PDA

View Full Version : License Renewal

Nancy Selleck
10-11-2004, 08:09 AM
License renewal forms will be mailed out to everyone in early November.

1. If you have a change of address, please let me know asap.

2. Everyone will have until January 1, 2005 to renew their license to keep their Competition Number. Beginning January 2, 2005 all unrenewed numbers will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Assignments will be based on the date number request (on license renewal form) is received in the CMRA office. No numbers will be assigned over the phone, email, etc.

3. Mini-only Numbers are going away for 2005. Everyone will have their own unique sprint competition number, whether you only ride minis or not. Whatever number is printed on your 2004 Competition License next to the heading "Comp #", is the number you will be renewing for 2005. A letter explaining this change will be going out to all riders who had Mini-Only numbers for 2004.

More later...

olddude
10-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Nancy,
Will Mini Endurance still use same number as 2004?

Nancy Selleck
10-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Sorry, forgot to talk about endurance.

Big Bike and Mini Endurance numbers will remain the same as 2004. Endurance Team renewal forms will be in the same mailing and the deadline for renewing endurance competition numbers will be the same as for sprint competition numbers.

Mini Endurance Teams and Big Bike Endurance Teams will have their own set of numbers from 1-99. Endurance teams who finished 1-10 overall will have the option of running that number or keeping their regular competition number.

Christopher Corder
10-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Ms. Selleck,

Any chance of 3 digit numbers next year in all types of racing? I would like all of our bikes to carry one of the same two numbers (325 & 225).

Jason Keene
10-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I'll second that....

Not changing numbers would have let my boy start from the grid on saturday's mini endurance.... Changing numbers put us on pit row for that start....

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif we had a blast....

Nancy Selleck
10-11-2004, 11:14 AM
I'll discuss the possibility with the manual scorers. I'm guessing that the reason that endurance teams have been limited to one or two digit numbers is because 4-8 hours of writing 3-digit numbers can be very difficult.

I'll have it worked out by the time the renewals are mailed out.

Jason Keene
10-11-2004, 12:15 PM
thanks

JesseJohnson
10-11-2004, 04:17 PM
You can get numbers that are easily covered up: Sprints 520, 521, 522, 523 mark off the last digit for #52 endurance being an example.

Nick Dawson
10-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Now that we all have electronic scoring, no one needs to be righting down numbers unless they get meet balled or something. Is that not why we all paid near $300.00, so the scoring people’s job would be easier?

Nancy Selleck
10-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Nick, it seems like we've gone over this before.

There will always be the need for manual scorers. Every racing organization uses manual scorers as backup for electronic scoring. There is always the remote chance that for some reason or another the electronic scoring will fail and we'll have to fall back on manual scorers.

With electronic scoring as the primary scoring method, it does eliminate the need for so many manual scorers. And as has been posted before, in the case of a photo finish, humans sitting at the start finish line are the final line call.

Feel free to call any other racing organization to see if they do it any differently. Then maybe we can put this recurring arguement to rest.

olddude
10-12-2004, 11:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Then maybe we can put this recurring arguement to rest. :rolleyes: </div></div>AMEN !!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Nick Dawson
10-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Folks,
I hope we are not arguing here as suggested, rather, I hope we are having an open discussion. I am not wishing to upset or embasses anyone by my questions or comments.
However there are some unanswered questions surrounding the expensive AMB Transponder system and it's use.
1. They claim Worldwide patents covering various aspects of their technology. Yet they have avoided directly answering three business letters from my father inquiring about their patent numbers and specifications. He wishes to discuss using their technology for other non-racing-related applications and can find no record of patent numbers, approvals or applications. My dads' technology company is seriously considering producing a very similar non-racing related device at a much lower cost - I heard $25.00 a unit mentioned.
2. Their web site states "100% reliability with easy-to-use software and hardware." If it is 100% reliable then why do we require back up manual timekeepers? As for dead heat ties - impossible using this system, at 100+ MPH it measures far more accurately that a human eye.
The purpose of any automated system is to remove the error prone human and associated costs.
Unless we have been misled by the vendor and purchased an expensive myth the use of manual back up T-K's is surly unnecessary.
Comments anyone?

Jason Keene
10-13-2004, 10:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nick Dawson:

1. Yet they have avoided directly answering three business letters from my father inquiring about their patent numbers and specifications.

2. If it is 100% reliable then why do we require back up manual timekeepers?

Comments anyone? </div></div>1st.... If they have avoided your dad... Then your dad has other options... You describe him as a smart man, I'm sure he will find another avenue.
When he does get the answers he is looking for and the development of his proposed product is available I'm sure he will make a small fortune on his version of the better mousetrap. Hell, I'll buy two.

2nd.... It makes perfect sense to have manual back up. Things happen, systems go down for a multitude of reasons that have nothing to do with design flaw or human error. Far too many examples to list. When the time comes that our back up comes into play I think things will be fair, if someone has a problem with the out come it should be addressed then. I don't really see a good reson to speculate now.

3rd.... This topic was for license renewal. Your questions and opinions are valid try bringing them up directly with the B.O.D. Send them a letter and I'm sure they will address your issues.

Nancy Selleck
10-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Kim says endurance team numbers will remain 2-digit for 2005.

We had a lot of numbers this year that were registered to teams and then never used. We may ammend the rules to something like if you haven't raced with your registered endurance number by the 3rd race weekend, the number opens back up and becomes available again. Makes more sense than holding a number all year for someone who never uses it.

David Branyon
10-17-2004, 02:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nick Dawson:
Folks,
1. They claim Worldwide patents covering various aspects of their technology. Yet they have avoided directly answering three business letters from my father inquiring about their patent numbers and specifications. </div></div>People pay serious money for patent searches. I don't know why this company would want to help your dad compete against them by providing the patent information to him without his having to do a search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2. Their web site states "100% reliability with easy-to-use software and hardware." If it is 100% reliable then why do we require back up manual timekeepers? As for dead heat ties - impossible using this system, at 100+ MPH it measures far more accurately that a human eye.
</div></div>Websites state lots of things. Nothing is 100% reliable except for maybe boulders. Some portion of the system may be 100% reliable, but if someone unplugs the receiver or rips the wire out that goes under the track, then the system surely must stop.

As to the transponder being more accurate than the eye, that requires very precise placement of the transponder on the bike, exactly consistent from bike to bike.

I hope your dad succeeds 'cause I'd sure like to be buying $25 transponders instead of $300 ones. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

mnellis
11-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Nancy, at the risk of staying "on topic" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif , when filling out the license renewal it mention that we have to have the renewal forms back by 10/31 to recieve the free subscription/renewall of Roadracing World. I didn't even get the renewal application until late last week.

Is the renewal subscription still valid?

Mike Nellis

Nancy Selleck
11-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Mike, you're misreading something. Where are you reading that it needs to be returned by 10/31 to receive Roadracing World? I didn't mail the license renewals until November 1st, so I'm sure 10/31 isn't the deadline for anything.

There are only 2 mentions of the subscription that I can find:

The first is at the bottom of the Instructions on the back of the license application and it reads "All CMRA members applying before August 31, 2005 will receive a free, one-year subscription to Roadracing World & Motorcycle Technology magazine."

The second is on the back side of the Associate Member application and it reads "Benefits include a one-year subscription to Roadracing World & Motorcycle Technology magazine (must join prior to July 1st)..."

mnellis
11-09-2004, 04:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

The first is at the bottom of the Instructions on the back of the license application and it reads "All CMRA members applying before August 31, 2005 will receive a free, one-year subscription to Roadracing World & Motorcycle Technology magazine."
</div></div>Correct you are. I'm a Bozo and misread 2005 as 2004. Sorry you had to chase my mistake.

Cathy Page
11-09-2004, 09:34 PM
You'll have to forgive Mike. He's obviously still waterlogged from the "off trail" dirt riding. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif