PDA

View Full Version : First Year TMGP Racer Requirements

Nancy Selleck
06-07-2007, 10:53 AM
After meeting with TMGP earlier this week, we have agreed to set a new policy in place (effective immediately) with regards to first year TMGP licensed racers.

In order for first year TMGP racers to apply for a CMRA license, they will be required to take the CMRA written test and provide a copy of their TMGP license (or appear on the TMGP rider list). Riders will then be categorized as a CMRA Provisional Novice. This means that they will need to complete all four requirements to move up to Novice status.

Those requirements are: two race weekends without crashing (minimum of two races per weekend) and two days of cornerworking. Crash-free weekends include any time the rider is on the track, including practice.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Nancy Selleck
06-07-2007, 10:53 AM
After meeting with TMGP earlier this week, we have agreed to set a new policy in place (effective immediately) with regards to first year TMGP licensed racers.

In order for first year TMGP racers to apply for a CMRA license, they will be required to take the CMRA written test and provide a copy of their TMGP license (or appear on the TMGP rider list). Riders will then be categorized as a CMRA Provisional Novice. This means that they will need to complete all four requirements to move up to Novice status.

Those requirements are: two race weekends without crashing (minimum of two races per weekend) and two days of cornerworking. Crash-free weekends include any time the rider is on the track, including practice.

Let me know if you have any questions.

waytooslow
06-07-2007, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:
Crash-free weekends include any time the rider is on the track, including practice.

Let me know if you have any questions. </div></div>Always wondered about this, what if you get punted off from behind? not trying to stir pot.. but... luck? or not?

waytooslow
06-07-2007, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:
Crash-free weekends include any time the rider is on the track, including practice.

Let me know if you have any questions. </div></div>Always wondered about this, what if you get punted off from behind? not trying to stir pot.. but... luck? or not?

Nancy Selleck
06-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Case-by-case basis, Scott.

Nancy Selleck
06-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Case-by-case basis, Scott.

waytooslow
06-07-2007, 12:30 PM
ahhhhh... okay, thanks, just curious.

waytooslow
06-07-2007, 12:30 PM
ahhhhh... okay, thanks, just curious.

Tim Chason
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Nancey so if I race a ysr 50 in TMGP I can jump on a 1000 and race in the CMRA. Maybe I miss read the post and they can only race minis. There is a HUGE difference between the too. On my CR 80 at a TMGP race I never got to thrid gear. I think top speed might be 35mph. I can understand going down to MINIS but going up with no Instructions might be dangerous for other riders. TIIIMMMMY

Tim Chason
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Nancey so if I race a ysr 50 in TMGP I can jump on a 1000 and race in the CMRA. Maybe I miss read the post and they can only race minis. There is a HUGE difference between the too. On my CR 80 at a TMGP race I never got to thrid gear. I think top speed might be 35mph. I can understand going down to MINIS but going up with no Instructions might be dangerous for other riders. TIIIMMMMY

waytooslow
06-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Timmmmah...

actually according to the rules, you can start out as mini guy in cmra, get rid of the yellow shirt and run big bikes.

Say it isn't so.

say you start in minis with in CMRA, pass the prov nov requirements, and start winning a lot, and you get bumped to expert, now you decide to run big bikes... What is the process?

I guess if the rider is smart, they could request a bump down... but...

waytooslow
06-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Timmmmah...

actually according to the rules, you can start out as mini guy in cmra, get rid of the yellow shirt and run big bikes.

Say it isn't so.

say you start in minis with in CMRA, pass the prov nov requirements, and start winning a lot, and you get bumped to expert, now you decide to run big bikes... What is the process?

I guess if the rider is smart, they could request a bump down... but...

Tim Chason
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Hummmmm Good point :p Damit I hate when Im wrong /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif TIIIMMMMY

Tim Chason
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Hummmmm Good point :p Damit I hate when Im wrong /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif TIIIMMMMY

Danny Dominguez
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Dustin was moved to "expert" at 11 years of age on minis and was told "no" when ask to be a novice when he moved to big bikes the next year.

Danny Dominguez
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Dustin was moved to "expert" at 11 years of age on minis and was told "no" when ask to be a novice when he moved to big bikes the next year.

Chuck Ergle
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I started roadracing on stock YSRs in May 1988 and did about half a season. I raced a full season in 1989 and did fairly well, then was told by Connie Brothers that I'd be bumped to expert for 1990. I had just purchased a "big" bike (Yamaha Seca 400) and requested to be a YSR novice and a big bike expert--I was turned down ("an expert is an expert"). I went ahead went expert on bigs and minis and never looked back, won two expert sprint championships in 1991, and was on the Heavyweight Superbike endurance championship team in 1992 on a Yamaha 750 (ironically, the entire team was made up of mini racers--me, Mike Carter, Chris Reed, and Damon Harvey--we rode the bike as a 1000 the next year). If you can ride a mini fast, you can ride a big bike fast--with some mental adjustments for size and speed and power.

