PDA

View Full Version : GSXR Transmission Parts Needed

lane smith
06-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Looks like the Nemesis Motorsports GSXR1000 Endurance Bike needs some transmission parts. I don't think we'll have to much fun at TWS stuck in 3rd gear like we did at Hallett!
We need 1st through 6th gears, shift forks, shift shaft and assorted seals and gaskets.
Anyone know if these parts exist in Texas, used or new??
If not we'd gladly borrow Ben Spies bike!
If you can help that would be great,

Lane Smith

marcus mcbain
06-05-2003, 08:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Lane Smith:
Looks like the Nemesis Motorsports GSXR1000 Endurance Bike needs some transmission parts. I don't think we'll have to much fun at TWS stuck in 3rd gear like we did at Hallett!
We need 1st through 6th gears, shift forks, shift shaft and assorted seals and gaskets.
Anyone know if these parts exist in Texas, used or new??
If not we'd gladly borrow Ben Spies bike!
If you can help that would be great,

Lane Smith</div></div>Hey Lane,

You should need a shift drum/cam not shift shaft. I don't recommend used...there is reason they are not in the motor /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Marcus

mcstealth
06-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Call Kevin Hunt. KWS motorsports in Goose Creek , SC

He will have a complete set. He fields Shawn Higabee in AMA Superbike and is a top 10 finisher

His '800' number has changed. I just tried it. I'll look for another one.

David

Bob Cronin
06-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Take your time fixing the bike and be sure that it is done right. If you have to miss TWS then it is something that will have to be done.

lane smith
06-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Thanks for he help, we've got the new parts ordered.

Bob Cronin
06-06-2003, 04:44 PM
I don't think that you should rush putting the bike together. Take an extra week to be sure that the tranny will hold up. No sense testing it out at TWS!

lane smith
06-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Looks like I'll have to bust out the 1997 TL1000s, although outdated since the day it rolled off the assembly line it accelerates slow and turns slower, best of all the brakes suck.

see you there