PDA

View Full Version : really tight xr100 roadracer!

06-17-2003, 02:34 PM
hey you mini guys,

i came across this picture today.
this is probably the coolest xr project i have seen.

http://members.cox.net/kmgata/cool_xr100.jpg

Jack Giesecke
06-17-2003, 04:37 PM
That's cool. Frank keeps ragging me for bars like that. Wonder where he got the body work?

Jiveturky
06-17-2003, 05:27 PM
The body work is cool but where did the tank come from?? I would agree Johnny that is the coolest XR-100 I have seen as well. Where did you come across that picture?

Later, Eric

Mitchel
06-17-2003, 07:04 PM
That's an F3 upper!

m novak
06-17-2003, 07:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Mitchel Bynum:
That's an F3 upper!</div></div>That is what I thought, I have this one saved on the old hard drive.

Jack, we could put a fairing like that on the XR no problem, Frank has a couple F3 uppers. Bet we could fashion the tail out of a 125 rear.

i found clubmans for $20 from airtech.

Denee
06-17-2003, 08:17 PM
WoWWWW!! That is so fine!! Is it a pretty quick bike comparing it to a 2 stroke? competitive? GEe, I would surely like something like that? Sigh,maybe next year!
Denee'

metricracer
06-19-2003, 04:58 PM
What's the front wheel off of? Is it a stock front hub with a rear rim/spokes?

Jack Giesecke
06-20-2003, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Mark Novak:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Mitchel Bynum:
That's an F3 upper!</div></div>That is what I thought, I have this one saved on the old hard drive.

Jack, we could put a fairing like that on the XR no problem, Frank has a couple F3 uppers. Bet we could fashion the tail out of a 125 rear.

i found clubmans for $20 from airtech.</div></div>The fairing might not be worth much other than added weight in TMGP, but it sure would LOOK cool! Now, you guys better not go steelin' crap off the RS down at Billy's shop. If I find a green RS tank and seat on that XR when I get back up there, I'm gonna be pi$$ed.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jack Giesecke
06-20-2003, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Denee:
WoWWWW!! That is so fine!! Is it a pretty quick bike comparing it to a 2 stroke? competitive? GEe, I would surely like something like that? Sigh,maybe next year!
Denee'</div></div>Denee, stock XRs are kid's play bikes with about stock YSR50 power running in modified classes. There are XRs, and then there are XRs. Takes sorta getting into it to build one of these things from a stocker. just ask Scotty King. This one here, though, is looking pretty right, ain't it?

G Man
06-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Hey Novak, How's the fairing on the couch doing? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

ysr612
06-20-2003, 07:44 PM
marks been laying on the track for kids to run over him this year.

he lends new meaning to the phrase brake mark er.

m novak
06-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey Giff...The ol' couch is missing me lately, finally.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You are right Glen, I had a Mark-er on my butt for two weeks after that kid tried to park his bike in my butt. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Denee
06-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah Jack, it's really cool and I know it isn't fast, the XR100. I think no matter what, I just like to look cool on a cool bike, doesn't necessarily have to be fast, I just like to have fun, never go past my limitations(OK, now and then I may push my EX a little too much) to stay in one piece. One day I may meet MR.Right and want to look pretty good!) I'm out of the scene for a while until I get another job anyway!
YOu know~ I've had a few bikes now:
*EX500 I still have and continue to have a blast with it!
*GSXR600- Nice bike, I would have another one but not to take to the track.
*'97Ducati 916- too expensive to maintain and exhaust gets too hot! Have to wear at least leather pants and raceboots to cope with the heat!
*2001 Apriia RS50- wish I had kept it! Fun, fun, not fast but fun! Looks great! Economical, Can spend as much as you want to on it to upgrade (Even I could do anything mechanically to that bike)
**** Future bikes? As I have heard from you Jack and others; either a YSR or NS50 (preferably the NS) or perhaps an RS125. The RS125 is pretty comfortable looking and supplies some pretty good speed and I could take it to track days, cause that's about all I really do anymore is track days, but they are expensive to attend, but I do so much love being around everyone there!! So it's worth it!
I guess I was in a typing mood! forgive the length of this reply!
Denee'

Jack Giesecke
06-21-2003, 01:53 PM
A mini won't get you on the track at a track day, but an RS125 will, and in STYLE! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif They're a little work, but if you can mess with the Priller 50, you can do a RS. And, in Houston, you'd have Billy Wiese to do the stuff you didn't wanna tackle. The RS is just so much fun to ride, too, nothing quite like it.

cwjones
06-26-2003, 01:18 PM
man that mini was cool, i wonder if the person that owns it is ever going to sell it, because i have been looking for one. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :p