PDA

View Full Version : Open practice question for TWS

Chris Accardo
07-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I saw on the schedule posted for TWS last night that there is open practice scheduled for Saturday at TWS this month. I don't want to seem ungrateful for this, because I'm not, but why is it scheduled for 8:00am on Saturday? If you're only going to race sprints on Sunday, you would have to be there early Saturday morning when the track opens to get teched, when presumably all of the endurance teams are going through tech as well. There might be reasons I haven't considered for scheduling this practice when it is, but would it be possible for it to be later in the day where more people could take advantage of it?

Thanks,

Chris Accardo

Chris Accardo
07-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I saw on the schedule posted for TWS last night that there is open practice scheduled for Saturday at TWS this month. I don't want to seem ungrateful for this, because I'm not, but why is it scheduled for 8:00am on Saturday? If you're only going to race sprints on Sunday, you would have to be there early Saturday morning when the track opens to get teched, when presumably all of the endurance teams are going through tech as well. There might be reasons I haven't considered for scheduling this practice when it is, but would it be possible for it to be later in the day where more people could take advantage of it?

Thanks,

Chris Accardo

Jason Keene
07-08-2005, 11:42 AM
As I understand it, the practice that is scheduled for Saturday morning is for people that want to pay 35 dollars and take advantage of the track on Saturday morning.

Having a 6 Hour endurance and mini sprints is a full schedule in itself...

The last 6 hour only allowed Endurance teams to practice.

I don't think Saturdays' practice is included with Sundays' schedule, I'm pretty sure it's extra.

Jason Keene
07-08-2005, 11:42 AM
As I understand it, the practice that is scheduled for Saturday morning is for people that want to pay 35 dollars and take advantage of the track on Saturday morning.

Having a 6 Hour endurance and mini sprints is a full schedule in itself...

The last 6 hour only allowed Endurance teams to practice.

I don't think Saturdays' practice is included with Sundays' schedule, I'm pretty sure it's extra.

Nancy Selleck
07-08-2005, 02:02 PM
We don't normally offer sprint practice on Saturdays when there is a big bike endurance race, but Walter decided to include it this time as a courtesy to sprint riders who only get a few laps of practice on Sunday morning.

We tried having sprint practice at Oak Hill in the afternoon after all racing was over, but it was torture for the staff and cornerworkers who'd been going since 6:30 that morning. I wouldn't plan on afternoon practice in the future.

You are not required to participate in the sprint practice on Saturday. And it does cost $35.

Nancy Selleck
07-08-2005, 02:02 PM
We don't normally offer sprint practice on Saturdays when there is a big bike endurance race, but Walter decided to include it this time as a courtesy to sprint riders who only get a few laps of practice on Sunday morning.

We tried having sprint practice at Oak Hill in the afternoon after all racing was over, but it was torture for the staff and cornerworkers who'd been going since 6:30 that morning. I wouldn't plan on afternoon practice in the future.

You are not required to participate in the sprint practice on Saturday. And it does cost $35.

Igal
07-08-2005, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chris Accardo:

Thanks,

Chris Accardo </div></div>yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn

a little too early in the morning for some of us boys in the SV crowd is what chris is trying to say! we arent all morning birds like keenie.

Igal
07-08-2005, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chris Accardo:

Thanks,

Chris Accardo </div></div>yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn

a little too early in the morning for some of us boys in the SV crowd is what chris is trying to say! we arent all morning birds like keenie.