PDA

View Full Version : Ridesmart at MSR November 22

Ty Howard
11-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Ridesmart will be at MSR on Nov. 22.
Spots are filling up quick so go to Ridesmart.info to register.

Ty Howard
11-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Ridesmart will be at MSR on Nov. 22.
Spots are filling up quick so go to Ridesmart.info to register.

SAM ROMEO
11-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Nov 22 ?? Ought to be interesting having 2 track days on the same day.
I sure would like to see some leveling of the playing field next year where these track days are concerned. Seems to me we might be better off if the good potential track days (read Fridays before most race weekends) were evenly split between two good promoters instead of one.
I haven't seen any comment on this yet. That kind of surprises me.

SAM ROMEO
11-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Nov 22 ?? Ought to be interesting having 2 track days on the same day.
I sure would like to see some leveling of the playing field next year where these track days are concerned. Seems to me we might be better off if the good potential track days (read Fridays before most race weekends) were evenly split between two good promoters instead of one.
I haven't seen any comment on this yet. That kind of surprises me.

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Nov. 22nd track day...
It's simple really. Due to "day job" related issues, vendor schedules and personal lives, LSTD scheduled this day because it was the only day really avaiable. We had picked out this day a while back really, but was unsure if we were going to do it. During that time, RS announced their track day... that's all. Two track days on the same day... talk about giving the motorcycle community the opportunity to choose! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As far as Friday track days go, anybody could have scheduled a Friday event before the CMRA race weekend... car or motorcycle enthusiasts. The CMRA schedule had been posted on the board long before the LSTD schedule ever was.

Historically speaking, we plan our schedule a year at a time. RS tends to announce events by the quarter... or every few months.

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Nov. 22nd track day...
It's simple really. Due to "day job" related issues, vendor schedules and personal lives, LSTD scheduled this day because it was the only day really avaiable. We had picked out this day a while back really, but was unsure if we were going to do it. During that time, RS announced their track day... that's all. Two track days on the same day... talk about giving the motorcycle community the opportunity to choose! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As far as Friday track days go, anybody could have scheduled a Friday event before the CMRA race weekend... car or motorcycle enthusiasts. The CMRA schedule had been posted on the board long before the LSTD schedule ever was.

Historically speaking, we plan our schedule a year at a time. RS tends to announce events by the quarter... or every few months.

Christopher Corder
11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
It boils down to marketing. LSTD is run like a business and they acted more quickly to reserve those dates. As nice as Dave Wonders is, Ridesmart is far from an efficient at marketing itself.

Christopher Corder
11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
It boils down to marketing. LSTD is run like a business and they acted more quickly to reserve those dates. As nice as Dave Wonders is, Ridesmart is far from an efficient at marketing itself.

Ty Howard
11-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Ridesmart isn't really concerned with the scheduling of Lone Star events. We don't fill like there is a competition between the two. Lone Star is a track day. Ridesmart is a riding school. People that want to just go ride around go to Lone Star. People that want to ride and get taught how to ride safer go to Ridesmart. People that want to ride safer while they learn the keys to going faster take my school at the Ridesmart event.
For people that want to come to the Ridesmart event because they like the location but don't really want the schooling. They can enter our level 4 open track.

Ty Howard
11-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Ridesmart isn't really concerned with the scheduling of Lone Star events. We don't fill like there is a competition between the two. Lone Star is a track day. Ridesmart is a riding school. People that want to just go ride around go to Lone Star. People that want to ride and get taught how to ride safer go to Ridesmart. People that want to ride safer while they learn the keys to going faster take my school at the Ridesmart event.
For people that want to come to the Ridesmart event because they like the location but don't really want the schooling. They can enter our level 4 open track.

Ty Howard
11-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Chris, Maybe we should just nominate Dave to be CMRA president in 2006. :rolleyes:

Maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty Howard
11-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Chris, Maybe we should just nominate Dave to be CMRA president in 2006. :rolleyes:

Maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christopher Corder
11-10-2004, 01:56 PM
I go to both track days and it is a trade off.

Ridesmart is a little less organized but LSTD has McMan which is torture. :p

just kidding Steve

The truth is I enjoy both groups. At Ridesmart I seem fast in the "race" group and at LSTD I get my a** handed to me in the race group. Either way, they are both really fun!!

Christopher Corder
11-10-2004, 01:56 PM
I go to both track days and it is a trade off.

Ridesmart is a little less organized but LSTD has McMan which is torture. :p

just kidding Steve

The truth is I enjoy both groups. At Ridesmart I seem fast in the "race" group and at LSTD I get my a** handed to me in the race group. Either way, they are both really fun!!

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ty Howard:
Ridesmart isn't really concerned with the scheduling of Lone Star events. We don't fill like there is a competition between the two. Lone Star is a track day. Ridesmart is a riding school. People that want to just go ride around go to Lone Star. People that want to ride and get taught how to ride safer go to Ridesmart.</div></div>In all candor, neither organization necessarily wants to schedule things that might effect their own registration numbers, but yeah... we schedule events based on our own thinking.

Umm... however, LSTD customers do indeed have the choice to do more than just "ride around". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As I've always said... it's a great time to own a sportbike with all the track time available! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ty Howard:
Ridesmart isn't really concerned with the scheduling of Lone Star events. We don't fill like there is a competition between the two. Lone Star is a track day. Ridesmart is a riding school. People that want to just go ride around go to Lone Star. People that want to ride and get taught how to ride safer go to Ridesmart.</div></div>In all candor, neither organization necessarily wants to schedule things that might effect their own registration numbers, but yeah... we schedule events based on our own thinking.

Umm... however, LSTD customers do indeed have the choice to do more than just "ride around". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As I've always said... it's a great time to own a sportbike with all the track time available! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Ty Howard
11-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Interesting, I guess if you want to promote your track day on my thread thats cool. I didn't realize that LSTD did teach riders. Well that opens up a whole new can bs.

Sam, we really don't stand a chance against the (new to my knowledge, but thanks for pointing it out) competition. Because of obvious reasons.
But, then again we just have to see what happens.

I or Ridesmart has ever tried to make this a competition between LSTD. Even though we get constant stabs in the side.

Here is a challenge for the almighty Lone Star. Take your instructors against our instructors, winner take all. The pres. of the club can make this race happen. Maybe during the lunch break. Whoevers instructors win, the loser can't be mentioned on this board again. If one side can take every podium position, then the otherside can't schedule another event.
Sounds fair to me. Wanna play or would you just rather not post on my thread again? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

At Ridesmart we are not trying to make money. Dave does this because he loves the motorcycle community. He just hopes to break even and pay his instructors. If he wanted to make money do you think he would give so many free and half off schools away.

Ty Howard
11-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Interesting, I guess if you want to promote your track day on my thread thats cool. I didn't realize that LSTD did teach riders. Well that opens up a whole new can bs.

Sam, we really don't stand a chance against the (new to my knowledge, but thanks for pointing it out) competition. Because of obvious reasons.
But, then again we just have to see what happens.

I or Ridesmart has ever tried to make this a competition between LSTD. Even though we get constant stabs in the side.

Here is a challenge for the almighty Lone Star. Take your instructors against our instructors, winner take all. The pres. of the club can make this race happen. Maybe during the lunch break. Whoevers instructors win, the loser can't be mentioned on this board again. If one side can take every podium position, then the otherside can't schedule another event.
Sounds fair to me. Wanna play or would you just rather not post on my thread again? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

At Ridesmart we are not trying to make money. Dave does this because he loves the motorcycle community. He just hopes to break even and pay his instructors. If he wanted to make money do you think he would give so many free and half off schools away.

Justin Molet
11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
i'll be at msr. like ty said, the 2 organizations have their own agendas and a different target audience, but i like the ridesmart philosophy and thats why i go. doesn't hurt that they're a lot cheaper, too. the amount of crashing that goes on at lstd is also a big turnoff to me, but i don't know if you can attribute that to the instructors alone. competition is good for the consumer, so i say bring it on! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Justin Molet
11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
i'll be at msr. like ty said, the 2 organizations have their own agendas and a different target audience, but i like the ridesmart philosophy and thats why i go. doesn't hurt that they're a lot cheaper, too. the amount of crashing that goes on at lstd is also a big turnoff to me, but i don't know if you can attribute that to the instructors alone. competition is good for the consumer, so i say bring it on! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 06:00 PM
>> Here is a challenge for the almighty Lone Star .... Sounds fair to me. Wanna play or would you just rather not post on my thread again?

Whoa! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Wasn't tryin' to hijack anything man. Sorry dude.

>> I didn't realize that LSTD did teach riders.

Ok... since you work closely with Dave I just assumed you knew how/where he got started.

>> We really don't stand a chance against the competition. Because of obvious reasons.

They're not so obvious to me. Care to elaborate?

>> I nor Ridesmart has ever tried to make this a competition between LSTD. Even though we get constant stabs in the side.

I think we can definitely relate to that.

>> Dave does this because he loves the motorcycle community.

Dave is indeed very passionate about motorcycles and motorcycle racing for sure. Gotta appreciate that. We can relate.

As far as making money goes, that's nobodies business but yours.

Hmm... an interesting challenge you bring up. Did I mention that we just hired Jensen and Ball as official LSTD instructors??? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

You win man. The only reason why I responded to this thread to begin with is because Sam brought up something that I thought needed to be addressed. Link removed. See ya. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 06:00 PM
>> Here is a challenge for the almighty Lone Star .... Sounds fair to me. Wanna play or would you just rather not post on my thread again?

Whoa! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Wasn't tryin' to hijack anything man. Sorry dude.

>> I didn't realize that LSTD did teach riders.

Ok... since you work closely with Dave I just assumed you knew how/where he got started.

>> We really don't stand a chance against the competition. Because of obvious reasons.

They're not so obvious to me. Care to elaborate?

>> I nor Ridesmart has ever tried to make this a competition between LSTD. Even though we get constant stabs in the side.

I think we can definitely relate to that.

>> Dave does this because he loves the motorcycle community.

Dave is indeed very passionate about motorcycles and motorcycle racing for sure. Gotta appreciate that. We can relate.

As far as making money goes, that's nobodies business but yours.

Hmm... an interesting challenge you bring up. Did I mention that we just hired Jensen and Ball as official LSTD instructors??? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

You win man. The only reason why I responded to this thread to begin with is because Sam brought up something that I thought needed to be addressed. Link removed. See ya. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Wade@LoneStar
11-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Ty,
The only person taking jabs at anyone is you! LSTD started with Dave Wonders teaching our beginner riding school, he is a great guy and we wish him all the best but he wasn't a fit for us. We have been teaching riding schools going on 4 years now, we don't teach any advanced riding because we thought you had that covered, although we have had discussions with Haner about rejoining us. Are you really serious about squaring off to see who is better? Dude you are the almighty Ty Howard owner of every track record in this region unless Robert Jenson shows up. I think both organizations have seen some pretty big crash days that aren't really related to anything that either could control. As to making money, I don't see you doing anything for free nor should you. Treat it like a business and that is how it will be perceived. To be honest we don't have that much crossover business so I don't know what the problem is. That is why there is Coke and Pepsi, different strokes for different folks. Funny I never have seen Pepsi call out Coke for a duel.

Wade@LoneStar
11-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Ty,
The only person taking jabs at anyone is you! LSTD started with Dave Wonders teaching our beginner riding school, he is a great guy and we wish him all the best but he wasn't a fit for us. We have been teaching riding schools going on 4 years now, we don't teach any advanced riding because we thought you had that covered, although we have had discussions with Haner about rejoining us. Are you really serious about squaring off to see who is better? Dude you are the almighty Ty Howard owner of every track record in this region unless Robert Jenson shows up. I think both organizations have seen some pretty big crash days that aren't really related to anything that either could control. As to making money, I don't see you doing anything for free nor should you. Treat it like a business and that is how it will be perceived. To be honest we don't have that much crossover business so I don't know what the problem is. That is why there is Coke and Pepsi, different strokes for different folks. Funny I never have seen Pepsi call out Coke for a duel.

Keith Hertell
11-10-2004, 07:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Wade Pruetz:
Funny I never have seen Pepsi call out Coke for a duel. </div></div>I remember the PEPSI CHALLENGE. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Keith Hertell
11-10-2004, 07:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Wade Pruetz:
Funny I never have seen Pepsi call out Coke for a duel. </div></div>I remember the PEPSI CHALLENGE. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Christopher Corder
11-10-2004, 08:19 PM
NOBODY should ever feel ashamed or conversely, self-righteous based on their business (or not) model. Capitalism is a good thing; we have built an entire culture on it.

I am a crossover customer. Both organizations provide me with what I want:
1. To be left alone.
2. Medical services.
3. A daily schedule.
4. Corner workers.
5. Plenty of track time.

Other than those five things, I want nothing else from a trackday. LSTD and RS have both met my needs.

Christopher Corder
11-10-2004, 08:19 PM
NOBODY should ever feel ashamed or conversely, self-righteous based on their business (or not) model. Capitalism is a good thing; we have built an entire culture on it.

I am a crossover customer. Both organizations provide me with what I want:
1. To be left alone.
2. Medical services.
3. A daily schedule.
4. Corner workers.
5. Plenty of track time.

Other than those five things, I want nothing else from a trackday. LSTD and RS have both met my needs.

11-10-2004, 09:21 PM
This is really exciting!! The whole duel thing seems interesting, considering the names that are being thrown around, I would sign up just to watch.

Here are the Vegas odds

Ty Howard 1-3
Robert Jensen 2-1
Shannon Ball 3-1

Any Takers?

11-10-2004, 09:21 PM
This is really exciting!! The whole duel thing seems interesting, considering the names that are being thrown around, I would sign up just to watch.

Here are the Vegas odds

Ty Howard 1-3
Robert Jensen 2-1
Shannon Ball 3-1

Any Takers?

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Even more exciting with Pepsi! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://pierre.fkit.hr/~jmacan/s/Pepsi.jpg

Jeff Grant
11-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Even more exciting with Pepsi! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://pierre.fkit.hr/~jmacan/s/Pepsi.jpg

Steve McNamara
11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
I think it comes down to this.
As Rodney King would say "can't we just get along".
:-)

Steve McNamara
11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
I think it comes down to this.
As Rodney King would say "can't we just get along".
:-)

Wade@LoneStar
11-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Oh sure play the race card!

Wade@LoneStar
11-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Oh sure play the race card!

Steve Breen
11-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Oh sure play the race card! </div></div>VERY PUNNY!!

Steve Breen
11-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Oh sure play the race card! </div></div>VERY PUNNY!!

Ty Howard
11-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Ok, it looks like I took the post the wrong way and it irritated me. I was trying to be nice and I felt like someone throw a red carpet in front of the bull. I obviously don't have the whole story.
I seriously think the race would be fun and we should do it but without the prises I talk about. There would be more entrys than a RRC. I will just spectate.

As far as Jenson goes, I won't bring a knife to a gun fight again.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that Ridesmart is having a school on Nov. 22 at Cresson.

Ty Howard
11-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Ok, it looks like I took the post the wrong way and it irritated me. I was trying to be nice and I felt like someone throw a red carpet in front of the bull. I obviously don't have the whole story.
I seriously think the race would be fun and we should do it but without the prises I talk about. There would be more entrys than a RRC. I will just spectate.

As far as Jenson goes, I won't bring a knife to a gun fight again.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that Ridesmart is having a school on Nov. 22 at Cresson.

marcus mcbain
11-11-2004, 01:44 PM
If I remember right, we (LSTD and Ridesmart) raised about 500.00 for the Air Fence fund when we did the "endurance race" challenge. Lots of fun and we raised good money.

I won't say who won the race/bet, but somehow the RS team ended up on the overall box (3rd Overall/3rd in class) with a sweet handling 929 and 4 old riders Darnell, Danny, Greg, and some other old guy... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Marcus

marcus mcbain
11-11-2004, 01:44 PM
If I remember right, we (LSTD and Ridesmart) raised about 500.00 for the Air Fence fund when we did the "endurance race" challenge. Lots of fun and we raised good money.

I won't say who won the race/bet, but somehow the RS team ended up on the overall box (3rd Overall/3rd in class) with a sweet handling 929 and 4 old riders Darnell, Danny, Greg, and some other old guy... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Marcus

Jeff Grant
11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Marcus... yeah... I remember that race because we had total brake failure! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Our second worst overall finish ever. :rolleyes: With yalls solid finish it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Of course, we vowed never to get involved money in a bet where a race is concerned again... but it definitely went for a great cause, so it's all good.

> Ty Howard wrote:
There would be more entrys than a RRC.

I would think so... for Cresson and Oak Hill at least. That's a heck of a lot of instuctors! That is, unless it rains. Hmm... we'll see. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jeff Grant
11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Marcus... yeah... I remember that race because we had total brake failure! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Our second worst overall finish ever. :rolleyes: With yalls solid finish it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Of course, we vowed never to get involved money in a bet where a race is concerned again... but it definitely went for a great cause, so it's all good.

> Ty Howard wrote:
There would be more entrys than a RRC.

I would think so... for Cresson and Oak Hill at least. That's a heck of a lot of instuctors! That is, unless it rains. Hmm... we'll see. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Bob Cronin
11-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Over the last few years I have done both formats. My decision was based on my schedule and the need for track time-period.
I have done enough to say honestly, if you want track time, and have it split evenly amoung the rider groups, then LSTD gets the nod.
Business? School? Track day? Who cares what it is called besides the people collecting the money?
All the riders care about is getting on the track and getting that precious seat time be it a class or not. Beyond that, the riders want value for their money. Price only becomes an issue when the service provided is below what is expected.

Bob Cronin
11-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Over the last few years I have done both formats. My decision was based on my schedule and the need for track time-period.
I have done enough to say honestly, if you want track time, and have it split evenly amoung the rider groups, then LSTD gets the nod.
Business? School? Track day? Who cares what it is called besides the people collecting the money?
All the riders care about is getting on the track and getting that precious seat time be it a class or not. Beyond that, the riders want value for their money. Price only becomes an issue when the service provided is below what is expected.

tsalinas
12-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Ty

Has the 11/22 Track Day been rescheduled yet from the rainout? I checked the Ridesmart website and nothing's posted there.

Thanks

tsalinas
12-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Ty

Has the 11/22 Track Day been rescheduled yet from the rainout? I checked the Ridesmart website and nothing's posted there.

Thanks

Ty Howard
12-01-2004, 10:44 AM
With the weather changing for the worse. We are looking at something in late Jan. Our 05 schedule is being finallized and will be posted soon.

Ty Howard
12-01-2004, 10:44 AM
With the weather changing for the worse. We are looking at something in late Jan. Our 05 schedule is being finallized and will be posted soon.

01-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey Ty, just checking I sighned up for your Nov race school and was wondering when it has been reschuled? Need to get bike ready n send forks to Marcus, just dont want to get caught with my bike not ready! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

01-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey Ty, just checking I sighned up for your Nov race school and was wondering when it has been reschuled? Need to get bike ready n send forks to Marcus, just dont want to get caught with my bike not ready! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Frank Newman
01-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Before they race, the two sides ought to just pull it out and pee all over each other and get it over. The public bickering discredits each organization.

Frank Newman
01-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Before they race, the two sides ought to just pull it out and pee all over each other and get it over. The public bickering discredits each organization.