PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Bob Cronin
06-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Working Class Racing would like to thank Marcus for going out of his way to help us with our bike issues moments before the race started Saturday. Bad karma fell upon us from picking on other teams when their trannys went south. Here we were in practice with a tranny that didn't want to go in or stay in gear.
The fix was simple but the knowledge and time was something that we didn't have on our side. Needless to say, the bike was put together and back out in time for the green flag.
Thanks again Marcus.

Thank you for the weatherman for being wrong in reverse this time.

Thank you Billy at WRW Racing for getting our suspension freshened up in time for the race.

Thank you to the cornerworkers. At one point of the race it seemed like you were being kept quite busy.

Thank you to Breeno. I have applied your information from Hallett to this last race. Dropped 4 seconds more.

The special thanks goes out to the dirt bags that felt that it was their place to take my pin/clip from the receiver. Granted I should have locked it onto the truck but I would have thought that a $3.00 part wouldn't be stolen. Enjoy it.

Travis Pierce
06-15-2003, 05:10 PM
Ya Thanks Marcus, you were a real bike saver. You really helped us out a jam.

I hope the punks that stole the pin and clip get a taste of their own medicine sometime. PUNKS>>>>>>>

marcus mcbain
06-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Hey Guys,

You are welcome. I didn't even think I could get it done that fast /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

Marcus

metricracer
06-16-2003, 10:39 PM
What was the "fix"? I gotta know...

marcus mcbain
06-16-2003, 10:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Kelly Tompkins:
What was the "fix"? I gotta know...</div></div>Bolt that holds the "star" on the shift drum. About 45 minutes from the start of the race, Working class asked me to look at their bike (it wouldn't shift). About 5 minutes into it, I told them that I could pull the clutch basket out and see if there was an issue with the shifter/drum/etc. The bolt for the star was VERY loose and about to fall out.

I think I got it done in about 45 minutes including putting new gasket, etc. (They made the warm up lap)

Bob Cronin
06-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Marcus-
Have you received my email yet regarding this past weekend?