PDA

View Full Version : good job Mark Delano

cwjones
06-16-2003, 09:37 PM
good job mark on sunday you really kicked butt, exspecially in the rain tires! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

marcus mcbain
06-16-2003, 11:02 PM
For most of the year, I have had the opportunity to work with Mark. In short, he has proven himself to be one hell of a racer. I would like to think that the setup stuff I do for him makes the difference he needs to win, but Sunday showed what he is made of as a rider.

On Saturday, Mark's 750 motor blew-up. Mark also had not had a chance to fix all of the damage to his "good 600" from the OK crash. In short, Mark was riding a bent bike that at best would have been a handful for most. After Mark had it measured at GMD and Scott called the bike "dangerous", Mark's brother and dad proceeded to make adjustments to try and get the geometry right. (The front end was so bent in, the fairing was starting to get a hole rubbed in it). I then verified the swingarm angle, and set the compression/rebound for him.

Mark won 8 of 9 races this weekend. That is a hell of an achievement on what he had to do it on.

Marcus