PDA

View Full Version : Silent Auction Donations

Nancy Selleck
10-24-2005, 08:48 AM
We're looking for some Silent Auction donations for the Awards Banquet.

If you have something you'd like to donate, please call or email me as soon as you can. Get creative! Everyone has something they can donate.

We had some really great stuff last year and I know we can do the same this year. I donated a 2-digit competition number last year and it was a big hit. I'm planning to do the same this year too.

I'm trying to put a list together and coordinate getting everything here to the office, so please let me know soon!

Thanks!

10-24-2005, 01:12 PM
so I could be a 2-digit novice next year? sweeeeet....

Nancy Selleck
10-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Sorry, only Experts are eligible to bid on the 2-digit number.

What are you donating, David? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Troy Green
10-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Nancy,

And where will the proceeds of this silent auction be going?

I still never heard where the proceeds of last years silent auction went? Was supposed to be the injured riders fund, but then that whole program got scraped, and never did hear where all the money in that fund was used for?

Thanks,

Troy Green
CMRA #5 "For two more months anyway...Congrats. to Eric Falt for earning the Big 5 for next season!!!"

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Even though the Board of Directors voted to eliminate the Rider Relief Fund, the money is still sitting in an account and was earmarked to be used to the benefit of all of the members rather than just one at a time. Nothing was ever determined specifically, but some things mentioned were restroom construction at OHR, air fence, track improvements, etc.

So, I still call it the Rider Relief Fund, it's still sitting there and that's where the proceeds for this Silent Auction will go to as well.

Nancy Selleck
11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Donations so far...

Handmade Quilt - Jill Banta
CRRC satin Jacket - Nick Gruy
Competition #69 - Chris Headley
Ashmead Pit Board from Daytona - Kevin Dennis
Fork Re-spring & Revalve - Marcus McBain
Painting - Ashley Desmond
Huge CMRA Magnet & Sticker - Craig Montgomery

Please contact me if I've forgotten something that you've donated.

Keith Hertell
11-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Nancy,
Backbone Body Modifications would like to donate:
1- $100 gift cert for Tattoo
1- $100 gift cert. for Branding
1- $100 gift cert. for Scarification

I would donate piercings, but I'd poke just about anyone for free. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

4741 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, TX 78216

Frank Newman
11-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Newman & Summers, P.C., sponsor of the nationally prominent Nick Danger Racing Team, will donate:
Wills with trust provisions if there are minor children;
Statutory General Power of Attorney;
Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions;
Directive to Physicians (sometimes referred to as a Living Will), if desired
I'll do two of each whether for Husband/Wife, winner and significant other, or winner and friend.
Legal Disclaimer: Must be NON-TAXABLE estate. In other words, if you have a net taxable estate around $1Million, you need special help that I don't claim to know how to do.
This can be handled over the phone and email so we can do it for anyone in Texas.
Equivalent Value: $500.00

Norm McDonald
11-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Shoei Helmets donated a X11 Airtrix Helmet.
K&N Motorcycles will donate the door prizes.
Tucker Rocky is donating a set of leathers

Nancy Selleck
11-14-2005, 08:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nancy,

I've gotten a couple of my clients to donate some really cool charters for the auction.

One is an afternoon/evening sail aboard a 2005 46' custom sailing catamaran for the lucky winner and 19 close friends. ($1000 value) It's a 4-6 hour cruise around Kemah and Galveston bay.

The second is a wine and cheese sunset cruise for eight aboard Serenity http://www.yachtserenity.com/index.html. A fabulous yacht from a bygone era. Truly lifestyles of the rich and famous stuff!! Her usual opening bid at silent auctions is 1K, and she has gone for more than 10K. (Republican fundraiser) A once in a lifetime experience. The owner will be sending us a certificate for display. I will captain both charters, and I'll also be putting up another late (Sept-Oct) season redfish charter as well ($550 value).

All will be subject to availability. Hope this helps, sorry no cool motorcycle related stuff, I'm just a boat whore.

Buck Beasley</div></div>Thanks, Buck!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nancy Selleck
11-23-2005, 03:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nancy,

I would like to donate two trackday certificates for MSR Houston to the silent auction. These will be for the 12/19 event and are donated by myself, Mike Sanchez, and MSR Houston. Thanks and I hope the auction is getting some good stuff.

Buck Beasley</div></div>Thanks Buck, Mike and MSR Houston!

Nancy Selleck
11-28-2005, 08:42 AM
If you are bringing your donations to the banquet (rather than sending them to the CMRA office), please be sure to have them there early (well before 3:00). We'll need to know how many tables to set up and get the donations arranged before the Silent Auction begins.

If you're sending them to the office, please get them here by the 15th. The street address for shipping is 7503 Chapel Ave, Ft Worth, TX 76116.

Thanks!

Bill Syfan
11-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Additional donations . . .

StompGrip Traction Pads - STOMP

LeoVince Slip-On Exhaust up to $400 - LeoVince USA

Michelin Pilot Power DOTs - Island Racing

Tire Warmer Wheel Stand - speedlab

Sharkskinz Fiberglass Tail Section - Sharkskinz

Bridgestone Tires - South Central Race Center

Riding Gear - Motorcycles Unlimited

Aprilia Jackets - Robert Pandya at Aprilia USA

wsb742
11-30-2005, 11:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

What are you donating, David? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>David - how about a Vortex gas cap? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :p

Nancy Selleck
11-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Tucker Rocky is donating two racing suits and three jackets to the silent auction.

Bill Syfan
11-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Pit Bull sent two t-shirts, two caps and two coffee mugs today.

Bill Syfan
11-30-2005, 05:03 PM
This just in . . .

One free LSTD track day, any date in 2006 - Steve McNamara at Lone Star Track Days

Roger Albert
12-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Hi all,

I'd like to donate free _Labor_ on a RaceTech Cartridge Emulator install, along with $50 dollars off on a set of said emulators.

Regards
Roger Albert
OnRoad OffRoad Cycles
Austin, TX
CMRA ProvNov

Nancy Selleck
12-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Roger.

Will you be bringing the certificate to the banquet or will you be mailing it to the office?

Roger Albert
12-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Welcome.

Darn, I dont' even have a certificate. I'll come up with something and mail it, as I can't attend.
When do you need it by? (sorry, came to the discussion late)

Nancy Selleck
12-01-2005, 01:47 PM
It would be nice to have it by the 15th.

Thanks again.

Roger Albert
12-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Will do.

Miranda Steward
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
I have a poster of Ben Spies he signed. Just let me know.
I know all the Girls would LOVE that! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Miranda Steward
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Oh Don't forget I have Ty's posters too!!!!
HA HA! Better not make the ol man jealous...

Nancy Selleck
12-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Michael Patterson of Totally Graphic Designs is donating a $375 paint job.

Thanks, Mike!

Bryan West
12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
NANCY...CAN I DONATE MY #4 FOR '06?

burner42
12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
West E, put a 2 behind it and I will take it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Myles

Nancy Selleck
12-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the offer, West-e but if you're not going to use it, no one can.