PDA

View Full Version : Eslick wins at Springfield!!

Brooks Gremmels
06-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Danny Eslick, won the 883cc event at the Springfield Mile weekend before last. This was Danny's first Grand National win. Danny said he had not planned on racing when an offer was made to let him borrow a bike. He had to wear his brother's leathers, etc. According to Cycle News, "Eslick made a ballsy pass" between the lead rider and the wall, to take the victory at the line.
As most of you know, Danny moved directly to a contract with factory Suzuki this season after riding a 125cc in the CMRA for two years. He got a waiver from Suzuki to ride the Harley. He is riding DRZ's and TL's in production-framed flat track races and a GSXR 750 in a few AMA events.
Brooks

Tim Haas
06-05-2003, 04:19 PM
That is just awesome! There has never been a doubt that Danny had talent. Please pass on my my congratulations to him, and tell him to come see us.

Tim Haas
CMRA #4

Gabe Sanchez
06-05-2003, 10:34 PM
That is great news Brooks! I would have to say Danny has the most raw talent of anyone I have ever seen on a motorcycle. When I read your post about the pass Danny put on the leader, it made me think of the CCS final at Daytona 2002. In Team Hammer Practice on Wednesday, my little brother Mike did his first few laps and was getting used to riding pinned in sixth with his elbow a few feet from the wall. Just when he thought he was real close to the wall, Danny passed him on the outside. When people ask Mike about Daytona that story often comes up. A week later at Atlanta, I watched Danny come out of 12, spin up the rear on the curbing and wheelie through the grass then bar shake through a gear or two down the front straightaway. When he would go out of sight at the exit of 1, everyone on pit lane would look at each other, shake their heads and say a few cuss words. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Danny is my favorite rider to watch. Brooks, please do me a favor and tell him I said congratulations whenever you get a chance.
Thank You Gabe