the schedule and come up with a supportable core to work from and improve the quality of what we're offering every weekend.

Mr8ones
06-10-2005, 11:00 PM
It also says Friday June 24th, Saturday June 25th, Sunday June 5th. ?
:-P

Mr8ones
06-10-2005, 11:00 PM
:-P

Derek Delpero
06-10-2005, 11:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nathan Gardner:
:-P </div></div>I don't see anything wrong with the dates. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Derek Delpero
06-10-2005, 11:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nathan Gardner:
:-P </div></div>I don't see anything wrong with the dates. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Walter Walker
06-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Not enough hours in the day. And people wonder why I don't have any hair. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Walter Walker
06-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Not enough hours in the day. And people wonder why I don't have any hair. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Michael Patterson
06-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Well it seems like we have some real big growing pains. the mini's are taking over like wildfire thus eating up practice time. i personally love kids and want to support the future of the sport. back in the day the majority of the mini's ran in the TMGP and we just had a few mini classes, no long endurance races, but i guess in my absence in the CMRA lots has changed. maybe we could arrange to start having 3 day events. practice on friday then mini's on saturday , sprints on sunday. there is no way that i see to make everyone happy and keep it a 2 day event. all i know is my guys could use all the practice they can get.

Michael Patterson
06-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Well it seems like we have some real big growing pains. the mini's are taking over like wildfire thus eating up practice time. i personally love kids and want to support the future of the sport. back in the day the majority of the mini's ran in the TMGP and we just had a few mini classes, no long endurance races, but i guess in my absence in the CMRA lots has changed. maybe we could arrange to start having 3 day events. practice on friday then mini's on saturday , sprints on sunday. there is no way that i see to make everyone happy and keep it a 2 day event. all i know is my guys could use all the practice they can get.

Michael Patterson
06-12-2005, 01:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It also says Friday June 24th, Saturday June 25th, Sunday June 5th. ?
:-P </div></div>Friday is just for parking and setting up your pits.

Michael Patterson
06-12-2005, 01:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It also says Friday June 24th, Saturday June 25th, Sunday June 5th. ?
:-P </div></div>Friday is just for parking and setting up your pits.

cedestech
06-12-2005, 05:00 AM
The mini schudule, practice sprint and endurance times has been the same for years....

How has it all of a sudden "eaten" up practice
time?

The "exrta" mini classes equal no other races.

There has always been 2 mini sprint races and
20 hours of endurance as long as I can remember.

The sprints used to be after lunch instead of before so actually they take up less time.

cedestech
06-12-2005, 05:00 AM
The mini schudule, practice sprint and endurance times has been the same for years....

How has it all of a sudden "eaten" up practice
time?

The "exrta" mini classes equal no other races.

There has always been 2 mini sprint races and
20 hours of endurance as long as I can remember.

The sprints used to be after lunch instead of before so actually they take up less time.

Michael Patterson
06-12-2005, 09:38 AM
maybe i just didnt pay that close attention to it way back then.

Michael Patterson
06-12-2005, 09:38 AM
maybe i just didnt pay that close attention to it way back then.

Nancy Selleck
06-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Walter has revised the schedule and added open practice on Saturday afternoon at 5:00 p.m.

The fee is $35 and can be included in your pre-entry or you can sign up for it at the track.

The revised schedule is posted.

Nancy Selleck
06-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Walter has revised the schedule and added open practice on Saturday afternoon at 5:00 p.m.

The fee is $35 and can be included in your pre-entry or you can sign up for it at the track.

The revised schedule is posted.

Steve Breen
06-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Does your BoD and Staff take care of you guys or what??

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Steve Breen
06-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Does your BoD and Staff take care of you guys or what??

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Alan Etheredge
06-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Buy a cornerworker an adult beverage Saturday evening - they'll be ready for it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Alan Etheredge
06-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Buy a cornerworker an adult beverage Saturday evening - they'll be ready for it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Craig Montgomery
06-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks to the BOD, Walter, and Nancy.

Craig Montgomery
06-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks to the BOD, Walter, and Nancy.

cedestech
06-13-2005, 11:40 AM
A premature thanks to the corner workers....

Saterday is going to be a long day....

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cedestech
06-13-2005, 11:40 AM
A premature thanks to the corner workers....

Saterday is going to be a long day....

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

John Orchard
06-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the response and addition of practice back into the schedule!

John Orchard
06-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the response and addition of practice back into the schedule!

Andy Galindo
06-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Wow! I wasn't expecting a change in the schedule- now I'll HAVE to show up and practice (or else!). Thanks in advance to all the cornerworkers and everyone involved. Ya'll really do go out of your way. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Andy Galindo
06-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Wow! I wasn't expecting a change in the schedule- now I'll HAVE to show up and practice (or else!). Thanks in advance to all the cornerworkers and everyone involved. Ya'll really do go out of your way. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tony Wang
06-13-2005, 05:00 PM
So how long is the practice Saturday evening? Is it going to be similar to the practice Sunday morning, two 15-20 minute sessions?

Tony Wang
06-13-2005, 05:00 PM
So how long is the practice Saturday evening? Is it going to be similar to the practice Sunday morning, two 15-20 minute sessions?