PDA

View Full Version : I am pleased to announce....I guess

Van Blaylock
06-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Well as the first official person to crash a CBR600RR in the CMRA, I wish to announce that they are a fairly crash worthy motorcycle. Although I have yet to price replacement parts for it. Because, even if the prices were in canadian dollars I am still to broke to fix it. so I'll just wait /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

BTW if anybody knows of some street goon that has wadded one let me know!

peace and Godspeed

06-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Hey brother man! I heard you had a get off. Are you OK? Hope you get the bike back together soon! Later, Steve Stinson CMRA #430

darick
06-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Steve,

There was street goon that killed himself on his bike out here in Abilene. I think the bike is still around. I will check for you. The only problem is that the salvage places usually grab em fast.

Darick
CMRA #123 am

Nohl Haeckel
06-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Van, www.AMASuperbike.com (http://www.AMASuperbike.com) There is on on there right now being parted out..Good Luck

Yuliya Marcer
06-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Oh no, are you alright? What happened?! How did the bike fair? I'd really like to hear your insights here.. Might have a lead on a tail section for you, but it's street, not race.

Yuliya

fjklemen
06-18-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey Van,

Was that you that crashed coming on to the banking on Sunday?
That was nasty looking, I guessed at that time you hit a damp spot at full throttle and the bike decided to launch you of the high side and then barrel roll down the banking and stop right in the middle of the racing line. Ugghh-that had to hurt.

It looked like the turn 12 corner workers did not see you at first. I've worked that corner before and that was always one of my concerns--lots of area to watch.

Hope no injuries and that the bike is straight and true.

Frank Klementich
CMRA ex #48

Van Blaylock
06-18-2003, 07:33 PM
No, it was exiting 8a during the MSB Ex race. I faired pretty well, so well in fact I didn't even get any mud on me.

BTW darick, keep me informed about the salvage unit:)

later

TXFZ1
06-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Dude, I didn't think your bike was ever going to stop sliding. You fell in 8A but you almost ended up in 9. You guys were putting on a great show.

David

David Branyon
06-18-2003, 09:56 PM
By the way, this reminds me, I have never figured out the "official" numbering of turns at TWS past T7 (coming off backstraight) in my nearly 3 years of going out there. Is there a place where they are numbered according to the general consensus?

troysturtz
06-18-2003, 10:04 PM
VanMan,

What kind of shape is the RS 80 in after your get off at Oak Hill??? Big stick and I are going to try to get it ready for a couple of races next year if it is still straight.

Troy

Van Blaylock
06-18-2003, 11:22 PM
yeah my arse was getting a bit warm. just wish I'd finished.

Troy, you'll have to talk to mike about the RS since it is his. I know it needs a top end bad.

Yuliya Marcer
06-20-2003, 02:31 PM
I got a street tail section for you with one unnoticeable scratch if you're still looking for stuff, shoot me an email if you need it ydvorak@houston.rr.com.

G Man
06-20-2003, 07:35 PM
A "Big air" moment huh? I leave for awhile and now your racing sprints. sounds like the racing gods are mad at ya for jumping off of the Yamaha. :p

Van Blaylock
06-22-2003, 11:25 AM
I dunno, last time I sprint raced I went through two R6's in a season. so the fact that the year is 1/2 over and I still own the same bike is somewhat reasuring to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I'll win that honda money yet! just you wait and see! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif