PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the help Jesse

darick
06-16-2003, 12:38 PM
TWS seems to have my number in its sights. Its a shame cause I dig that track.

I would like to thank those who help get my bike
on the trailer while my wife took me to the hospital for some x-rays. I ended up with a broken
left foot and a broken pinky finger. Ohhhh, and
sore as hell all over.

This would be Jesse Seitz (winner of the Am GTU
on Saturday) way to go man! I owe ya man....dont
worry, I will be there to help you one day.

And most of all my wife Penny.....who had to come to grips with all it. She's my best friend and now my nurse /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Ohhhh....can anyone actually describe what happened, cause I bet it was one helluva sight
watching me roll down the track /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Darick
CMRA #123 am

fjklemen
06-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi Derrick,

I was watching the race from 10-11-12 and did see your crash. It looked like to me that your leading a pack of about 5-6 riders and that coming out of 9 the bike tried to high-side you. You caught it, wobbled a couple of time then got thrown off. Was not close enough to see the initial loss of traction but did see you tumble down the road.
Tough break, hope that you heal up with no complications.

Frank Klementich
CMRA ex #48

Barron Houston
06-16-2003, 12:54 PM
I was about four behind in the pack. You and your bike rolled quite a bit, it seemed like you weren't going to come to a stop. I was trying to figure out which way to go to avoid hitting you or your bike, but both of you were indecisive for quite some time. You did a good job of getting up right away and looking back to see how to get out of the way...kudos for that. How did it feel during the duration? I haven't wrecked (yet)...knock on wood. So I like to hear how it is from people with the experience. Jeff Grant said it seemed like forever before he came to a stop when he wrecked last year in turn 1-2.

Bob Cronin
06-16-2003, 01:49 PM
I want to know what it is like to wreck and stay awake the whole time!

darick
06-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey Frank, Barron and Bob

I hope I heal quick too, appreciate that Frank. I am going to see the ortho tomorrow for my foot.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Barron, you probably had the best view of the whole thing since you were able to check up after me tumbling forever(seemed like) I was awake the whole time and I knew it was gonna hurt. I'm glad you guys were able to miss me. Once I was on the ground I instictively pulled my arms in or tried at least. I knew slappin the concrete was not gonna be very forgiving. I really didn't have much control over what was happening but I knew as soon as I stopped I needed to get the hell out the way of you guys cause I wasn't sure how far the pack was. It wasn't my first crash but it was my first highside. Ouch! Don't want to go there again /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I think the back tire hit the outside of the track (wet/mudd??) and that was all she wrote.

A big thank to the corner workers too.....they were on top me pretty quick.

Greg LeClair
06-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Hey Darick,
Dang man, I was bummed to read about your crash!! I didn't know you went down - I wish I would have been there to return the favor and help out. (again, thanks for the help after my crash!)
I'm sure you had plenty of help, though. That's the kind of people we race with.

I hope you're feeling ok - as you know, I know all about the soreness...it's not much fun. Time to relax and rest up for a while. You'll be back to 100% before you know it.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.
-Greg

jseitz
06-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Hey Darick,

Glad to hear that you are ok (relatively speaking). No problem at all to lend a hand to a racer in need, although I sincerely hope I don't have to again in the future /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif .

Did you get some neat Ti hardware inserted in the foot at least?

See you at the track,
Jesse

darick
06-16-2003, 10:18 PM
No problem Greg.....I know you would have helped if you knew. It was good to see ya out there again. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

No doubt Jesse /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I don't want to see the pavement for a long long time. No hardware yet but I let you guys know tomorrow. I broke the 5th metatarsal (outside bone)up toward the top of the foot near the ankle. Looking at the x-rays, it split the bone right at the attach point (ball end) so I'm not sure if they will adorn my foot with Ti hardware. My pinky hurts like hell tho!
I had to snap back in place while I was laying on the ground....didn't hurt at that moment. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I'll keep u guys up 2 date but for now I'm taking some time off work and gonna relax.

Darick
CMRA #123 am
(just call me hop along)

darick
06-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Good news /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Doc says the bone is only a centimeter apart and there is good shot at it healing properly if I stay off of it for a month. That means no riding :rolleyes: