PDA

View Full Version : tony R remember Monday

ysr612
09-24-2002, 01:58 PM
you and I were talking of always having the picture.

well here it is. set of three wish I did not get to shoot them glad your ok.

http://65.70.248.19/pages/P2090197.htm

make that a set of four showed you had it in you to get back in it.

ysr612
09-24-2002, 01:58 PM
you and I were talking of always having the picture.

well here it is. set of three wish I did not get to shoot them glad your ok.

http://65.70.248.19/pages/P2090197.htm

make that a set of four showed you had it in you to get back in it.

Rodio
09-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Well Glen thanks for the pics. I still really dont know what went wrong there. I know I was going strong. Trying to get sanchez within striking distance. But I just lost the championship with that crash. Yea I had it in me, to get back into it. But it was kinda scary going into the the rattlesnake with no front brake lever. But I had one lap left to complete. So I learned all about being setup for a corner ahead of time. I managed to fight back two of my places that I had lost.Anyway I finished 5th or 6th.
But that was just my mentality when I went out there.Haners slogo!(podium or crash!!!Baby!!) Nah just kidding. I was sure going for it.
By the way can any of the Experts figure out what went wrong here. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Or is it just one of those things? If it is..Then I am willing to accept that answer.Comments anyone? Ty,Haner,Troy,Stoyko

Rodio
09-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Well Glen thanks for the pics. I still really dont know what went wrong there. I know I was going strong. Trying to get sanchez within striking distance. But I just lost the championship with that crash. Yea I had it in me, to get back into it. But it was kinda scary going into the the rattlesnake with no front brake lever. But I had one lap left to complete. So I learned all about being setup for a corner ahead of time. I managed to fight back two of my places that I had lost.Anyway I finished 5th or 6th.
But that was just my mentality when I went out there.Haners slogo!(podium or crash!!!Baby!!) Nah just kidding. I was sure going for it.
By the way can any of the Experts figure out what went wrong here. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Or is it just one of those things? If it is..Then I am willing to accept that answer.Comments anyone? Ty,Haner,Troy,Stoyko

marcus mcbain
09-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey Tony,

I thought I already answered this at the track, but the reason you crashed was the rebound on your shock was hosed. Coming out of the horseshoe into the transition for the next turn, when you let off (slightly) the throttle to setup for the left hander, the back end came up too fast and loaded up the front tire and you lost the front tire.

Get the shock fixed with Pete and you will be in the running. As Ty knows already from our Team Green run, it definitely ain't over until the checkered flag of the last race.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
09-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey Tony,

I thought I already answered this at the track, but the reason you crashed was the rebound on your shock was hosed. Coming out of the horseshoe into the transition for the next turn, when you let off (slightly) the throttle to setup for the left hander, the back end came up too fast and loaded up the front tire and you lost the front tire.

Get the shock fixed with Pete and you will be in the running. As Ty knows already from our Team Green run, it definitely ain't over until the checkered flag of the last race.

Marcus

Rodio
09-24-2002, 09:47 PM
I know Marcus that the shock is bad. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif But didnt know if the shock was bad at that time). Unless you were saying that the shock was going bad already? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif If so......That sucks!
Anyway get ready for me at Cresson. I Talked to mike at Traxxion. And they told me to send it in.
So I did already. They would fix it for free. If something was wrong after they put it on the dyno.
If it was just oil breakdown then I would have to pay for the oil change. But if it does not work when we get it back. I'm going to have you and pete work your Mojo on it. By the way.. how does my body position look? Does it look like I could improve anywhere? Ok enough Questions. I feel like a newbie.LOL!

Rodio
09-24-2002, 09:47 PM
I know Marcus that the shock is bad. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif But didnt know if the shock was bad at that time). Unless you were saying that the shock was going bad already? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif If so......That sucks!
Anyway get ready for me at Cresson. I Talked to mike at Traxxion. And they told me to send it in.
So I did already. They would fix it for free. If something was wrong after they put it on the dyno.
If it was just oil breakdown then I would have to pay for the oil change. But if it does not work when we get it back. I'm going to have you and pete work your Mojo on it. By the way.. how does my body position look? Does it look like I could improve anywhere? Ok enough Questions. I feel like a newbie.LOL!

Jesse Davis
09-25-2002, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Marcus McBain:
Hey Tony,

Marcus</div></div>why would you let off the gas at all here? you should be slowly applying positive throttle at about 3/4 of the way through the horseshoe, and accelerating through the left hander.

