PDA

View Full Version : ?huh? AMA supersport fine/penalty $$$

darick
06-10-2003, 06:47 PM
It seems like the AMA inspectors have gotten wind that the "factory" teams might be cheating. Gee,
I would have NEVER guessed :rolleyes:

Watching all this has made me wonder who's the one coming up with the "so-called" punishment for the team/rider caught at it. Hearing that the win at Road America was tainted by non-standard parts on Tommy's bike had me totally hacked that the win wasn't taken away. Only points and $2000(which Tommy probably aint paying anyway). I think Roger should be credited with the win. He and his team didn't cheat.

Just my opinion.....anyone else got one?

CMRA #123

ysr612
06-10-2003, 08:57 PM
20 pts is a lot and no I do not think he is paying the fine. Changing the oil press seems to be the cheat of the day. I agree with the ama on that one.

bentracing
06-10-2003, 09:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only points and $2000(which Tommy probably aint paying anyway). I think Roger should be credited with the win. He and his team didn't cheat.

Just my opinion.....anyone else got one?</div></div>Do you think Tommy has any idea what is and is not in his motor?
Just a thought.
I'm not saying it's right, just pointing out that it's OK with me if HE doesn't pay. I don't think the riders at that level are cheating as much as their team may be.
I have nothing to back this up with, it's just what I think.

darick
06-10-2003, 09:35 PM
We will probably never know if he (Tommy) knows what's in his motor or not and my point was not about WHO pays the fine. If I was in his spot and I didn't know (that I had some unobtainium in my motor) I'd be upset with my crew at this point. Or is it all just a "lets do whatever we want until we get caught" kinda thing. On that score, I like the sneaky way the AMA did it.

I just think it goes to prove that the privateers and non-factory supported teams will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to the rules in supersport.

TXFZ1
06-10-2003, 10:11 PM
I though Honda's story was funny. They were arguing about Miguel and Jake bikes, then brought up a production bike, checked the spring and it was different than the race bikes.

[Roseanna Roseanna Danna voice] ah...nevermind [/Roseanna Roseanna Danna voice]

David