PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Entry Fee Increase For '06

Norm McDonald
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Even though the cost of putting on races has steadily increased each year, the CMRA has been able to hold sprint entry fees steady for the last 5 years. For example track rental fees have gone up over 20% and now we have to pay 25% of the front gate to the track as well. Ambulance stand-by charges have increased over 50% and insurance costs have also escalated. The CMRA now has an office and full time secretary.

In order for the CMRA to be able to continue to put races on, it has become necessary to increase sprint entry fees $5 per class and $10 for the Formula 1 Expert class. The new fees are as follows:

Big Bike classes

First entry - $70
Second entry - $50
Each add'l entry - $35
Formula 1 Expert $75 (does not count as first entry)

Mini Sprint classes

First entry - $40
Each add'l entry - $30

(For comparison purposes WERA Sportsman fees are $75, $55 and $45 and CCS are $70, $50 and $35.)

The BOD held off increasing the fees as long as we could but our costs keep going up making this change necessary.

CMRA President Norm McDonald

Norm McDonald
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Even though the cost of putting on races has steadily increased each year, the CMRA has been able to hold sprint entry fees steady for the last 5 years. For example track rental fees have gone up over 20% and now we have to pay 25% of the front gate to the track as well. Ambulance stand-by charges have increased over 50% and insurance costs have also escalated. The CMRA now has an office and full time secretary.

In order for the CMRA to be able to continue to put races on, it has become necessary to increase sprint entry fees $5 per class and $10 for the Formula 1 Expert class. The new fees are as follows:

Big Bike classes

First entry - $70
Second entry - $50
Each add'l entry - $35
Formula 1 Expert $75 (does not count as first entry)

Mini Sprint classes

First entry - $40
Each add'l entry - $30

(For comparison purposes WERA Sportsman fees are $75, $55 and $45 and CCS are $70, $50 and $35.)

The BOD held off increasing the fees as long as we could but our costs keep going up making this change necessary.

CMRA President Norm McDonald

Jason Keene
01-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I can live with it... Thanks for the heads up.

Now let's see the line up so I make a game plan if I have to run back to back races. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jason Keene
01-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I can live with it... Thanks for the heads up.

Now let's see the line up so I make a game plan if I have to run back to back races. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

track terror
01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Damn inflation! But I'm not gonna stop racing. I'm just gonna have to beg a little harder.

track terror
01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Damn inflation! But I'm not gonna stop racing. I'm just gonna have to beg a little harder.

wesk
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
DAMNIT....last year i came home from a race with $10 to my name to last me a week. Guess i'll be coming home with $0 this time.....oh well.

wesk
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
DAMNIT....last year i came home from a race with $10 to my name to last me a week. Guess i'll be coming home with $0 this time.....oh well.

2SlowButTryin
01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Any chance you could bump the first race or two even more and drop the "each additional race" to reward those of us running even more???? OUch. That puts me at over $200 for just entries.....
But I know its for a good reason....

Kinda like a shot. It's worth the extra pain but you'll have to forgive me while I flinch.....

2SlowButTryin
01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Any chance you could bump the first race or two even more and drop the "each additional race" to reward those of us running even more???? OUch. That puts me at over $200 for just entries.....
But I know its for a good reason....

Kinda like a shot. It's worth the extra pain but you'll have to forgive me while I flinch.....

David Milner
01-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up Norm.

David Milner
01-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up Norm.