JD

Jesse Davis
09-25-2002, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Marcus McBain:
Hey Tony,

Marcus</div></div>why would you let off the gas at all here? you should be slowly applying positive throttle at about 3/4 of the way through the horseshoe, and accelerating through the left hander.

JD

John Orchard
09-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Hey Marcus - just curious, did you see Tony's crash first hand?

John Orchard
09-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Hey Marcus - just curious, did you see Tony's crash first hand?

ysr612
09-25-2002, 08:54 AM
Marcus was there with me I do not know if he saw it we spoke a little about it trying to figure it out so I think he has a pretty good Idea. my take was the tony was to greedy with his right hand I think marcus is more correct (as that would be to much of a yellow shirt mistake for tony)

ps thanks steve

ysr612
09-25-2002, 08:54 AM
Marcus was there with me I do not know if he saw it we spoke a little about it trying to figure it out so I think he has a pretty good Idea. my take was the tony was to greedy with his right hand I think marcus is more correct (as that would be to much of a yellow shirt mistake for tony)

ps thanks steve

marcus mcbain
09-25-2002, 09:13 AM
Yeah,

I was there, BUT I did not see Tony the instant he crashed, but rather I saw him/bike as it was sliding. From where he crashed, I would say the scenario I explained happened. Post inspection on the motorcycle found that the rebound unit on the rear shock seemed to be severely wasted. I would guess it was bad on the bike when Tony was out there. As Tony got ready for the transition, I am sure that loaded up the front tire more than it could handle.

There are two ways to go through the horseshoe.

1) Out on the gas hard, but that generally makes you run wide on the left hander and consequently blows your run through the next sweeper.

2) Exit the horseshoe about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle so you can setup on the right-hand side of the track for the left hander, short-shift and get a huge drive for 10 & 11.

marcus mcbain
09-25-2002, 09:13 AM
Yeah,

I was there, BUT I did not see Tony the instant he crashed, but rather I saw him/bike as it was sliding. From where he crashed, I would say the scenario I explained happened. Post inspection on the motorcycle found that the rebound unit on the rear shock seemed to be severely wasted. I would guess it was bad on the bike when Tony was out there. As Tony got ready for the transition, I am sure that loaded up the front tire more than it could handle.

There are two ways to go through the horseshoe.

1) Out on the gas hard, but that generally makes you run wide on the left hander and consequently blows your run through the next sweeper.

2) Exit the horseshoe about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle so you can setup on the right-hand side of the track for the left hander, short-shift and get a huge drive for 10 & 11.

Keith Hertell
09-25-2002, 10:11 AM
Oh, come on Marcus!!! Don't limit these guys to only 2 ways through the shoe.

You know there are several ways to get through there equally as fast. Just depends on the bike/ situation.

NEVER only think there are only a couple ways through a corner. You can make anything happen.

Keith Hertell
09-25-2002, 10:11 AM
Oh, come on Marcus!!! Don't limit these guys to only 2 ways through the shoe.

You know there are several ways to get through there equally as fast. Just depends on the bike/ situation.

NEVER only think there are only a couple ways through a corner. You can make anything happen.

marcus mcbain
09-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Sorry Keith,

I forgot about the vintage guys, etc. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

here are a couple of more lines:

1) As you mist oil on your rear tire, slide the rear and square off the corner.

2) Hold the throttle pinned, and as your bike somersaults over you, decelerate for a soft landing.

3) Close your eyes and as your make it through the turn, come up with a really good, "I was dragging the cases..." story.

Seriously, There are different lines based on bike displacement, gearing, and suspension setup. The ones I mentioned work for guys on 600cc + machines very well. Sit at the horseshoe and listen to the exhaust as the riders shortshift and manage the throttle.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
09-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Sorry Keith,

I forgot about the vintage guys, etc. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

here are a couple of more lines:

1) As you mist oil on your rear tire, slide the rear and square off the corner.

2) Hold the throttle pinned, and as your bike somersaults over you, decelerate for a soft landing.

3) Close your eyes and as your make it through the turn, come up with a really good, "I was dragging the cases..." story.

Seriously, There are different lines based on bike displacement, gearing, and suspension setup. The ones I mentioned work for guys on 600cc + machines very well. Sit at the horseshoe and listen to the exhaust as the riders shortshift and manage the throttle.

Marcus

Brad Thomas
09-25-2002, 02:16 PM
Tony,
I'm a slower expert than those you mentioned but after looking at other pictures Glen took in that corner IMO you had too much lean angle and were not far enough off the seat. You can turn like that but you will probably drag the peg and cases.
As Marcus mentioned the blown shock didn't help.

Brad Thomas
09-25-2002, 02:16 PM
Tony,
I'm a slower expert than those you mentioned but after looking at other pictures Glen took in that corner IMO you had too much lean angle and were not far enough off the seat. You can turn like that but you will probably drag the peg and cases.
As Marcus mentioned the blown shock didn't help.

Eddie Burk
09-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Damn Marcus, that was pretty funny.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
09-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Damn Marcus, that was pretty funny.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ysr612
09-25-2002, 04:07 PM
more pics of tony Jim said he did not have his shoulder deep enough too. I will stick with Marcus (boy does that sound funny)

http://65.70.248.19/tr1.jpg

http://65.70.248.19/tr2.jpg

http://65.70.248.19/tr3.jpg

ysr612
09-25-2002, 04:07 PM
more pics of tony Jim said he did not have his shoulder deep enough too. I will stick with Marcus (boy does that sound funny)

http://65.70.248.19/tr1.jpg

http://65.70.248.19/tr2.jpg

http://65.70.248.19/tr3.jpg

Steve Haesemeyer
09-25-2002, 04:29 PM
OR, You can do it like Hertell #11 does--- Park it in the corner, make everybody slow down behind you and then gas that ol GSXR down the straight and hope you hold them off. HA HA Didn't work at Hallett, did it Keith? BTW I sent you a check today. Pack that radiator up and send it to me. I would like to install it before I leave for Cresson. HAZE

Steve Haesemeyer
09-25-2002, 04:29 PM
OR, You can do it like Hertell #11 does--- Park it in the corner, make everybody slow down behind you and then gas that ol GSXR down the straight and hope you hold them off. HA HA Didn't work at Hallett, did it Keith? BTW I sent you a check today. Pack that radiator up and send it to me. I would like to install it before I leave for Cresson. HAZE

Keith Hertell
09-25-2002, 04:49 PM
That wasn't my good ole Exxon Valdez oil-cooled GSXR.
I had to borrow that one.

I got mine back and ready to set ANOTHER Classic track record, but this time I'll beat you in the process. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Jumpstarter /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

I thought you were too scared to come to Cresson.

You haven't raced that track for 15 years straight like Hallett. :p :p :p :p

Keith Hertell
That wasn't my good ole Exxon Valdez oil-cooled GSXR.
I had to borrow that one.

I got mine back and ready to set ANOTHER Classic track record, but this time I'll beat you in the process. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Jumpstarter /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

I thought you were too scared to come to Cresson.

You haven't raced that track for 15 years straight like Hallett. :p :p :p :p

John Orchard
Nice lean angle there Tony! I don't see anything at all wrong....keep up the good work bud! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

John Orchard
Nice lean angle there Tony! I don't see anything at all wrong....keep up the good work bud! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Brad Thomas
09-25-2002, 05:45 PM
I should have said get your *** of the seat it's not a sofa.

Brad Thomas
09-25-2002, 05:45 PM
I should have said get your *** of the seat it's not a sofa.

E. Templet
09-25-2002, 06:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by bt racer brad thomas:
Tony,
As Marcus mentioned the blown shock didn't help.</div></div>Son-of-a-gun...I mean..Holy Smoke! I agree with Brad! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif What's with all the lean angle there dude? I don't know of Rossi gets it over that far.

I'm slower than Brad and no expert. I just have a white plate cuz it matches my paint scheme. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'm no kneedragger and am always amazed at how people get there knee down consistently. My wife says it's becuase I'm short, I think it's because I punk out. Sissy may be correct, because I was going through turn 1&2 with a gaggle of experts that were draggin knee, boot, leather, and who knows what else. We were all going the same speed and Gene's puck never once skimmed the tarmac. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

E. Templet
09-25-2002, 06:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by bt racer brad thomas:
Tony,
As Marcus mentioned the blown shock didn't help.</div></div>Son-of-a-gun...I mean..Holy Smoke! I agree with Brad! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif What's with all the lean angle there dude? I don't know of Rossi gets it over that far.

I'm slower than Brad and no expert. I just have a white plate cuz it matches my paint scheme. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'm no kneedragger and am always amazed at how people get there knee down consistently. My wife says it's becuase I'm short, I think it's because I punk out. Sissy may be correct, because I was going through turn 1&2 with a gaggle of experts that were draggin knee, boot, leather, and who knows what else. We were all going the same speed and Gene's puck never once skimmed the tarmac. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Rodio
09-25-2002, 11:37 PM
Yea... I think I better get my skinny ARSE over a bit more. Especialy if I am going to carry that kinda corner speed. I had never dragged the footpeg there before. But then again I was pushing it harder than before. Thanks for all the comments guys. John you and chad look pretty good yourselves. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Rodio
09-25-2002, 11:37 PM
Yea... I think I better get my skinny ARSE over a bit more. Especialy if I am going to carry that kinda corner speed. I had never dragged the footpeg there before. But then again I was pushing it harder than before. Thanks for all the comments guys. John you and chad look pretty good yourselves. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Mathew Wise
09-26-2002, 12:39 PM
I am not an expert, but here is my $0.02

It looks like (hard to tell from pictures) you had to lean the bike over farther at the exit of the turn to hold your line. Perhaps a less aggressive roll-on through the first part of the turn is in order. Remember, the object through the horshshoe is to go fast, but more importantly to set up for the next turn that exits on the straight. I speculate that you went into the turn a little too hot trying to reel in Mike, then had to lean further to keep from running wide. Of course, if you were off the bike further, you would not have had the bike leaned over so far /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BTW, Marcus... anyone who rolls off the throttle, even very slightly, with that kind of lean angle will probably loose the front, regardless of the rear shock. I am not saying the shock is not bad, and I am not a suspension expert, but I do know how to loose the front end! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

So to recap, you were leaned too far at the exit to hold your line, and you probably reacted by leaning further, rolling off, or both!

Tony, there is always something to learn from a crash. Never dismiss it as "one of those things"

Hope I was able to help!

Mathew Wise

Mathew Wise
09-26-2002, 12:39 PM
I am not an expert, but here is my $0.02

It looks like (hard to tell from pictures) you had to lean the bike over farther at the exit of the turn to hold your line. Perhaps a less aggressive roll-on through the first part of the turn is in order. Remember, the object through the horshshoe is to go fast, but more importantly to set up for the next turn that exits on the straight. I speculate that you went into the turn a little too hot trying to reel in Mike, then had to lean further to keep from running wide. Of course, if you were off the bike further, you would not have had the bike leaned over so far /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BTW, Marcus... anyone who rolls off the throttle, even very slightly, with that kind of lean angle will probably loose the front, regardless of the rear shock. I am not saying the shock is not bad, and I am not a suspension expert, but I do know how to loose the front end! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

So to recap, you were leaned too far at the exit to hold your line, and you probably reacted by leaning further, rolling off, or both!

Tony, there is always something to learn from a crash. Never dismiss it as "one of those things"

Hope I was able to help!

Mathew Wise

John Orchard
09-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Yo Tony! That was sarcasm! I certainly wasn't complimenting you.....You suck! :p

John Orchard
09-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Yo Tony! That was sarcasm! I certainly wasn't complimenting you.....You suck! :p

Rodio
09-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Thanks John for the sarcasm /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Anwway Matt. If you see the pro-nov there in the pic. He was the one that caused Mike to run wide. Mike had to go the outside line. I saw a chance to hammer it up the inside to make up some ground. So yes i did go in hot. but I had been doin it that way all morning long. So with it being so late in the corner. I had felt the worst was over.( as far as goin in hot)So My recap of what happen is....A little greedy on the throttle,Need to hang the arse over a little more, And most importantly the shock was bad. I know this because all my other races after the wreck. The bikes handling just started to deterioate.I was having to work the bike a lot harder than before. Maybe I can force sanchez into making an error.(that is ok to want?I mean as long as he doesnt get hurt.Right?LOL)

Rodio
09-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Thanks John for the sarcasm /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Anwway Matt. If you see the pro-nov there in the pic. He was the one that caused Mike to run wide. Mike had to go the outside line. I saw a chance to hammer it up the inside to make up some ground. So yes i did go in hot. but I had been doin it that way all morning long. So with it being so late in the corner. I had felt the worst was over.( as far as goin in hot)So My recap of what happen is....A little greedy on the throttle,Need to hang the arse over a little more, And most importantly the shock was bad. I know this because all my other races after the wreck. The bikes handling just started to deterioate.I was having to work the bike a lot harder than before. Maybe I can force sanchez into making an error.(that is ok to want?I mean as long as he doesnt get hurt.Right?LOL)

Mathew Wise
09-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Just tell him you have a rear shock for sale cheap... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Mathew Wise

Mathew Wise
09-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Just tell him you have a rear shock for sale cheap... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Mathew Wise