PDA

View Full Version : BOD Meeting Minutes - 10/16/05



Nancy Selleck
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
(October 16, 2005)
(Motorsport Ranch, Cresson, Texas)

Board Members:
Present: Steve Breen, Lindsey Leard, Norm McDonald, Steve McNamara
Absent: Brooks Gremmels, Jess Johnson, Chris Rankin
Quorum: Yes

Others Present:
Secretary Nancy Selleck
Race Director Walter Walker

Meeting called to order at 9:30 a.m.

1. Reviewed Chase Vivion's appeal letter. Determined that Chase did not cause the red flag in Formula 2 at TWS and voted in favor of awarding Chase his points.

2. Proposal to change 2006 Schedule. Voted no to changing the October date from TWS to MSR Houston. Board will continue to monitor the progress of MSR Houston. Steve McNamara and Lindsey Leard to visit the property in the next couple of weeks.

3. Approved the 2005 Championship Jacket design and bid from Scott McDermott to produce them.

4. Approved 2005 Awards Banquet schedule. Staffing for the event discussed. Recipient of the 2005 Extra Mile Award decided. Suggestions made for future Hall of Fame recipients.

5. Rules Reviewed:
a. Voted no to changing 30-minute protest period rule.
b. Voted yes to minor changes to red flag penalty wording in the rulebook.
c. Voted no to changing endurance rules regarding how the race should end. Voted no to suggestion of the club spending money to buy a countdown clock.
d. Voted no to limiting motards to formula classes.
e. Voted no to creating a Formula 3 class for Ninja 250s. Suggestion was made that in order to create a new class, there'd have to be a minimum number of bikes (10 or 15) showing up on the grid each time.
f. Voted no to changing penalty rule for racing with non-charged or missing transponder.
g. Voted no to changing class championship rules. Specifically that no championship or plaque awarded if there were not a minimum of three entries per event.
h. Voted yes to eliminating all Formula CMRA classes (Heavyweight, Mediumweight, Lightweight).
i. Voted yes to eliminating both Vintage classes and one Classic class and combine them all into one class: Classic Unlimited.
j. Voted yes to split Formula 40 Lightweight into Expert and Novice.
k. Added rule (under General section) allowing Race Director the discretion to disqualify a ride from participation based on unsafe physical condition.

6. Voted yes on Nathan Gardner's appeal letter to remain Novice for 2006.

7. Other subjects discussed:
a. Legal representation
b. Website Designer/Manager
c. New Riderís School curriculum update
d. Annual Program
e. Committees
f. Turn 8A at TWS
g. Hosting USGPRU in 2006

Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.

John Orchard
10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks much for the 'SUP w/ the club'! Much appreciated.

Norm McDonald
10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Nancy Thanks for getting these posted.

marcus mcbain
10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Thank you all very much. Very nice to see what is going on in club in this manner. Really helps each of us understand the intricate process and have a better appreciation for how the BOD process(es) work.

Thank you,
Marcus McBain

Ryan Rutkowski
10-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Great the only two classes that I run are getting eliminated or changed.

Brandon Spradling
10-18-2005, 08:35 PM
thanks nancy for the update. keep up the good work.

Chuck Ergle
10-18-2005, 08:55 PM
How's about them there bylaws we were sposed to be a'gettin' pert'near any time now?

David Milner
10-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Thank you Nancy for posting the minutes.

Thanks BOD for taking the time to produce them.

and thank you for splitting F40 (if I decide to run it next year) so I don't have to compete with Marv. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Thanks again for all the dedication.

David Branyon
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the minutes.

A moment of silence for the official end of the FZR400 in club racing--no classic small bike class and no CMRA med weight. It's probably time. And all mine are broken anyway. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

And that's not to complain, just to serve notice of one of the finest LW bikes ever to come down the pike, and it's unbelievable 10+ year run of competitiveness (the '90's) of a bike that was imported for only 3 years.

