PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from Oak Hill

nee nee
06-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Just had to give my heartfelt THANKS to Anthony for the assist after my heat exhausting fit! Of course keeping up with the fuel level always helps. Thanks to Ricky too for the fluids, I got really zapped. From a different perspective, this weekend really helped me to focus on a few things like race preparation and late braking. The weather held out, although it would have helped if it rained a bit to cool it off...the air must be thinner at Oak Hill or something, but it was hotter than a _________!!! BTW, the camera footage was KILLER Anthony, gotta do more of that. We're going to try and mount our old one to get some footage of you! Did you see me waving at you? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Next time I'll stay behind you a while.

R Eads
06-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Renee, glad you are ok. When I seen you first come in I did realize that it was your bike that was being pushed in, or that your were about to over heat.. I seen John and Anthony trying to push it in and John's face was really red, I went and pushed it in, and at that point realized you were exhausted as well, sorry we didn't get some fluids over to you sooner.

Oh, yea really cool trailer, I guess we will be seeing you'll on TV before to long..moving on up.

We were at the steak house there in Henderson, and this older guy came up and ask us if we were with the CMRA and if we were racing that weekend. We told him we were only practicing, he thought he might have missed a race. he missed the first 2 and seemed upset about it. we told him when the next race was, said he used to corner work way back there.. he had some neat stories about the Hayden's and Joe P.. It feels good to be somewhere that motorcycles are actually welcomed.

Had fun while our bikes held together.

Glad all turn out well,
Richard

anthony c smith
06-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Hey, no prob. on the assist (I used to play b-ball)! Besides thats what our organization seems to pride its self on (helping each other out and a wonderful atmospere). And actually mad props should go out to Ricky as before you guys got there he rescued me from T3 when the lower bearing let loose on the 60. Thanks Ricky, that would have been one looong push in the hot sun.
So whats up with you guys looking like a factory Mori. team now? LOL. See ya at TWS, Anthony.

Barb Prussiano
06-11-2003, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Richard Eads:

We were at the steak house there in Henderson, and this older guy came up and ask us if we were with the CMRA and if we were racing that weekend. We told him we were only practicing, he thought he might have missed a race. he missed the first 2 and seemed upset about it. we told him when the next race was, said he used to corner work way back there.. he had some neat stories about the Hayden's and Joe P.. It feels good to be somewhere that motorcycles are actually welcomed.

Richard,

I remember this guy! His name is Basil Hill. Older gray haired gentleman. A real slow talker. He used to work the corners only at Oak Hill because he lived in the area and loved to watch the motorcycle races. He would always come into the pits afterward and congratulate us. Every now and then I still see him at Oak Hill. And he always comes up and talks to us still. The last time I saw him I think he was cutting hair at a local shop. I've met some really nice local folks up there at Henderson. Hope we always get to race there.

Barb P.

nee nee
06-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Keep up the good work Ricky!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Henderson is definately full of good folks that are motorcycle loving, nice to have a race track next to such a great town!!!! I did forget to thank someone....my sweet John(although I did thank him alone at home /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif He's still always there to bail me out and not be too pissed :p Thanks HUNNY!!

Anthony, thanks for that RPM newsletter-looks like it blows Malibu away-can't wait to try it out. Now if we could only get more time away from work. Thanks for commenting on our new rig, it will be fun and less headaches, plus after this weekend having a/c out there sure is nice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

R Eads
06-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Renee,I am just glad Anthony brought a pit bike. I was lazy and just threw my bikes in the truck. I am just gald there were no crashes and everyone had a good time. Got to meet some fellow CMRA riders, that we hadn't meet before. All the guys on the bigger bikes watched out for us on the minis, passing on the straights and not stuffing us going into the turns.. Super good time..

Barb, I think the gentleman told us his name, but I can't remember it if he did. But, by your discription I think you may be right though. It was good just to have a complete stranger come up and talk about motorcycle roadracing in a good aspect, what ever was said prior to the motorcycle talk just got lost. Didn't really mind my ice cream melting, hearing all about Joe's first races. I dont fell so bad about high siding in T2 anymore.

Richard