PDA

View Full Version : Rider Index - Novices to Expert for 2007

Nancy Selleck
10-23-2006, 11:25 AM
The Rider Index is determined using the following formula.

Rider Index = 1 - (Finishing Position / Number of Starters)

That is calculated for each race a person enters, then we take the average. Also the rider must have entered at least 15 races to be included.

Here is the link to the list:

http://www.cmraracing.com/results/2006/ri15/

Riders with a .600 and above are automatically moved up to Expert for 2007. Also, any Novice who won a 2006 Class Championship is automatically moved up to Expert.

The Board of Directors have decided that they will not consider any appeals until after each racer's second race weekend of 2007.

Congratulations to our new Experts!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nancy Selleck
10-23-2006, 11:25 AM
The Rider Index is determined using the following formula.

Rider Index = 1 - (Finishing Position / Number of Starters)

That is calculated for each race a person enters, then we take the average. Also the rider must have entered at least 15 races to be included.

Here is the link to the list:

http://www.cmraracing.com/results/2006/ri15/

Riders with a .600 and above are automatically moved up to Expert for 2007. Also, any Novice who won a 2006 Class Championship is automatically moved up to Expert.

The Board of Directors have decided that they will not consider any appeals until after each racer's second race weekend of 2007.

Congratulations to our new Experts!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
nancy,

do the prov nov races count when talking about rider index

thanks

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
nancy,

do the prov nov races count when talking about rider index

thanks

10-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Quick question...

The formula says "Number of Starters", but it appears that ya'll are including DNS's in that number. I'm not trying to complain or refute the numbers or anything, just wondering...

10-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Quick question...

The formula says "Number of Starters", but it appears that ya'll are including DNS's in that number. I'm not trying to complain or refute the numbers or anything, just wondering...

Nancy Selleck
10-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Bryan, after looking at the index for several of the riders listed, it does appear as though the Provisional Novice race is included.

Nancy Selleck
10-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Bryan, after looking at the index for several of the riders listed, it does appear as though the Provisional Novice race is included.

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
so it is going to count for the index???

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
so it is going to count for the index???

Jamie Weems
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Congratulations, Buck!! You did it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jamie Weems
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Congratulations, Buck!! You did it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Nancy Selleck
10-23-2006, 01:41 PM
It's in there, so it's counting.

Why wouldn't it/shouldn't it?

Nancy Selleck
10-23-2006, 01:41 PM
It's in there, so it's counting.

Why wouldn't it/shouldn't it?

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 02:16 PM
i was told about mid year that it was in the rule book that they dident count that's y i was asking. thanks

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 02:16 PM
i was told about mid year that it was in the rule book that they dident count that's y i was asking. thanks

Derek Delpero
10-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes, PN is included. There is no way currently to exclude a class. I might be overlooking something in the rules too, but I don't see anything that says it shouldn't be included.

DNS: I goofed. I'm not inclined to fix it though because I don't have the time and DNS data is not accurate. That is, getting the correct number is more than just correcting code; it also involves cleaning a lot of data. The fall back for any rider is that you can petition to stay a novice. Sorry for the mistake. I'll see what I can do about fixing it for next year.

Derek Delpero
10-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes, PN is included. There is no way currently to exclude a class. I might be overlooking something in the rules too, but I don't see anything that says it shouldn't be included.

DNS: I goofed. I'm not inclined to fix it though because I don't have the time and DNS data is not accurate. That is, getting the correct number is more than just correcting code; it also involves cleaning a lot of data. The fall back for any rider is that you can petition to stay a novice. Sorry for the mistake. I'll see what I can do about fixing it for next year.

10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks Derek... that's what I was wondering. It doesn't really affect me either way, but I just wanted to know if my interpretation of "Number of Starters" was wrong.

10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks Derek... that's what I was wondering. It doesn't really affect me either way, but I just wanted to know if my interpretation of "Number of Starters" was wrong.

tmx11
10-23-2006, 05:01 PM
This may be none of my business, and I'm definitly not trying to get anything started... Regardless, it doesn't effect me in any way, shape, or form.

I think the rider index pecentage rate is way to low. I think an index of 70-75% should be put in place. I think there are several riders that should be able to stay a novice. Instead most of them will just quit racing. Those people may have a chance of being in the top 3 to 5 of the points for next year as a novice, but since no appeals will be taken until two race weekends are completed. That ruins that for those riders, unless they get to bring thier points back down with them... Honestly, do any of you think that more than the top 10 or 15 of the riders should be bumped? The prove nov race also should be excluded because that is not the competition that our percentages are based upon.

I'm not asking for anything for myself, I can see that many of these people, will leave the CMRA, lose of funds and competitors. I know nothing can be done at this point, I would like to see for it to be considered in the future.

Here we go 10 pages...lol
Congrat's to all
Tony

tmx11
10-23-2006, 05:01 PM
This may be none of my business, and I'm definitly not trying to get anything started... Regardless, it doesn't effect me in any way, shape, or form.

I think the rider index pecentage rate is way to low. I think an index of 70-75% should be put in place. I think there are several riders that should be able to stay a novice. Instead most of them will just quit racing. Those people may have a chance of being in the top 3 to 5 of the points for next year as a novice, but since no appeals will be taken until two race weekends are completed. That ruins that for those riders, unless they get to bring thier points back down with them... Honestly, do any of you think that more than the top 10 or 15 of the riders should be bumped? The prove nov race also should be excluded because that is not the competition that our percentages are based upon.

I'm not asking for anything for myself, I can see that many of these people, will leave the CMRA, lose of funds and competitors. I know nothing can be done at this point, I would like to see for it to be considered in the future.

Here we go 10 pages...lol
Congrat's to all
Tony

binskies
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I can hear Nancy's head exploding from here! :p Here we go........again.

binskies
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I can hear Nancy's head exploding from here! :p Here we go........again.

Derek Delpero
10-23-2006, 07:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

</div></div>Doesn't the rule book say,

"Riders may decline advancement via writing or email to CMRA if they feel they are not ready to compete on the Expert level, and may or may not be allowed to retain Novice status pending review of the riderís performance and finishes by the CMRA Board of Directors."

So much for that rule book I'm always talking about. I guess I can't read it either, though. :rolleyes:

If a person is allowed to go back to novice after a review do they get to keep any of their points or are they out of luck?

Derek Delpero
10-23-2006, 07:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

</div></div>Doesn't the rule book say,

"Riders may decline advancement via writing or email to CMRA if they feel they are not ready to compete on the Expert level, and may or may not be allowed to retain Novice status pending review of the riderís performance and finishes by the CMRA Board of Directors."

So much for that rule book I'm always talking about. I guess I can't read it either, though. :rolleyes:

If a person is allowed to go back to novice after a review do they get to keep any of their points or are they out of luck?

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
that's what i thought the rule was also. i am not trying to make a big deal it's just that i crashed 4 times this year in my first year of racing and i have a .60 index so i have to move up????????

this is my ????

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
that's what i thought the rule was also. i am not trying to make a big deal it's just that i crashed 4 times this year in my first year of racing and i have a .60 index so i have to move up????????

this is my ????

Christopher Corder
10-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Jeez, finally. It took me three years and a stack of cash but I finally dont have to start at the kids table anymore. Woo hoo!

Christopher Corder
10-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Jeez, finally. It took me three years and a stack of cash but I finally dont have to start at the kids table anymore. Woo hoo!

Jim Falconi
10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Congrats to all riders who advanced to Expert status. The BOD made the decision to promote based on Index, Class Championship and other less tangible factors. I respect their opinion and judgement and look forward to 2007.

Jim Falconi
10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Congrats to all riders who advanced to Expert status. The BOD made the decision to promote based on Index, Class Championship and other less tangible factors. I respect their opinion and judgement and look forward to 2007.

NOAH BEARDEN
10-23-2006, 10:41 PM
just a thought for next year! now that we have an awsome timing and scoring system. what about using actual rider lap times, skipping a few races can do wonders for rider index. but lap times really say something about rider skill, you cant run in the top 10 novice, with lap times same as mid pack expert without doing something right.

NOAH BEARDEN
10-23-2006, 10:41 PM
just a thought for next year! now that we have an awsome timing and scoring system. what about using actual rider lap times, skipping a few races can do wonders for rider index. but lap times really say something about rider skill, you cant run in the top 10 novice, with lap times same as mid pack expert without doing something right.

xlr81dml
10-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Does anyone have any white vinyl?

xlr81dml
10-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Does anyone have any white vinyl?

NOAH BEARDEN
10-23-2006, 10:54 PM
opp's hit post before i was finished. All i was trying to say is that current system say's your an expert for how well you finish a race not how well you ride a bike and lap times just seem like a more accurate way to analize a riders skill.

NOAH BEARDEN
10-23-2006, 10:54 PM
opp's hit post before i was finished. All i was trying to say is that current system say's your an expert for how well you finish a race not how well you ride a bike and lap times just seem like a more accurate way to analize a riders skill.

SoReady600RR
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
hummm...cool i'll get faster!

SoReady600RR
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
hummm...cool i'll get faster!

Buck Beasley
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by christophercorder325:
Jeez, finally. It took me three years and a stack of cash but I finally dont have to start at the kids table anymore. Woo hoo! </div></div>AMEN............I guess..............

Buck Beasley
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by christophercorder325:
Jeez, finally. It took me three years and a stack of cash but I finally dont have to start at the kids table anymore. Woo hoo! </div></div>AMEN............I guess..............

Roger Albert
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Wait, if you're on that list, you've been promoted? Or only if on the list and above some numeric count? Do mini races count for this?
I can't imagine for a second why I'd be on here.
I've never even podium'd a big bike, except with other old guys in f40 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif And even my mini wins were all due to other's misfortune. I haven't _earned_ one yet (though I'd like to change that one day) I've seen me "race". It's not pretty.

Note, I'm not complaining. I'm just laughing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Roger Albert
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Wait, if you're on that list, you've been promoted? Or only if on the list and above some numeric count? Do mini races count for this?
I've never even podium'd a big bike, except with other old guys in f40 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif And even my mini wins were all due to other's misfortune. I haven't _earned_ one yet (though I'd like to change that one day) I've seen me "race". It's not pretty.

Note, I'm not complaining. I'm just laughing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

SoReady600RR
10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
.60 and above move up I think

SoReady600RR
10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
.60 and above move up I think

Marv Esterly
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Roger Albert:
Do mini races count for this?
I've never even podium'd a big bike, except with other old guys in f40 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif And even my mini wins were all due to other's misfortune. I haven't earned on yet (though I'd like to change that one day) I've seen me "race" It's not pretty. </div></div>You see Roger, I've learned over the past few months on the board that minis are much more difficult to ride than big bikes. These bikes are so close that you need double the skill level of a big bike jockey. My recommendation is that you need to get a liter bike for the 2007 season and use the hp to compensate for any skill deficiencies. All the cool guys are doing it! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Marv Esterly
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Roger Albert:
Do mini races count for this?
I've never even podium'd a big bike, except with other old guys in f40 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif And even my mini wins were all due to other's misfortune. I haven't earned on yet (though I'd like to change that one day) I've seen me "race" It's not pretty. </div></div>You see Roger, I've learned over the past few months on the board that minis are much more difficult to ride than big bikes. These bikes are so close that you need double the skill level of a big bike jockey. My recommendation is that you need to get a liter bike for the 2007 season and use the hp to compensate for any skill deficiencies. All the cool guys are doing it! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gil Epperson
10-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Ok please forgive my ignorance but I am a newbie here and first season,so if your name is on the list you get bumped up or only if you have a .6 or above you get bumped? Thanks

Gil Epperson
10-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Ok please forgive my ignorance but I am a newbie here and first season,so if your name is on the list you get bumped up or only if you have a .6 or above you get bumped? Thanks

txsilverR6
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
ONLY IF YOUR RIDER INDEX IS ABOVE .600, OR IF YOUR A NOVICE WHO HAS WON A CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP THEN YOU GET BUMPED

txsilverR6
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
ONLY IF YOUR RIDER INDEX IS ABOVE .600, OR IF YOUR A NOVICE WHO HAS WON A CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP THEN YOU GET BUMPED

Gil Epperson
10-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the fast answer and congrats to those who got bumped.

Gil Epperson
10-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the fast answer and congrats to those who got bumped.

Roger Albert
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Funny man Marv - I remember reading that too.
I must have it backwards, as I'm much less competitive on a big bike /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anyway, Whew, what a relief. I want to actually be good first, and maybe _then_ be an expert. Congrats to all those who did it though. It's gotta be cool.

Roger Albert
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Funny man Marv - I remember reading that too.
I must have it backwards, as I'm much less competitive on a big bike /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anyway, Whew, what a relief. I want to actually be good first, and maybe _then_ be an expert. Congrats to all those who did it though. It's gotta be cool.

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-24-2006, 07:33 PM
i dont think the prov nov race should be added in . the level of comp that u race in the prov nov is not the same as in ssb or ssc or any other class race.

so could someone race all the prov nov races 10 and race in 5 other classes in a year finish 1st in the prob nov and 18 in the other and if it comes out above .6 then they are an expert???

just want some more info for my friends that are starting to race next year??

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-24-2006, 07:33 PM
i dont think the prov nov race should be added in . the level of comp that u race in the prov nov is not the same as in ssb or ssc or any other class race.

so could someone race all the prov nov races 10 and race in 5 other classes in a year finish 1st in the prob nov and 18 in the other and if it comes out above .6 then they are an expert???

just want some more info for my friends that are starting to race next year??

Nancy Selleck
10-24-2006, 07:41 PM
The Prov Nov race is not a requirement for Prov Novs. It is optional. It is a learning race for Prov Novs and for Prov Novs only.

Once a rider has done two race weekends without crashing and their cornerworking, they are no longer a Prov Nov and can no longer compete in that race.

Perhaps we should limit Prov Novs to two times only for 2007?

Nancy Selleck
10-24-2006, 07:41 PM
The Prov Nov race is not a requirement for Prov Novs. It is optional. It is a learning race for Prov Novs and for Prov Novs only.

Once a rider has done two race weekends without crashing and their cornerworking, they are no longer a Prov Nov and can no longer compete in that race.

Perhaps we should limit Prov Novs to two times only for 2007?

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-24-2006, 07:46 PM
that's my point. i was told that i didnet have to turn my pink slip in i could keep racing prov nov. but my point is it should not count tword the rider index b/c as u said it is for learning only it is not a competitive class!!!!

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-24-2006, 07:46 PM
that's my point. i was told that i didnet have to turn my pink slip in i could keep racing prov nov. but my point is it should not count tword the rider index b/c as u said it is for learning only it is not a competitive class!!!!

Shane Zelm
10-25-2006, 03:00 AM
DNS: I goofed. I'm not inclined to fix it though because I don't have the time and DNS data is not accurate.

so would i have still have been bumped to expert? even though it will not be changed i would still like to know for my own reasons. thanks.

Shane Zelm
10-25-2006, 03:00 AM
DNS: I goofed. I'm not inclined to fix it though because I don't have the time and DNS data is not accurate.

so would i have still have been bumped to expert? even though it will not be changed i would still like to know for my own reasons. thanks.

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Bryan, I'm interested to know specifically WHO told you not to turn in your pink slip. There are signature lines on the license and it says that once all four have been signed that you are to turn it in to Registration. It doesn't say to keep competing as a Prov Nov all year long.

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Bryan, I'm interested to know specifically WHO told you not to turn in your pink slip. There are signature lines on the license and it says that once all four have been signed that you are to turn it in to Registration. It doesn't say to keep competing as a Prov Nov all year long.

Jason Keene
10-25-2006, 09:01 AM
The whole prov nov race thing has gotten out of hand... Time and time again I've heard the same nonsense about not turning in your pink slip so the rider can still run the PN race for whatever reason.

Get rid of the race and get rid of this problem.

I constantly see folks trying to cheat on tech inspection and choosing to not attend riders meetings. Policing ourselves does not work. The prov nov deal is just one more headache to deal with and I don't believe the staff needs the headache or the membership deserves to be cheated over this type of nonsense.

Jason Keene
10-25-2006, 09:01 AM
The whole prov nov race thing has gotten out of hand... Time and time again I've heard the same nonsense about not turning in your pink slip so the rider can still run the PN race for whatever reason.

Get rid of the race and get rid of this problem.

I constantly see folks trying to cheat on tech inspection and choosing to not attend riders meetings. Policing ourselves does not work. The prov nov deal is just one more headache to deal with and I don't believe the staff needs the headache or the membership deserves to be cheated over this type of nonsense.

Christopher Corder
10-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Jason,

I couldnt agree more. I believe the admin nightmare created by the PN race is not worth the trouble. And as far as riders meetings are concerned, I notice a lot of familiar (fast) faces missing on a regular basis.

Christopher Corder
10-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Jason,

I couldnt agree more. I believe the admin nightmare created by the PN race is not worth the trouble. And as far as riders meetings are concerned, I notice a lot of familiar (fast) faces missing on a regular basis.

Kevin
10-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Jason, If you see people trying to cheat in tech, or not come to tech by obtaining a sticker by some other means, tell Derek, Gary or me and the person WILL BE DELT WITH!!! They won't like me when I'm REALLY PISSED.

Kevin, the grumpy,ancient,injured tech guy

Kevin
10-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Jason, If you see people trying to cheat in tech, or not come to tech by obtaining a sticker by some other means, tell Derek, Gary or me and the person WILL BE DELT WITH!!! They won't like me when I'm REALLY PISSED.

Kevin, the grumpy,ancient,injured tech guy

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
The whole "trying to cheat the system/circumvent the rules" thing really wears me out. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
The whole "trying to cheat the system/circumvent the rules" thing really wears me out. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

10-25-2006, 09:58 AM
why don't we just make the PN race a mandatory unofficial race, just for practice. No points or trophies or anything and doesn't figure into the rider index. They would still have to pay for it b/c it's taking time out of the day, but would only be required to enter it two times, then turn in their pink slip and advance to novice. I would think it being an unofficial race would discourage people from trying to "cheat" and stay a PN, but if not... anyone caught racing the PN more than 2 (or maybe 3) times will have to endure ridicule and shame from the smack pack /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10-25-2006, 09:58 AM
why don't we just make the PN race a mandatory unofficial race, just for practice. No points or trophies or anything and doesn't figure into the rider index. They would still have to pay for it b/c it's taking time out of the day, but would only be required to enter it two times, then turn in their pink slip and advance to novice. I would think it being an unofficial race would discourage people from trying to "cheat" and stay a PN, but if not... anyone caught racing the PN more than 2 (or maybe 3) times will have to endure ridicule and shame from the smack pack /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Christopher Corder
10-25-2006, 10:00 AM
I guess I just dont see how racing in a race with a bunch of other inexperienced riders gets you ready to be on the track with Wesby, West, Howard, etc.

Christopher Corder
10-25-2006, 10:00 AM
I guess I just dont see how racing in a race with a bunch of other inexperienced riders gets you ready to be on the track with Wesby, West, Howard, etc.

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Shane Zelm:

so would i have still have been bumped to expert? even though it will not be changed i would still like to know for my own reasons. thanks. </div></div>Sure, go through each race and figure out the real number of starters. Then recalculate each index and take the average. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I can't do that for everyone.

Also keep in mind that the number could have just as easily been .59. I'm fairly certain the people at or right around the .60 cut off got the most attention. That is, your results and laptimes were probably reviewed more closely than someone with a .7 index.

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Shane Zelm:

so would i have still have been bumped to expert? even though it will not be changed i would still like to know for my own reasons. thanks. </div></div>Sure, go through each race and figure out the real number of starters. Then recalculate each index and take the average. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I can't do that for everyone.

Also keep in mind that the number could have just as easily been .59. I'm fairly certain the people at or right around the .60 cut off got the most attention. That is, your results and laptimes were probably reviewed more closely than someone with a .7 index.

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Shane, Here is your answer!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/prouser2/zelm.jpg

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Shane, Here is your answer!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/prouser2/zelm.jpg

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 10:53 AM
David, the Prov Nov race IS an unofficial race for practice only. But it is not mandatory, it's optional. Not everyone wants/needs to run that race. It was designed as a practice race for newbies to get their feet wet in a race setting. That's all.

Our results page may show points for that class, but they don't mean anything. There are no trophies or championships for that "class".

Anyone who raced it more than two or three times or who did so after completing two race weekends without crashing, broke the rules for that "class".

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 10:53 AM
David, the Prov Nov race IS an unofficial race for practice only. But it is not mandatory, it's optional. Not everyone wants/needs to run that race. It was designed as a practice race for newbies to get their feet wet in a race setting. That's all.

Our results page may show points for that class, but they don't mean anything. There are no trophies or championships for that "class".

Anyone who raced it more than two or three times or who did so after completing two race weekends without crashing, broke the rules for that "class".

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Derek,

please call me. 501-626-3562

thanks bryan

bryane@sbcglobal.net
Derek,

please call me. 501-626-3562

thanks bryan

THOMAS MAGNUS
This was my first year racing and it turned out to be a pretty good season. i had my share of wrecks and my share of good times. I just think that instead of some people trying to find ways of getting out of becoming an expert they should take it as a compliment. if you ride with experts youre going to become an expert. I personally do not think im ready to be an expert. i cant even win a novice race but whatever i will deal with it. im only going to get faster and thats the way some other people should look at it. i really dont feel like getting it handed to me next year by the faster guys but if youre not in this sport to improve exactly what are you in it for?
I will see the experts next year!

THOMAS MAGNUS
This was my first year racing and it turned out to be a pretty good season. i had my share of wrecks and my share of good times. I just think that instead of some people trying to find ways of getting out of becoming an expert they should take it as a compliment. if you ride with experts youre going to become an expert. I personally do not think im ready to be an expert. i cant even win a novice race but whatever i will deal with it. im only going to get faster and thats the way some other people should look at it. i really dont feel like getting it handed to me next year by the faster guys but if youre not in this sport to improve exactly what are you in it for?
I will see the experts next year!

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Chris, one thing you need to look for is people set to a DNS that DID actually start the race but didn't finish the first lap. You should be able to tell that by that person having a lap deficit. For example Event 2 (MSR) Race #4 - Roger Murray more than likely started the race but for reasons unknown didn't finish a lap. That's one of the reasons why I can't just fix the numbers.

Derek

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Chris, one thing you need to look for is people set to a DNS that DID actually start the race but didn't finish the first lap. You should be able to tell that by that person having a lap deficit. For example Event 2 (MSR) Race #4 - Roger Murray more than likely started the race but for reasons unknown didn't finish a lap. That's one of the reasons why I can't just fix the numbers.

Derek

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Bryan - PM me if you have a question.

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Bryan - PM me if you have a question.

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I understand your pain Derek and am not pointing fingers. This was just a quick exercise on my part. I really only looked at people who had lap times displayed for each race Mr. Zelm entered. Meaning they at least finished 1 lap, that's good enough to count as the starting grid.

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I understand your pain Derek and am not pointing fingers. This was just a quick exercise on my part. I really only looked at people who had lap times displayed for each race Mr. Zelm entered. Meaning they at least finished 1 lap, that's good enough to count as the starting grid.

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
derek pm sent

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
derek pm sent

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Actually, no it's not good enough. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Your exercised showed how much 1 or 2 entries makes a difference for an index. So if it was done correctly then Shane's index will be slightly higher than your calculation and slightly lower than my calculation.

But, I stand my point that a .6 cut off could have been any other number and those at or around the cut off were probably given the most scrutiny.

Maybe someone on the BOD could elaborate on that??????????

Derek Delpero
10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Actually, no it's not good enough. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Your exercised showed how much 1 or 2 entries makes a difference for an index. So if it was done correctly then Shane's index will be slightly higher than your calculation and slightly lower than my calculation.

But, I stand my point that a .6 cut off could have been any other number and those at or around the cut off were probably given the most scrutiny.

Maybe someone on the BOD could elaborate on that??????????

tmx11
10-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Nancy,

I don't think anyone was implying on cheating the system by racing the prov nov race...

If I interpret it correctly.. and I qoute that you said "the prov nov race is an unofficial race" and the points don't mean anything." I think Bryan was implying that if he wanted a high riders index, he could have competed in the prov nov race and ended up with a high riders index. I think in his case, the numbers, and the average was barely bumped over the .6 threshhold, had that not been figured into it, he wouldn't have gotten bumped...

I must say again, I may not be ready, but I am looking foreward to next year.... So no negative comments please... I only posted what I did, for the riders I thought may deserve another chance at next year as a novice, in no way am I insulting anyones skills or integrity.

If anything review those riders right at the mark and refigure only those that it would make a difference in, so that they have a chance at points for next year. Again I'm asking for nothing, I'm speaking for riders I know, and those I don't know. If it were put into review, and established a higher riders index, could put an end to all the protests. the riders with a .7 index, have no way to protest, they are fast and what I would conside ready for the expert class.

tmx11
10-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Nancy,

I don't think anyone was implying on cheating the system by racing the prov nov race...

If I interpret it correctly.. and I qoute that you said "the prov nov race is an unofficial race" and the points don't mean anything." I think Bryan was implying that if he wanted a high riders index, he could have competed in the prov nov race and ended up with a high riders index. I think in his case, the numbers, and the average was barely bumped over the .6 threshhold, had that not been figured into it, he wouldn't have gotten bumped...

I must say again, I may not be ready, but I am looking foreward to next year.... So no negative comments please... I only posted what I did, for the riders I thought may deserve another chance at next year as a novice, in no way am I insulting anyones skills or integrity.

If anything review those riders right at the mark and refigure only those that it would make a difference in, so that they have a chance at points for next year. Again I'm asking for nothing, I'm speaking for riders I know, and those I don't know. If it were put into review, and established a higher riders index, could put an end to all the protests. the riders with a .7 index, have no way to protest, they are fast and what I would conside ready for the expert class.

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Tony, as Derek as pointed out a couple of times, 0.6 is a random cutoff point. The Board of Directors could have just as easily chosen 0.45 or 0.69 ... the rulebook leaves it up to them to decide.

The real problem here is that at the end of 2006 there are @ 250 Experts and @ 500 Novices. For 2007 only 29 of the Novices are being advanced to Expert. The numbers are a little out of whack, wouldn't you say?

Ideally we should be moving up between 50 and 75 Novices every year and then it wouldn't be such a big deal to be bumped up. New Experts would still be racing with the same 50-75 riders that they raced with the previous year as Novices. Instead of gridding on the Novice grid, they'd be gridding on the Expert grid. Some would be able to hang with the faster previous year Experts, but most would be hanging with the new Experts (previous year Novices).

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Tony, as Derek as pointed out a couple of times, 0.6 is a random cutoff point. The Board of Directors could have just as easily chosen 0.45 or 0.69 ... the rulebook leaves it up to them to decide.

The real problem here is that at the end of 2006 there are @ 250 Experts and @ 500 Novices. For 2007 only 29 of the Novices are being advanced to Expert. The numbers are a little out of whack, wouldn't you say?

Ideally we should be moving up between 50 and 75 Novices every year and then it wouldn't be such a big deal to be bumped up. New Experts would still be racing with the same 50-75 riders that they raced with the previous year as Novices. Instead of gridding on the Novice grid, they'd be gridding on the Expert grid. Some would be able to hang with the faster previous year Experts, but most would be hanging with the new Experts (previous year Novices).

Shane Zelm
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
thank you for your responses derek and chris. judging by the comments and calculations i understand i would not have been promoted to expert. however, i agree with thomas's comment about riding with faster people will help you go faster. when i saw my name on the list i was excited because that was the first idea that popped in my head. even though i don't feel i am an expert i will gain more from doing practice sessions and races with them rather than the novice class. my initial question was not a complaint, just something i was wondering. i'm already prepping the bike for white plates. thanks for the responses.

Shane Zelm
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
thank you for your responses derek and chris. judging by the comments and calculations i understand i would not have been promoted to expert. however, i agree with thomas's comment about riding with faster people will help you go faster. when i saw my name on the list i was excited because that was the first idea that popped in my head. even though i don't feel i am an expert i will gain more from doing practice sessions and races with them rather than the novice class. my initial question was not a complaint, just something i was wondering. i'm already prepping the bike for white plates. thanks for the responses.

tmx11
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I realize there are many more novices, than experts. I'm not trying to argue. Every year everyone protests and say, "I never finished better than 6th, why should I have to move up" I'm not questioning anyones decision. on a grid of 40, a 16th place finish, would be considered an expert average.

Of all the novices and experts, I would say 30-40 novices are regular competitors, every weekend, I would say more experts are race regulars. Novices come and go, the experts that race are here to stay. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'll just drop it from here, somehow, I saw logic in my point. If no one agree's that's fine. I was just trying to point out a problem from the riders point of veiw, and offer an opinion based on what I thought may bring resolution.

It seems every year the same problems arise. I know you can't please everyone, but a non arguable system. Could in fact, reduce your stress Nancy. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

tmx11
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I realize there are many more novices, than experts. I'm not trying to argue. Every year everyone protests and say, "I never finished better than 6th, why should I have to move up" I'm not questioning anyones decision. on a grid of 40, a 16th place finish, would be considered an expert average.

Of all the novices and experts, I would say 30-40 novices are regular competitors, every weekend, I would say more experts are race regulars. Novices come and go, the experts that race are here to stay. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'll just drop it from here, somehow, I saw logic in my point. If no one agree's that's fine. I was just trying to point out a problem from the riders point of veiw, and offer an opinion based on what I thought may bring resolution.

It seems every year the same problems arise. I know you can't please everyone, but a non arguable system. Could in fact, reduce your stress Nancy. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Ah, yes...if only there were such a thing as a "non-arguable system"! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Ah, yes...if only there were such a thing as a "non-arguable system"! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-25-2006, 12:31 PM
along with what tony is saying the prov is a "practice" then it should not count to the index with it i have a .6002. . . . with out the prov nov i have .5756 . . . . going back and taking the actual people who grided up. i have a .5363 still not good enough to move up

agen im not being negative. just trying to give it to you rom "A riders point of veiw"

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-25-2006, 12:31 PM
along with what tony is saying the prov is a "practice" then it should not count to the index with it i have a .6002. . . . with out the prov nov i have .5756 . . . . going back and taking the actual people who grided up. i have a .5363 still not good enough to move up

agen im not being negative. just trying to give it to you rom "A riders point of veiw"

SoReady600RR
10-25-2006, 02:16 PM
"the riders with a .7 index, have no way to protest, they are fast and what I would conside ready for the expert class. "

Hmmmmmm...

SoReady600RR
10-25-2006, 02:16 PM
"the riders with a .7 index, have no way to protest, they are fast and what I would conside ready for the expert class. "

Hmmmmmm...

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Please folks, read the first post of this thread!!

Riders with 0.6 and above (in bold below) are moved to Expert...not EVERYONE on this list.

0.9459214 - Kelsey, Danny
0.8725164 - Moore, Tony
0.8581070 - Schutz, Clayton
0.8332829 - Hunt, Jeremy
0.8184614 - Gardner, Nathan
0.7767263 - Harrell, Michael
0.7532375 - Kitchen, Cody
0.7427085 - LeMaire, Bryan
0.7359325 - Magnus, Thomas
0.7273817 - Lang, David
0.7190970 - Beasley, Buck
0.7134748 - Newman, Frank
0.7099749 - Klepper, Mark
0.7057796 - Taylor, David
0.7031308 - Eder, Roy
0.6849124 - Asbury, Heather
0.6752793 - Dupuis, Susette
0.6447273 - Fleeman, Todd
0.6440446 - Wilkinson, Paul
0.6371812 - Giarratano, Gary
0.6353183 - Corder, Christopher
0.6325620 - Kline, Mark
0.6222422 - McKeown, Leo
0.6139856 - Rodriguez, Mauricio
0.6021919 - Edmonson, Bryan
0.6014587 - Zelm, Shane
0.5975286 - Accardo, Chris
0.5930333 - Fox, Brian
0.5897549 - Thandassery, Sunil
0.5878946 - Stohrer, Patrick
0.5846645 - Raley, Joe
0.5774660 - Nolden, David
0.5505425 - Lohr, Buddy
0.5478883 - Holderness, Chris
0.5412934 - Kutalek, Chris
0.5346071 - Corley, Freddie
0.5333327 - Green, Russel
0.5319464 - Johnson, Blaine
0.4894246 - Kumper, Jeromy
0.4787603 - Christine, Charles
0.4787291 - Jordan, Jeff
0.4658572 - Wilson, David W.
0.4656043 - Chason, Tim
0.4383697 - Lee, Billy
0.4308484 - Albert, Roger
0.4135859 - Carter, Willie
0.4049420 - Chapman, Jake
0.4033756 - Wang, Tony
0.3877383 - Marshall, Travis
0.3676296 - Callahan, Pierson
0.3601258 - West, A.J.
0.3387927 - Honzell, Torrey
0.3005859 - Falconi, Jim
0.2995798 - Gardner, Slade
0.2906253 - Johanson, Ashley
0.2895539 - Magnus, Larry
0.2708381 - Johnson, Harold
0.2298258 - Epperson, Gilbert
0.2032385 - Beedle, Marcus
0.1967849 - Coker, Lenny
0.1758278 - Henry, Lee
0.1594686 - Smith, Stephen W.

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Please folks, read the first post of this thread!!

Riders with 0.6 and above (in bold below) are moved to Expert...not EVERYONE on this list.

0.9459214 - Kelsey, Danny
0.8725164 - Moore, Tony
0.8581070 - Schutz, Clayton
0.8332829 - Hunt, Jeremy
0.8184614 - Gardner, Nathan
0.7767263 - Harrell, Michael
0.7532375 - Kitchen, Cody
0.7427085 - LeMaire, Bryan
0.7359325 - Magnus, Thomas
0.7273817 - Lang, David
0.7190970 - Beasley, Buck
0.7134748 - Newman, Frank
0.7099749 - Klepper, Mark
0.7057796 - Taylor, David
0.7031308 - Eder, Roy
0.6849124 - Asbury, Heather
0.6752793 - Dupuis, Susette
0.6447273 - Fleeman, Todd
0.6440446 - Wilkinson, Paul
0.6371812 - Giarratano, Gary
0.6353183 - Corder, Christopher
0.6325620 - Kline, Mark
0.6222422 - McKeown, Leo
0.6139856 - Rodriguez, Mauricio
0.6021919 - Edmonson, Bryan
0.6014587 - Zelm, Shane
0.5975286 - Accardo, Chris
0.5930333 - Fox, Brian
0.5897549 - Thandassery, Sunil
0.5878946 - Stohrer, Patrick
0.5846645 - Raley, Joe
0.5774660 - Nolden, David
0.5505425 - Lohr, Buddy
0.5478883 - Holderness, Chris
0.5412934 - Kutalek, Chris
0.5346071 - Corley, Freddie
0.5333327 - Green, Russel
0.5319464 - Johnson, Blaine
0.4894246 - Kumper, Jeromy
0.4787603 - Christine, Charles
0.4787291 - Jordan, Jeff
0.4658572 - Wilson, David W.
0.4656043 - Chason, Tim
0.4383697 - Lee, Billy
0.4308484 - Albert, Roger
0.4135859 - Carter, Willie
0.4049420 - Chapman, Jake
0.4033756 - Wang, Tony
0.3877383 - Marshall, Travis
0.3676296 - Callahan, Pierson
0.3601258 - West, A.J.
0.3387927 - Honzell, Torrey
0.3005859 - Falconi, Jim
0.2995798 - Gardner, Slade
0.2906253 - Johanson, Ashley
0.2895539 - Magnus, Larry
0.2708381 - Johnson, Harold
0.2298258 - Epperson, Gilbert
0.2032385 - Beedle, Marcus
0.1967849 - Coker, Lenny
0.1758278 - Henry, Lee
0.1594686 - Smith, Stephen W.

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 03:10 PM
But if someone were to not be in your highlighted list, and have won a championship they get moved.....Correct?
Mainly in regards to Mr. Accardo, he won the Formula 40 Lightweight Novice championship! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

edit: Nancy that is a hilarious title you have adorned yourself! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 03:10 PM
But if someone were to not be in your highlighted list, and have won a championship they get moved.....Correct?
Mainly in regards to Mr. Accardo, he won the Formula 40 Lightweight Novice championship! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

edit: Nancy that is a hilarious title you have adorned yourself! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, yes, yes! Read my first post in this thread!!!

Anyone who won a Class Championship is also moved up to Expert. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Thanks...I'll be updating it periodically. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nancy Selleck
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, yes, yes! Read my first post in this thread!!!

Anyone who won a Class Championship is also moved up to Expert. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Thanks...I'll be updating it periodically. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Roger Albert
10-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I'd like to see everyone at or above .55 bumped.
Plus, Holderness. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Roger Albert
10-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I'd like to see everyone at or above .55 bumped.
Plus, Holderness. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
No chance there Roger! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You getta play in LWland with me next season! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

txsilverR6
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
No chance there Roger! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You getta play in LWland with me next season! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Chris Kotowski
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Take a minute and look at your lap times. If you're within 10 seconds a lap of the fastest expert in the classes you run the chances of you getting lapped are slim. Your not promoted when your ready to contest for wins, Your bumped up when you safe enough to run with the fastest riders this club can produce. The riders index is nothing more but a mathmatical mean of calling attention to a rider. If your lap times are credible and your riding at speed is safe then its time to hone your skills with those that will make you faster. Uses this time to come to grips with this validation of your riding ability and be ready come first race. I'm looking forward to gridding up with all of you.

Chris K
BOD

Chris Kotowski
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Take a minute and look at your lap times. If you're within 10 seconds a lap of the fastest expert in the classes you run the chances of you getting lapped are slim. Your not promoted when your ready to contest for wins, Your bumped up when you safe enough to run with the fastest riders this club can produce. The riders index is nothing more but a mathmatical mean of calling attention to a rider. If your lap times are credible and your riding at speed is safe then its time to hone your skills with those that will make you faster. Uses this time to come to grips with this validation of your riding ability and be ready come first race. I'm looking forward to gridding up with all of you.

Chris K
BOD

Roger Albert
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
> No chance there Roger!
> You getta play in LWland with me next season!

Exactly my fear. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Man, you killed on your very first day on the SV at TWS. I was impressed and humbled (racing has given me plenty of practice at the latter). I was going to upgrade my motor, but now I need the slow thing as my excuse
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If you'd done more sprints, you'd have been bumped for sure. Killer job. Congrats to you along with all the new experts.

Roger Albert
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
> No chance there Roger!
> You getta play in LWland with me next season!

Exactly my fear. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Man, you killed on your very first day on the SV at TWS. I was impressed and humbled (racing has given me plenty of practice at the latter). I was going to upgrade my motor, but now I need the slow thing as my excuse
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If you'd done more sprints, you'd have been bumped for sure. Killer job. Congrats to you along with all the new experts.

binskies
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Bring it on Chris! You're gonna have to deal with ME in LWland next season. :p

Sorry for the hi-jack. Back to the regularly scheduled bickering. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

binskies
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Bring it on Chris! You're gonna have to deal with ME in LWland next season. :p

Sorry for the hi-jack. Back to the regularly scheduled bickering. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Shane Zelm
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
+1 Chris. Thank you and I will see you next year(or the banquet if you can make it).

Shane Zelm
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
+1 Chris. Thank you and I will see you next year(or the banquet if you can make it).

txsilverR6
10-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I can't make the banquet....I am leaving for Bangalore, India for business travel for 2 weeks. You guys/gals have a great time, take lots of photos, and post them on the board so I can see what I missed. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

edit: For Robin....girlfriend you best represent then! :p

txsilverR6
10-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I can't make the banquet....I am leaving for Bangalore, India for business travel for 2 weeks. You guys/gals have a great time, take lots of photos, and post them on the board so I can see what I missed. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

edit: For Robin....girlfriend you best represent then! :p

Tim Chason
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
It seems to me the longer you race in this club the bigger your blinders get /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif The prov nov race is a good thing no its a great thing. This is comming from the ProvNov CHAMP /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif My first race I was scared as shoooooot.I cant even think what would have happend if I had to line up with experts /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Lap times are lap times they dont lie. I dont understand if your fast enough to move to expert why would you want to stay in novice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I guess its like kicking the *** of the smallest guy in your class. Makes you feel like a man :rolleyes: TIIIMMMY

Tim Chason
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
It seems to me the longer you race in this club the bigger your blinders get /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif The prov nov race is a good thing no its a great thing. This is comming from the ProvNov CHAMP /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif My first race I was scared as shoooooot.I cant even think what would have happend if I had to line up with experts /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Lap times are lap times they dont lie. I dont understand if your fast enough to move to expert why would you want to stay in novice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I guess its like kicking the *** of the smallest guy in your class. Makes you feel like a man :rolleyes: TIIIMMMY

10-26-2006, 03:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Tim Chason:
I dont understand if your fast enough to move to expert why would you want to stay in novice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I guess its like kicking the *** of the smallest guy in your class. Makes you feel like a man :rolleyes: TIIIMMMY </div></div>says the guy who ran the prov nov race 5 times this season... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10-26-2006, 03:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Tim Chason:
I dont understand if your fast enough to move to expert why would you want to stay in novice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I guess its like kicking the *** of the smallest guy in your class. Makes you feel like a man :rolleyes: TIIIMMMY </div></div>says the guy who ran the prov nov race 5 times this season... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brad Thomas
10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
It seems to me a first year member that has posted 751 times and thinks nobody has heard someone..........who........has an opinion on everything they don't have much experience with, should install a filter between his brain and his mouth.
Dude, STFU!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
:p
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
:rolleyes:

Brad Thomas
10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
It seems to me a first year member that has posted 751 times and thinks nobody has heard someone..........who........has an opinion on everything they don't have much experience with, should install a filter between his brain and his mouth.
Dude, STFU!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
:p
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
:rolleyes:

Linz Leard
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
>>>posted 751 times

Tim's posting index (number of posts/length of time on BBS) is at the top the leader board! Can he win the 2006 Posting Championship, the most coveted of all the CMRA championships? We shall see, but smart money says "yes"! I hope you're wearing your stickers properly, Tim. You don't want to get DQd in post-tech and not collect that contingency cash! :p

Linz Leard
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
>>>posted 751 times

Tim's posting index (number of posts/length of time on BBS) is at the top the leader board! Can he win the 2006 Posting Championship, the most coveted of all the CMRA championships? We shall see, but smart money says "yes"! I hope you're wearing your stickers properly, Tim. You don't want to get DQd in post-tech and not collect that contingency cash! :p

Christopher Corder
10-26-2006, 04:54 PM
You should let that banned dude (Jesse?) back on here WITH Tim. It would be awesome.

Christopher Corder
10-26-2006, 04:54 PM
You should let that banned dude (Jesse?) back on here WITH Tim. It would be awesome.

Jason Keene
10-26-2006, 06:07 PM
jessie davis and timmyyy for the BOD.... LOL

Jason Keene
10-26-2006, 06:07 PM
jessie davis and timmyyy for the BOD.... LOL

Tim Chason
10-26-2006, 07:39 PM
NNNolden I would have done it more but they wouldnt let me. :p Brad I have experience with the prov nov HELLO! [STFU] Dude thats not very nice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif TIIIMMMMY

Tim Chason
10-26-2006, 07:39 PM
NNNolden I would have done it more but they wouldnt let me. :p Brad I have experience with the prov nov HELLO! [STFU] Dude thats not very nice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif TIIIMMMMY

LUKECONLIN
10-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I didn't get the bump, but feel that I'm ready to put on white plate. How do I make that request?

LUKECONLIN
10-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I didn't get the bump, but feel that I'm ready to put on white plate. How do I make that request?

Kevin
10-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Post tech for the 'most posts' will include, but not be limited to, correct sponsor stickers placed over mouth, and having ones drain plug saftey wired to their exhaust port. Are you man enough Timmmmmy? (for those with out a sense of humor, this is a joke!!!)

Kevin, the grumpy, ancient,stuuupid tech guy

Kevin
10-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Post tech for the 'most posts' will include, but not be limited to, correct sponsor stickers placed over mouth, and having ones drain plug saftey wired to their exhaust port. Are you man enough Timmmmmy? (for those with out a sense of humor, this is a joke!!!)

Kevin, the grumpy, ancient,stuuupid tech guy

Nancy Selleck
10-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Luke, 2006 rulebook, page 5, paragraph 4.

Nancy Selleck
10-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Luke, 2006 rulebook, page 5, paragraph 4.

Tim Chason
10-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Kevin real men ride PINK /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :p :p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY

Tim Chason
10-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Kevin real men ride PINK /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :p :p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY

Linz Leard
10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Kevin real men ride PINK /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :p :p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY </div></div>Team Swine Dudes (later Team Pearls) broke ground here in the early 1990s.

Linz Leard
10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Kevin real men ride PINK /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :p :p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY </div></div>Team Swine Dudes (later Team Pearls) broke ground here in the early 1990s.

Keith Hertell
10-29-2006, 02:14 AM
http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-Country.jpg

Keith Hertell
10-29-2006, 02:14 AM
http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-Country.jpg

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-31-2006, 01:50 PM
READY FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!

"IM AN EXPERT/??? SWEET!!!!!"

bryane@sbcglobal.net
10-31-2006, 01:50 PM
READY FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!

"IM AN EXPERT/??? SWEET!!!!!"

jroberts5407
10-31-2006, 07:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Luke Conlin:
I didn't get the bump, but feel that I'm ready to put on white plate. How do I make that request? </div></div>I'll second that. Luke is ready /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Plus I want him out of novice so I'll have a better chance LOL

jroberts5407
10-31-2006, 07:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Luke Conlin:
I didn't get the bump, but feel that I'm ready to put on white plate. How do I make that request? </div></div>I'll second that. Luke is ready /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Plus I want him out of novice so I'll have a better chance LOL

Tim Chason
11-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Keith you little sexy thing you :rolleyes: Linz lets ride. Dust off the cob webs and lets ride.I seen Nick and hes down. Lets doit. TIIIMMMMY

Tim Chason
11-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Keith you little sexy thing you :rolleyes: Linz lets ride. Dust off the cob webs and lets ride.I seen Nick and hes down. Lets doit. TIIIMMMMY

Buddy Lohr
11-20-2006, 12:31 PM
I think there was a mistake in my index...Racing results (.55) + kids graduated from college and high school,(2.0) gives me a 2.55 and I should be moved up. Plus, I want to play with my friends.

Buddy Lohr
11-20-2006, 12:31 PM
I think there was a mistake in my index...Racing results (.55) + kids graduated from college and high school,(2.0) gives me a 2.55 and I should be moved up. Plus, I want to play with my friends.

Jonathan Wright
11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Yay! New kiddies to play with!!!

Congrats to you guys that are promoted.

I'll admit, I wasn't too sure about being promoted to expert, but, well...it's a good thing.

Jonathan Wright
11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Yay! New kiddies to play with!!!

Congrats to you guys that are promoted.

I'll admit, I wasn't too sure about being promoted to expert, but, well...it's a good thing.