PDA

View Full Version : F40 Lightweight Novice

Frank Newman
07-02-2005, 10:38 AM
I request that the Board consider again establishing this class. Looking at some of the classes where one, two, or three people show up, the number of contestants seems more than enough. It would fill a very clear need.

Frank Newman
07-02-2005, 10:38 AM
I request that the Board consider again establishing this class. Looking at some of the classes where one, two, or three people show up, the number of contestants seems more than enough. It would fill a very clear need.

Chris Accardo
07-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I would agree with Frank. I ran Formula 40 Lightweight earlier this year, and with no expert/novice distinction, its pretty discouraging to know you aren't even going to be competitive until you're a decent expert.

Chris Accardo
07-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I would agree with Frank. I ran Formula 40 Lightweight earlier this year, and with no expert/novice distinction, its pretty discouraging to know you aren't even going to be competitive until you're a decent expert.

Cathy Page
07-05-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm confused here. There is a class split in the F40 HW. You can always race that class. I looked at both classes before the season started. I would rather the expert skill advanatage beat me over a HP race to each corner.

I would rather race fast guys with similar bikes than to get smoked down the starightaway only to have a big bike park in the turn and me close in trail, now about to lose whatever drive I was about to muster. (Not that I have experienced such things).

Besides "Gumby", your lap times are faster than mine and I have people I can dice with out there.

Another thought this brings up............we all get gridded with other bikes/skills anyway so even if you get scored seperately you are still on the track with the speedy boys.
I like the dice, the passing, even the getting passed, you can have the rest.

Cathy Page
07-05-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm confused here. There is a class split in the F40 HW. You can always race that class. I looked at both classes before the season started. I would rather the expert skill advanatage beat me over a HP race to each corner.

I would rather race fast guys with similar bikes than to get smoked down the starightaway only to have a big bike park in the turn and me close in trail, now about to lose whatever drive I was about to muster. (Not that I have experienced such things).

Besides "Gumby", your lap times are faster than mine and I have people I can dice with out there.

Another thought this brings up............we all get gridded with other bikes/skills anyway so even if you get scored seperately you are still on the track with the speedy boys.
I like the dice, the passing, even the getting passed, you can have the rest.

07-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Cathy- I don't think they're saying make it a whole separate race... I think they just want there to be a Nov/Exp split in F40 LW.

07-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Cathy- I don't think they're saying make it a whole separate race... I think they just want there to be a Nov/Exp split in F40 LW.

Frank Newman
07-06-2005, 09:04 AM
That would be correct, David. It's an accounting issue and one more set of cheap but priceless trophies. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another sprint class where novices have to race against experts. In researching the August races at Barber I noticed that CCS has a novice F40 Lightweight.

Frank Newman
07-06-2005, 09:04 AM
That would be correct, David. It's an accounting issue and one more set of cheap but priceless trophies. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another sprint class where novices have to race against experts. In researching the August races at Barber I noticed that CCS has a novice F40 Lightweight.

Bryan Norton
07-06-2005, 05:25 PM
FWIW (I'm not on the BoD and havent even been to one lousy race this year) I second that thought for 2006.

Bryan Norton
07-06-2005, 05:25 PM
FWIW (I'm not on the BoD and havent even been to one lousy race this year) I second that thought for 2006.

keggert
07-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Has anyone looked to see how many experts to novices there are in that class??? I think the average number of experts are two, three if it wasn't an endurance race the day before and my bike survived the thrashing. So, while there is diffently enough novices, there is a lack of experts. Mind you I'm not on the BoD so maybe they can provide different insight into this.

keggert
07-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Has anyone looked to see how many experts to novices there are in that class??? I think the average number of experts are two, three if it wasn't an endurance race the day before and my bike survived the thrashing. So, while there is diffently enough novices, there is a lack of experts. Mind you I'm not on the BoD so maybe they can provide different insight into this.

07-06-2005, 10:35 PM
so basically, you're saying there's just enough experts to fill the podium? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

07-06-2005, 10:35 PM
so basically, you're saying there's just enough experts to fill the podium? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wsb742
07-07-2005, 08:14 AM
David, I believe that's called "cherry picking".

If I was eligible for F40, I'd want a novice class, too.

wsb742
07-07-2005, 08:14 AM
David, I believe that's called "cherry picking".

If I was eligible for F40, I'd want a novice class, too.

keggert
07-07-2005, 08:36 AM
David, only if all three of us show. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Other then that we have to share the podium with one novice. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

As far as cherry picking goes, I could careless if they split the class. I was just pointing out why the Bod may have chose to combine that class versus splitting them up to start with.

keggert
07-07-2005, 08:36 AM
David, only if all three of us show. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Other then that we have to share the podium with one novice. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

As far as cherry picking goes, I could careless if they split the class. I was just pointing out why the Bod may have chose to combine that class versus splitting them up to start with.

07-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Kevin, I can see your point.... wood is expensive /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

07-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Kevin, I can see your point.... wood is expensive /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

keggert
07-07-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm building an extension on to my house, so yes wood is real expensive. Mind you if I could win enough trophies, I could use those to build the extension cutting my cost. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

keggert
07-07-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm building an extension on to my house, so yes wood is real expensive. Mind you if I could win enough trophies, I could use those to build the extension cutting my cost. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif