PDA

View Full Version : Chuck chuck chuck Mccoy!

SMILEYMAN
09-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Thanks for your concern Chuck! I will be all healed and repaired by Cresson 'cept the rib. I hope we can practice together and you can show me some lines. I been thinkin bout entering the endurance in order to get extra practice, but I don't know the logistics yet. Have you gotten ahold of an SV yet?

SMILEYMAN
09-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Thanks for your concern Chuck! I will be all healed and repaired by Cresson 'cept the rib. I hope we can practice together and you can show me some lines. I been thinkin bout entering the endurance in order to get extra practice, but I don't know the logistics yet. Have you gotten ahold of an SV yet?

ChuckMcCoy
09-25-2002, 03:15 PM
What's this about a rib! Thought the message board said you were OK. I know "OK" has a pretty broad definition around here...but still. Like, it's "OK" if a rib is broken, "Pretty Good" if it went through a lung but you didn't drown, and "Kinda hurt" if it came out the other side. Guess you're in the "OK" category or better, yes?

Haven't got an SV ride for Cresson; definatly going to take some time w/ Bentley on the XR100 during mini-endurance. If you wanna do some endurance on your Sv, I'd be glad to participate! More than glad, actually. Logisticts are pretty easy, really. Trick is that grids are limited to 50 at Cresson, so gotta pre-register to be sure. Wanna talk? call 214-321-9107 or e-mail mccoys@airmail.net

C.

ChuckMcCoy
09-25-2002, 03:15 PM
What's this about a rib! Thought the message board said you were OK. I know "OK" has a pretty broad definition around here...but still. Like, it's "OK" if a rib is broken, "Pretty Good" if it went through a lung but you didn't drown, and "Kinda hurt" if it came out the other side. Guess you're in the "OK" category or better, yes?

Haven't got an SV ride for Cresson; definatly going to take some time w/ Bentley on the XR100 during mini-endurance. If you wanna do some endurance on your Sv, I'd be glad to participate! More than glad, actually. Logisticts are pretty easy, really. Trick is that grids are limited to 50 at Cresson, so gotta pre-register to be sure. Wanna talk? call 214-321-9107 or e-mail mccoys@airmail.net

C.

DwayneSowell
09-25-2002, 04:45 PM
Hay, don't forget about me #866 i'm ready to do some endurance on sat with you, and i'll even go slow!!! call me 318-868-6564 Hope you are ok!! talk to ya soon

DwayneSowell
09-25-2002, 04:45 PM
Hay, don't forget about me #866 i'm ready to do some endurance on sat with you, and i'll even go slow!!! call me 318-868-6564 Hope you are ok!! talk to ya soon

SMILEYMAN
09-26-2002, 09:01 AM
OK fellas, Here is the deal. I am putting my SV back to 95% until the off season rebuild and I know we all need to shake down Cresson backwards, so I will investigate what I need to do to register us in Lt Wt Superbike for the endurance. This would give us all the morning practice on our own bikes and then time during the endurance on my bike and the (whichever back up bike). We got to keep my bike up right for the sprints the next day though chuck. I sure would hate for you to gain on the points if it happened to get totalled...Ha Ha Not that you would do something like that intentionally Wink Wink! I will call you both soon! Smileyman

SMILEYMAN
09-26-2002, 09:01 AM
OK fellas, Here is the deal. I am putting my SV back to 95% until the off season rebuild and I know we all need to shake down Cresson backwards, so I will investigate what I need to do to register us in Lt Wt Superbike for the endurance. This would give us all the morning practice on our own bikes and then time during the endurance on my bike and the (whichever back up bike). We got to keep my bike up right for the sprints the next day though chuck. I sure would hate for you to gain on the points if it happened to get totalled...Ha Ha Not that you would do something like that intentionally Wink Wink! I will call you both soon! Smileyman

ChuckMcCoy
09-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Seriously, folks, is crashing that much fun? I thought about the sprint points and the problem w/ a crash during endurance. All I can say is, sure hope that wouldn't be a problem. We all know there aren't that many guarntees out there, huh. Let's just talk through it all - it's a great offer if you end up deciding to go with it. In either case the you gotta go with what is comfortable or you might crash, and then crash again...hint, hint. OK, that's my last wise crack about 2 crashes in one weekend. :-)

Talk to ya' soon, my friend.

C.

ChuckMcCoy
09-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Seriously, folks, is crashing that much fun? I thought about the sprint points and the problem w/ a crash during endurance. All I can say is, sure hope that wouldn't be a problem. We all know there aren't that many guarntees out there, huh. Let's just talk through it all - it's a great offer if you end up deciding to go with it. In either case the you gotta go with what is comfortable or you might crash, and then crash again...hint, hint. OK, that's my last wise crack about 2 crashes in one weekend. :-)

Talk to ya' soon, my friend.

C.

Apexluv
09-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Well, let me throw in a real interesting twist here. How 'bout a completely different back up for the day. I would love to have a little more time running clockwise and play around in the endurance. I know at least one of you would love to get some time on a rev-happy inline 4. I'm also curious about the popularity of the SV's. Just an idea.

Apexluv
09-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Well, let me throw in a real interesting twist here. How 'bout a completely different back up for the day. I would love to have a little more time running clockwise and play around in the endurance. I know at least one of you would love to get some time on a rev-happy inline 4. I'm also curious about the popularity of the SV's. Just an idea.

SMILEYMAN
09-26-2002, 04:11 PM
I am still kickin it over. I am concerned with crashing my bike or my body beyond repair for the Sunday race. The thought of riding on Jesse's R6 makes me worry about my body even more! Maybe we should just register for practice only and work out the big details of endurancing over the winter? I am seriously mentally twisted right now anyway (my personal life has also lowsided this week.) I really guess I should make sure i have my bike ready before I pull all you guys into this lunacy. I will call or E-mail you soon! Smileyman

SMILEYMAN
09-26-2002, 04:11 PM
I am still kickin it over. I am concerned with crashing my bike or my body beyond repair for the Sunday race. The thought of riding on Jesse's R6 makes me worry about my body even more! Maybe we should just register for practice only and work out the big details of endurancing over the winter? I am seriously mentally twisted right now anyway (my personal life has also lowsided this week.) I really guess I should make sure i have my bike ready before I pull all you guys into this lunacy. I will call or E-mail you soon! Smileyman

ChuckMcCoy
09-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Chris, couple a points. Afraid to ask about personal life crash, suffice it to say I've always followed the rule that I didn't go out on the track unless my mind was clear and free from major distractions. Of course, people have been known to question the clarity of my mind in the best of circumstances....you are familiar with that problem, I assume :-)

If you really feel like the madness is too much, then let's don't run an endurance. On the other hand, my first few (only done 4 or 5) endurance races were handled much like anyother race, just got tireder doing it.

Third point, I don't really think it would be a good idea for me to get out there on a 600 during a race situation. I'd want at least 3 or 4 track sessions in a non-race situation before hand.

My thoughts, my friend.

Chuck

ChuckMcCoy
09-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Chris, couple a points. Afraid to ask about personal life crash, suffice it to say I've always followed the rule that I didn't go out on the track unless my mind was clear and free from major distractions. Of course, people have been known to question the clarity of my mind in the best of circumstances....you are familiar with that problem, I assume :-)

If you really feel like the madness is too much, then let's don't run an endurance. On the other hand, my first few (only done 4 or 5) endurance races were handled much like anyother race, just got tireder doing it.

Third point, I don't really think it would be a good idea for me to get out there on a 600 during a race situation. I'd want at least 3 or 4 track sessions in a non-race situation before hand.

My thoughts, my friend.

Chuck

Mathew Wise
09-26-2002, 09:16 PM
Ah, Chuck, you forget that Chris is infamous for riding over his head. :p If you guys want to throw a team together I'll be happy to jump in, no matter what bike. Just let me know if you need another rider!
Mathew Wise

Mathew Wise
09-26-2002, 09:16 PM
Ah, Chuck, you forget that Chris is infamous for riding over his head. :p If you guys want to throw a team together I'll be happy to jump in, no matter what bike. Just let me know if you need another rider!
Mathew Wise

SMILEYMAN
09-27-2002, 08:18 AM
I think Chuck has hit the nail on the head. For me it might be too much too soon to endurance at Cresson. I don't want to throw something together at the last minute and do something stupid. However, I think we could make a heck of good time of it endurancing next year. Let's resolve to stay in touch and talk this over this winter. 3 Sv's, an EX, an R6 and five eager and feircely competitive riders...Sounds like a recipe for a stern talkin to or alot of fun whichever the side of the fence you happen to be on. Smiley

SMILEYMAN
09-27-2002, 08:18 AM
I think Chuck has hit the nail on the head. For me it might be too much too soon to endurance at Cresson. I don't want to throw something together at the last minute and do something stupid. However, I think we could make a heck of good time of it endurancing next year. Let's resolve to stay in touch and talk this over this winter. 3 Sv's, an EX, an R6 and five eager and feircely competitive riders...Sounds like a recipe for a stern talkin to or alot of fun whichever the side of the fence you happen to be on. Smiley

Apexluv
09-27-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm pretty uneasy about wadding my R-6 too. I think by the end of the day I may have a tire issue anyway. Also I might be considering selling the R-6 (hint: Matthew Wise) and it would sure suck to bust it up just before trying to sell it.

Apexluv
09-27-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm pretty uneasy about wadding my R-6 too. I think by the end of the day I may have a tire issue anyway. Also I might be considering selling the R-6 (hint: Matthew Wise) and it would sure suck to bust it up just before trying to sell it.

DwayneSowell
09-27-2002, 03:59 PM
HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR R6?? I KNOW 2 PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A BIKE FOR NEXT YEAR.

DwayneSowell
09-27-2002, 03:59 PM
HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR R6?? I KNOW 2 PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A BIKE FOR NEXT YEAR.

Mathew Wise
09-27-2002, 09:31 PM
Hmm... Pre-dented tank and spray can paint job... Sounds like it's right up my ally! Will you be at the Lone Star Track Day by any chance?

Mathew Wise

Mathew Wise
09-27-2002, 09:31 PM
Hmm... Pre-dented tank and spray can paint job... Sounds like it's right up my ally! Will you be at the Lone Star Track Day by any chance?

Mathew Wise

Apexluv
09-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Hey, that paintjob is a priceless work of art. It took $20 and an ENTIRE day!
As for the dented tank, I noticed at Oak Hill in April that my bike did not seem happy. It had a glum look about it. After consulting the local racebike psychic, (between her shows uncovering the feelings of the domestic pets), I found out that my R-6 felt left-out. (Similar to a kid in Jr High who does not wear nice clothing).
When I looked around at a trackday I saw other very happy and social R-6's and they all had tank dents. So I was happy to loan it to a friend who gently threw the bike away in turn 1 at Hallett. (I knew he would not be fast enough to do any real damage, and diverted any possible injury to myself). When it was all said and done, said friend was happy to purchase me a new set of bodywork, steering damper and some shinny new rear-sets.
Now my R-6 had shed it's old street plastic, lost some weight got new shoes (rearsets) and a great new tank dent. It sure does look and feel like many other R-6's. The End
Now that I have shared my touching story 2 points: 1-if you paint them up all pretty you will se it crashed and 2-post an E-Mail link and I'll send you info on it. Granted that I do not wad it at Cresson I would be happy to send it home with someone there. I have never crashed my bike, I don't ride over my head (or, pull a Smiley). So, it should be fine.

Apexluv
09-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Hey, that paintjob is a priceless work of art. It took $20 and an ENTIRE day!
As for the dented tank, I noticed at Oak Hill in April that my bike did not seem happy. It had a glum look about it. After consulting the local racebike psychic, (between her shows uncovering the feelings of the domestic pets), I found out that my R-6 felt left-out. (Similar to a kid in Jr High who does not wear nice clothing).
When I looked around at a trackday I saw other very happy and social R-6's and they all had tank dents. So I was happy to loan it to a friend who gently threw the bike away in turn 1 at Hallett. (I knew he would not be fast enough to do any real damage, and diverted any possible injury to myself). When it was all said and done, said friend was happy to purchase me a new set of bodywork, steering damper and some shinny new rear-sets.
Now my R-6 had shed it's old street plastic, lost some weight got new shoes (rearsets) and a great new tank dent. It sure does look and feel like many other R-6's. The End
Now that I have shared my touching story 2 points: 1-if you paint them up all pretty you will se it crashed and 2-post an E-Mail link and I'll send you info on it. Granted that I do not wad it at Cresson I would be happy to send it home with someone there. I have never crashed my bike, I don't ride over my head (or, pull a Smiley). So, it should be fine.

SMILEYMAN
09-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Ah, yes. Pulling a Smiley! See also Hodgson in yesterdays race, Xaus all year long. And talk about near misses...Colin and Bayliss did not seem to be riding around 90% did they? I guess they will never realize how to be really safe riders. HaHAhA, Oh my rib hurts! I will look you guys up at Cresson. I am trying to reserve a room at the Laquinta in Benbrook. PS Matthew and Dwayne, bring us lots of spares! HAHAHA...OUch!

SMILEYMAN
09-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Ah, yes. Pulling a Smiley! See also Hodgson in yesterdays race, Xaus all year long. And talk about near misses...Colin and Bayliss did not seem to be riding around 90% did they? I guess they will never realize how to be really safe riders. HaHAhA, Oh my rib hurts! I will look you guys up at Cresson. I am trying to reserve a room at the Laquinta in Benbrook. PS Matthew and Dwayne, bring us lots of spares! HAHAHA...OUch!