Chuck Ergle
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I started roadracing on stock YSRs in May 1988 and did about half a season. I raced a full season in 1989 and did fairly well, then was told by Connie Brothers that I'd be bumped to expert for 1990. I had just purchased a "big" bike (Yamaha Seca 400) and requested to be a YSR novice and a big bike expert--I was turned down ("an expert is an expert"). I went ahead went expert on bigs and minis and never looked back, won two expert sprint championships in 1991, and was on the Heavyweight Superbike endurance championship team in 1992 on a Yamaha 750 (ironically, the entire team was made up of mini racers--me, Mike Carter, Chris Reed, and Damon Harvey--we rode the bike as a 1000 the next year). If you can ride a mini fast, you can ride a big bike fast--with some mental adjustments for size and speed and power.

Tim Chason
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Chuck a big bike :rolleyes: Seca 400 LOL Dude your like old and stuff /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :p :p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY

Tim Chason
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Chuck a big bike :rolleyes: Seca 400 LOL Dude your like old and stuff /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :p :p /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY

Chuck Ergle
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
edit--I meant "YSR expert and big bike novice".

Timmie did you even read the second half of my paragraph?

I had the Seca for just that year (1990), and it was all I could afford at the time. So there.

And I won those two championships the following year on a tricked-out Yamaha SRX-6 600cc thumper that made 63 HP and weighed just over 200lbs.

Chuck Ergle
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
edit--I meant "YSR expert and big bike novice".

Timmie did you even read the second half of my paragraph?

I had the Seca for just that year (1990), and it was all I could afford at the time. So there.

And I won those two championships the following year on a tricked-out Yamaha SRX-6 600cc thumper that made 63 HP and weighed just over 200lbs.

Tim Chason
06-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Didnt they used to have a Seca Class. I Remember looking at a Ascott 500 and the Seca When they came out thinking thats sweet /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Then there was the all mighty FJ 1200 That was the Shooooot. My Uncle used to race a GS 1000 at TWS in the mid 80s. I got my First street bike in 1983 Suzuki GS 450 SWEEEEEEEEET /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY

Tim Chason
06-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Didnt they used to have a Seca Class. I Remember looking at a Ascott 500 and the Seca When they came out thinking thats sweet /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Then there was the all mighty FJ 1200 That was the Shooooot. My Uncle used to race a GS 1000 at TWS in the mid 80s. I got my First street bike in 1983 Suzuki GS 450 SWEEEEEEEEET /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif TIIIMMMMY

BlackWidow
06-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Dude Timmy - in 1983?

Man i was'nt even born back then /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Oops..i guess your kinda like ummm...Olld.. :p !

Just poking..

BlackWidow
06-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Dude Timmy - in 1983?

Man i was'nt even born back then /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Oops..i guess your kinda like ummm...Olld.. :p !

Just poking..

jbroom
08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim Chason</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nancey so if I race a ysr 50 in TMGP I can jump on a 1000 and race in the CMRA. Maybe I miss read the post and they can only race minis. There is a HUGE difference between the too. On my CR 80 at a TMGP race I never got to thrid gear. I think top speed might be 35mph. I can understand going down to MINIS but going up with no Instructions might be dangerous for other riders. TIIIMMMMY</div></div>

if you only got to 35 on the tmgp tracks, then you shouldn't be on a bike at all!

jbroom
08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim Chason</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nancey so if I race a ysr 50 in TMGP I can jump on a 1000 and race in the CMRA. Maybe I miss read the post and they can only race minis. There is a HUGE difference between the too. On my CR 80 at a TMGP race I never got to thrid gear. I think top speed might be 35mph. I can understand going down to MINIS but going up with no Instructions might be dangerous for other riders. TIIIMMMMY</div></div>

if you only got to 35 on the tmgp tracks, then you shouldn't be on a bike at all!

BlackWidow
08-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Dayum..only 35 mph?

My NSR stock hits 40-45 @ the Katy track easily, and @ OHR (non tmgp track) it hit 60 mph all day...

maybe the CR needs some work..:P

BlackWidow
08-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Dayum..only 35 mph?

My NSR stock hits 40-45 @ the Katy track easily, and @ OHR (non tmgp track) it hit 60 mph all day...

maybe the CR needs some work..:P