Good job folks and I appreciate y'all straddling the line and making the decisions to move the club forward.

Troy Green
10-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Nancy,

Thanks for posting the minutes, and thanks to the BOD for doing what ya'll do!!!

Troy

Darryl Warren
10-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Nancy,

This is great! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Linz Leard
10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chuck Ergle:
How's about them there bylaws we were sposed to be a'gettin' pert'near any time now? </div></div>Sorry Chuckster! I meant to call and tell you this earlier this week; better that I post it here for others to see. Yes, the by-laws are coming soon. Our legal council is giving them a once over and she should have them back to us as soon as she can. Of course, upon their return, they'll be posted on the homepage.

Sonny
10-28-2005, 02:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

2. Proposal to change 2006 Schedule. Voted no to changing the October date from TWS to MSR Houston. Board will continue to monitor the progress of MSR Houston. Steve McNamara and Lindsey Leard to visit the property in the next couple of weeks.
</div></div>I'm surprised by this given the constant moaning about TWS/8A. May I ask what the underlying factors were for this call?

Linz Leard
10-28-2005, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Sonny Thandassery:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

2. Proposal to change 2006 Schedule. Voted no to changing the October date from TWS to MSR Houston. Board will continue to monitor the progress of MSR Houston. Steve McNamara and Lindsey Leard to visit the property in the next couple of weeks.
</div></div>I'm surprised by this given the constant moaning about TWS/8A. May I ask what the underlying factors were for this call? </div></div>Simply put, at the time of the vote, MSR Houston was an unknown quantity in terms of meeting the needs of the CMRA. Safety and the ability to accomdate pit structure (both cold and hot) were the foremost issues, but there are other logistical items, too. Since the BoD meeting, we've looked at and taken a ride around the track, and talked to MSR Houston folks. We are very likely to take another hard look at the facility and how it fits into the CMRA's schedule for 2006 and beyond.

Walter Walker
10-28-2005, 08:10 AM
The fact that MSR-H is not finished yet is another reason.

Tim Johnson
10-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Disappointed to see a TWS race has been dropped for "06".Is it truly cause of turn 8a or rental cost? New venues to race at is always a big charge.But TWS has always been the signature track for CMRA.Texas World has been instrumental in exposing our greatest CMRA members who have gone on to be National & World Champions the essence of speed. Not to mention our front running pro contingency chasers who visit other tracks and spank the regional top dog.You can't tell me the fast guy at Putman Park or Beaver Run would'nt be intimidated by TWS.Yet a CMRA racer can show at Mid-Ohio and take home most all of the spoiles of winning.I'm sure all of the CMRA front runners who have ventured to other tracks in the country would agree.

Consider this. Add an 11th race event to the up coming "06" schedule.Of course that date going to MSR Houston.I'm sure this may possibly be in the works.As for "07" schedule reinstate the original third race event back to TWS such as this year. An even 12 race schedule would preside.
Just my opinion.
Of course a big thanks to the board for all of your efforts.TJ.

10-30-2005, 01:16 PM
If you really need track time at TWS, there are trackdays there all the time...

Tim Johnson
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I won't open a can of worms here David.But you missed the point. Former CRRC Champ. from the early 80's to late 80's.Just jumped back into the bike roadrace thing and wanted to join CMRA.C-ya on the track.TJ.

Steve McNamara
10-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Tim,

TWS has significant history within our organization. I wish they felt the same way!!!
8A is and will always be an issue and the track is quite expensive to rent.
The management is getting easier to work with but the same old owner keeps acting the same old way. Truth be told that place will continue to erode and the stands will one day be laying in the front straight.
OHR will have it's day as well if things are not put in place to update it's facilities.
This club keeps growing and we as an organization must keep looking on the horizon for newer/safer/bigger facilites to host our events.
I would love for TWS to fix their issues and spend some $$$ on it's surface. I doubt the owner knows the track layout himself any more. It's a SHAME.