PDA

View Full Version : Forged Signatures

Nancy Selleck
05-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Just a reminder that not only is it against the CMRA's rules for someone other than the rider to sign the rider's signature on any form, it is also against the law!

In the past few weeks, I have caught more than one person signing someone else's signature on a CMRA form. This has happened on license applications as well as race entry forms.

The signatures that we require are for LIABILITY releases. I can't even begin to explain the serious consequences of what could happen if something happened to the rider whose signature was forged.

The CMRA rule which covers this subject is on page 9, Section 3.4, last paragraph. "All entries must be signed in ink by the rider. Under no circumstances may a person other than the rider sign the entry form. Failure to comply with this regulation may result in the rider being disqualified, suspended and/or fined."

Please be aware that if this situation happens again, both people involved will be fined and have their licenses suspended on the spot. No warnings. No appeals.

wsb742
05-03-2005, 01:07 PM
MY opinion - no need to give out warnings.

Scott

05-03-2005, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

The CMRA rule which covers this subject is on page 9, Section 3.4, last paragraph. "All entries must be signed in ink by the rider. Under no circumstances may a person other than the rider sign the entry form. Failure to comply with this regulation may result in the rider being disqualified, suspended and/or fined."
</div></div>Could we get the "Failure to comply with this regulation may result in the rider being disqualified, suspended and/or fined." made more clear for next year? Would that be the person forging the signature or the rider who has his signature forged? There is a possibility that some devious malicious person (it helps to think like them) could go ahead and forge their competition's names on the forms just to have the competition eliminated/kicked out/DQ/Fined etc. At least that is the way I interpret the rules as it states the rider and not the forger. I know nothing like that would ever happen... Thanks!!!

DMS Racing
05-03-2005, 01:59 PM
William,

Have you been excessively studying your spy vs spy vs spy scenarios again? :rolleyes:

05-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Nope. I just have a keep eye for the English Language and the current rule could possible punish a rider if someone forges their signature. All anyone would have to do is point out the rules and a riders gets DQ/Fined etc. If the rules are not followed to the letter of the law, then people scream favoritism. Sometimes there are good rules and sometimes rules like this one that has the potential for Dr Evil. I mean, I could seriously submit 20 (for all the 20 people that are quicker than me) forms all with forged signatures and according to the rule book, they could all get DQ/Fined etc. I was just proposing a revision/clarification of the current rule. I am not trying to stir the pot. How do yo spell your last name again and what classes do you run in? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jason Keene
05-03-2005, 04:10 PM
It seemed clear to me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Please be aware that if this situation happens again, both people involved will be fined and have their licenses suspended on the spot. No warnings. No appeals.

</div></div>

05-03-2005, 04:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jason Keene:
It seemed clear to me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Please be aware that if this situation happens again, both people involved will be fined and have their licenses suspended on the spot. No warnings. No appeals.

</div></div></div></div>So yo don't mind if I anonymously send in some entry forms and waivers with your forged signature on it? I will fax them in from a 7-11 in Waco... Then since they cannot determine who sent in the forged documents, you lose out. That is what I want clarified. If someone forges my name to something that I don't know about (because that person is malicious) I don't want to get my license suspended, do you?

Nancy Selleck
05-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Hello. Can we assume that I try to use my common sense when someone submits an entry form or license application? I look at the forms. If I smell a rat, I investigate further.

So far the folks who I've caught signing someone else's name were caught because they misspelled the rider's name. Duh. I didn't have to get out my Sherlock Holmes hat and pipe to figure those out.

Each situation will be reviewed individually...which of course, there won't be any after my posting about this subject...right?

William, no one will be submitting a sprint pre-entry form for anyone else. Big bike sprint pre-entry forms don't even have a signature line and all of them have to be signed by the rider when they're picked up anyway. Does someone else know your credit card number? Does someone else know your transponder number? How would they fill out that info on a pre-entry form and then send it in?

The main concern is endurance forms. Both pre-entries and entries at the track. Here's the deal: You're a team owner and you can't get the last guy on your team to sign the form before you fax it in...so you just sign it yourself. Or you're at the track and one of your riders isn't there yet and registration is getting ready to close...what are you going to do?
Obviously you have to get your entry in...so you just sign it yourself.

Here's what should happen: you're a team owner and you can't get all signatures on your pre-entry...fax it in with the ones you can and then add the rider on at the track. Or you're a team owner, you're at the track but your last rider hasn't shown up yet. Submit the entry without that rider and when he shows up, fill out an Endurance Change form to add the rider. Even if entries have closed, we can still add the rider.

Bottom line: Don't sign someone else's name on anything.

Troy Green
05-04-2005, 12:03 AM
So just to clear this up... what you're saying is don't sign someone else name? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'm just glad I have an easy to spell name, if any of my friends spelled my name wrong, they should not be allowed to race mostly due to stupidity!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And in closing is it ok if I sign someone elses name on a message board?????

Thanks,

Roty Negre
ACMR #5

TX_03_RC51
05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by William Brennan:
Nope. I just have a keep eye for the English Language and the current rule could possible punish a rider if someone forges their signature. </div></div>If you read this sentence twice, it's pretty funny.

(look for typo and verb/noun dissagreement)
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Keith Hertell
05-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Yo! Roty, at least get your # right dude! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jason Keene
05-04-2005, 09:16 AM
I wonder if he randomly checks the walls at home to see if they are turning into RUBBER.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

stephencorder
05-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Robert White
How did you catch this at 12:08 AM? I had to read it more than twice and I wasn't up at midnight.

05-04-2005, 10:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Robert White:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by William Brennan:
Nope. I just have a keep eye for the English Language and the current rule could possible punish a rider if someone forges their signature. </div></div>If you read this sentence twice, it's pretty funny.

(look for typo and verb/noun dissagreement)
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>hahahaha

TX_03_RC51
05-04-2005, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Stephen Corder:
Robert White
How did you catch this at 12:08 AM? I had to read it more than twice and I wasn't up at midnight. </div></div>Unlike Mr. Brennan, I have a keen eye for the English language.

05-04-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm done with this BBS and all the self-pontificating pompous smart @$$ here. See you Jack@$$3$ in turn one. I am never coming back to the BBS. (Nancy, Thanks for the answer on the case by case situation and the clarification, that is all I needed to know from someone in an offial position within the club.)

05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
surely you jest...

Jason Keene
05-05-2005, 07:57 AM
more issues than a news stand....

Tom Anderson
05-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Can type "self-pontificating pompous" , can't type "keen" ...

I don't care who you are, that's just funny.

stephencorder
05-05-2005, 05:48 PM
mea culpa, request consent decree

Keith Coker
05-05-2005, 06:02 PM
What's an offial position?

Nancy Selleck
05-05-2005, 09:04 PM
This topic is not a joke. This is a serious issue.

Someone was busted today. Warnings are over.