PDA

View Full Version : New Endurance policy

Walter Walker
03-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Starting at TWS all endurance bikes (Big Bike & Minis) must be on pitroad 15 mins prior to the 5 min board. We will be checking transponders, bike numbers, and noting pit locations for each team. If your bike is not on pitroad for this inspection, there will be no arguments if you start the race with the wrong numbers or a non-functioning transponder. Your team will not be scored until it is corrected.

Walter Walker
03-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Starting at TWS all endurance bikes (Big Bike & Minis) must be on pitroad 15 mins prior to the 5 min board. We will be checking transponders, bike numbers, and noting pit locations for each team. If your bike is not on pitroad for this inspection, there will be no arguments if you start the race with the wrong numbers or a non-functioning transponder. Your team will not be scored until it is corrected.

Ronnie Lunsford
03-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Please clarify

on pitroad, as in by your pits or......

on pregrid

Ronnie Lunsford
03-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Please clarify

on pitroad, as in by your pits or......

on pregrid

Walter Walker
03-29-2006, 11:41 AM
In your pit box along the wall. One of the things we will be doing is making a map of where each team is located on pitroad.

Walter Walker
03-29-2006, 11:41 AM
In your pit box along the wall. One of the things we will be doing is making a map of where each team is located on pitroad.

Norm McDonald
03-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks Walter

Norm McDonald
03-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks Walter

Brad Thomas
03-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey Walter,

Please clarify:

Does this mean if the transponder checks out during this Pre-race inspection, regardless of who owns it (CMRA or club member) and then fails to operate, regardless of the cause, during the race, we will be manually scored?

If the transponder fails, will we be black flagged to come in for another transponder?

Thanks,

Brad Thomas
03-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey Walter,

Please clarify:

Does this mean if the transponder checks out during this Pre-race inspection, regardless of who owns it (CMRA or club member) and then fails to operate, regardless of the cause, during the race, we will be manually scored?

If the transponder fails, will we be black flagged to come in for another transponder?

Thanks,

waytooslow
03-29-2006, 04:31 PM
guess someone has stock in generators... guess I need to get one, instead of bumming power and then getting the warmers off, ridding to pit entrance at 3rd call..... More $$ (sigh)

But I do see the good in this.. for sure....

waytooslow
03-29-2006, 04:31 PM
guess someone has stock in generators... guess I need to get one, instead of bumming power and then getting the warmers off, ridding to pit entrance at 3rd call..... More $$ (sigh)

But I do see the good in this.. for sure....

Chuck Ergle
03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
This foils Faltless' dastardly plan to sabotage everyones' transponders who're still in the paddock! CURSES!!

Chuck Ergle
03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
This foils Faltless' dastardly plan to sabotage everyones' transponders who're still in the paddock! CURSES!!

Walter Walker
03-30-2006, 08:48 AM
If a transponder fails during the race you'll still be meatballed and brought in for a replacement.

What we're trying to do here is keep a team from starting the race with a bad transponder.

We need each team to make at least one lap and cross one of the scoring loops during practice (with a transponder mounted on the bike please).

During the inspection we will be checking on the teams that we did not see in practice.

An outright transponder failure is very rare. In most cases a failure is due to it not being charged properly or just being knocked off the bike.

While were at it lets talk about charging transponders.
DO: Charge your transponder at least 12 hours before use. If charged properly the light will flash 3 to 4 times pause and repeat the flashes. Each flash indicates about 1 days charge.
DO NOT: Do not wait till you get to the track to charge your transponder. In about 2 hours a transponder will be charged enough to give at least one green light. This is a false indication. It will be dead in about 4 hours. The battery in the transponder will develope a memory of how it is charged. Charge it properly and it will last a long time.

I hope this helps

Walter Walker
03-30-2006, 08:48 AM
If a transponder fails during the race you'll still be meatballed and brought in for a replacement.

What we're trying to do here is keep a team from starting the race with a bad transponder.

We need each team to make at least one lap and cross one of the scoring loops during practice (with a transponder mounted on the bike please).

During the inspection we will be checking on the teams that we did not see in practice.

An outright transponder failure is very rare. In most cases a failure is due to it not being charged properly or just being knocked off the bike.

While were at it lets talk about charging transponders.
DO: Charge your transponder at least 12 hours before use. If charged properly the light will flash 3 to 4 times pause and repeat the flashes. Each flash indicates about 1 days charge.
DO NOT: Do not wait till you get to the track to charge your transponder. In about 2 hours a transponder will be charged enough to give at least one green light. This is a false indication. It will be dead in about 4 hours. The battery in the transponder will develope a memory of how it is charged. Charge it properly and it will last a long time.

I hope this helps

Brad Thomas
04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks Walter.

The transponder loops are in the track, so why
do staff members check the operation of transponders by waving the indicator over the top of the transponder?

Shouldn't they be checked from under the tail section?

Brad Thomas
04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks Walter.

The transponder loops are in the track, so why
do staff members check the operation of transponders by waving the indicator over the top of the transponder?

Shouldn't they be checked from under the tail section?

Walter Walker
04-04-2006, 07:39 PM
The handheld tester only has a range of about 10 inches. Until AMB comes out with something better it's all we have. We'll checking all endurance bikes against a list of bikes we picked up in practice. The bikes we did not pick up will be sent across the pit loop for a final check and/or given a replacement transponder.

Walter Walker
04-04-2006, 07:39 PM
The handheld tester only has a range of about 10 inches. Until AMB comes out with something better it's all we have. We'll checking all endurance bikes against a list of bikes we picked up in practice. The bikes we did not pick up will be sent across the pit loop for a final check and/or given a replacement transponder.

binskies
04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
So, does a member of the team need to be present during this check or do we just need to have the bike available on pit road?

binskies
04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
So, does a member of the team need to be present during this check or do we just need to have the bike available on pit road?

Jonathan Wright
04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
If it were me, I'd have somebody there in case there are problems it can just be handled and you won't have a surprise right before the race.

But you, Robin...I advise for you guys to be back at the trailer in the paddock. No need to be out in the hot sun when you don't need to be.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jonathan Wright
04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
If it were me, I'd have somebody there in case there are problems it can just be handled and you won't have a surprise right before the race.

But you, Robin...I advise for you guys to be back at the trailer in the paddock. No need to be out in the hot sun when you don't need to be.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

binskies
04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks for looking out for us, J-Dub. It shows you really care. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

binskies
04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks for looking out for us, J-Dub. It shows you really care. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

wilmic
04-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Good Work.

Cheers Walter, good System, I believe.

wilmic
04-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Good Work.

Cheers Walter, good System, I believe.