PDA

View Full Version : Competition for CMRA in '08?

mnellis
08-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Anyone else hear or know any more about the CCS coming to town in '08?

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30051

mnellis
08-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Anyone else hear or know any more about the CCS coming to town in '08?

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30051

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 07:11 AM
I have. They wont do well. Just ask Sean Clarke how hard it is to manage road racing in this market. My guess is they will have packed up and went home within three years.

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 07:11 AM
I have. They wont do well. Just ask Sean Clarke how hard it is to manage road racing in this market. My guess is they will have packed up and went home within three years.

Tom Anderson
08-28-2007, 07:39 AM
CCS would have to make some big changes to be successful here again, in my experience with them that is.

Tom Anderson
08-28-2007, 07:39 AM
CCS would have to make some big changes to be successful here again, in my experience with them that is.

RICHARD MCFARLAND
08-28-2007, 08:24 AM
IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW IT ALL PLAYS OUT..

RICHARD MCFARLAND
08-28-2007, 08:24 AM
IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW IT ALL PLAYS OUT..

marcus mcbain
08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Honestly, it will be an ugly thing IMO. They will pull some riders away from the CMRA and the club will be affected by this.

I supported RPM when Alan Blair bought it. Alan truly meant well, although the original incarnation of RPM was not in the best interest of the community in Texas. What went on as a whole was a negative to both RPM and the CMRA.

It will not be interesting to see what happens, but rather it is a great concern to everyone in this region that the remaining pieces of what is left over in 2-3 years is something that does not harm our sport.

I am not sure what or who is behind it, but I can truly say there is no way possible that it is in the best interest of the riders and/or sport. Yes, many will say that the "competition" will help the development of certain aspects of our sport, but in the end it is my belief this situation will ultimately hurt the CMRA and the new organization will not prosper.

Marcus McBain

marcus mcbain
08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Honestly, it will be an ugly thing IMO. They will pull some riders away from the CMRA and the club will be affected by this.

I supported RPM when Alan Blair bought it. Alan truly meant well, although the original incarnation of RPM was not in the best interest of the community in Texas. What went on as a whole was a negative to both RPM and the CMRA.

It will not be interesting to see what happens, but rather it is a great concern to everyone in this region that the remaining pieces of what is left over in 2-3 years is something that does not harm our sport.

I am not sure what or who is behind it, but I can truly say there is no way possible that it is in the best interest of the riders and/or sport. Yes, many will say that the "competition" will help the development of certain aspects of our sport, but in the end it is my belief this situation will ultimately hurt the CMRA and the new organization will not prosper.

Marcus McBain

Derek Thomas
08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Spoke with the representative and he has some interesting thoughts and ideas. Becomes big region with Barber and Daytona included. Some joint regional races expected. Possibly some different tracks than CMRA runs currently. I started when we collected points for CCS through CMRA(don't really know about the relationship), but as a Novice, was a great opportunity to qualify for the ROC in Daytona with a decent grid position, rather than go and start from the back.

I also was around when RPM was running, and was a participant of a few of their events, and unlike some, I think competition is a good thing. Yes it will create a stir, but it may give us a choice of tracks and schedules that may fit our personal schedule better, or fit our needs better.

Obviously this could hurt the CMRA, but it could also help. Let's face it, the track days scene has exploded recently and I don't care who you are, it brings out the competitor in most of us. Well, when you look at the competition in the CMRA, as far as club racing, it's second to none. Look who has come from our ranks and currently races in our ranks! They ain't no slouches! Track records virtually every weekend, riders who rank well nationally(both expert and Novice), National Moto-ST Champions, and the list goes on.

So a track day warrior wants to try his or her hand at racing and decides which club and begins to master their skills, then wants to move on the a higher level of competition, I would say CCS would play little brother/sister roll to CMRA and would be a sort-of proving ground. The opposite is true as well, say your a little less skilled to compete in the CMRA classes and want slightly less competition, maybe CCS would be a place to race and have a shot at a top 5. Both scenarios get more people involved and give them a chance to compete. As long as more people are coming to enjoy our sport(and paying to race), then everyone wins. Obviously this is a bunch of maybes and what-if's, I'm just trying to remain optomistic for both clubs!

Derek Thomas

Derek Thomas
08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Spoke with the representative and he has some interesting thoughts and ideas. Becomes big region with Barber and Daytona included. Some joint regional races expected. Possibly some different tracks than CMRA runs currently. I started when we collected points for CCS through CMRA(don't really know about the relationship), but as a Novice, was a great opportunity to qualify for the ROC in Daytona with a decent grid position, rather than go and start from the back.

I also was around when RPM was running, and was a participant of a few of their events, and unlike some, I think competition is a good thing. Yes it will create a stir, but it may give us a choice of tracks and schedules that may fit our personal schedule better, or fit our needs better.

Obviously this could hurt the CMRA, but it could also help. Let's face it, the track days scene has exploded recently and I don't care who you are, it brings out the competitor in most of us. Well, when you look at the competition in the CMRA, as far as club racing, it's second to none. Look who has come from our ranks and currently races in our ranks! They ain't no slouches! Track records virtually every weekend, riders who rank well nationally(both expert and Novice), National Moto-ST Champions, and the list goes on.

So a track day warrior wants to try his or her hand at racing and decides which club and begins to master their skills, then wants to move on the a higher level of competition, I would say CCS would play little brother/sister roll to CMRA and would be a sort-of proving ground. The opposite is true as well, say your a little less skilled to compete in the CMRA classes and want slightly less competition, maybe CCS would be a place to race and have a shot at a top 5. Both scenarios get more people involved and give them a chance to compete. As long as more people are coming to enjoy our sport(and paying to race), then everyone wins. Obviously this is a bunch of maybes and what-if's, I'm just trying to remain optomistic for both clubs!

Derek Thomas

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I have a tendency to agree with Marcus on this one. I dont see how this could benefit the Texas roadracing market at all. I think now would be an appropriate time to make a plan to excel in a more competitive marketplace. It all comes down to who delivers the best product and we should take the steps now to insure that the CMRA meets that mandate.

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I have a tendency to agree with Marcus on this one. I dont see how this could benefit the Texas roadracing market at all. I think now would be an appropriate time to make a plan to excel in a more competitive marketplace. It all comes down to who delivers the best product and we should take the steps now to insure that the CMRA meets that mandate.

Dirk Anderson
08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Does CCS give trophies or plaques?

Dirk Anderson
08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Does CCS give trophies or plaques?

marcus mcbain
08-28-2007, 12:28 PM
The problem is that from a riders perspective, it is the best thing to happen since sliced bread. Unfortunately, both organizations will suffer.

It is possible if the CCS has only two or three events in the region, then yes it won't neccessarily be a negative.

Our riders are no different from any other Americans..."Business makes too much money and I don't care who goes out of business or suffers so long as I get what I want..."

We'll see what happens.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
The problem is that from a riders perspective, it is the best thing to happen since sliced bread. Unfortunately, both organizations will suffer.

It is possible if the CCS has only two or three events in the region, then yes it won't neccessarily be a negative.

Our riders are no different from any other Americans..."Business makes too much money and I don't care who goes out of business or suffers so long as I get what I want..."

We'll see what happens.

Marcus

Christopher Corder
they use the same little plaques we do but you have to buy the big wooden one to put them on yourself.

Christopher Corder
they use the same little plaques we do but you have to buy the big wooden one to put them on yourself.

John O'Donnell
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Derek whats the name of the rep you talk to.

John O'Donnell
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Derek whats the name of the rep you talk to.

Danny Clark
08-28-2007, 12:36 PM
No thanks.... I'll stick with the Good ole CMRA! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif To me going to another series where the competition is not as tough just so I could say I podiumed is not something I could do and feel good about. I like the competition we have here and that is what makes us better riders..... thats why the CMRA has the history of champions that it does!

Danny Clark
08-28-2007, 12:36 PM
No thanks.... I'll stick with the Good ole CMRA! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif To me going to another series where the competition is not as tough just so I could say I podiumed is not something I could do and feel good about. I like the competition we have here and that is what makes us better riders..... thats why the CMRA has the history of champions that it does!

Dirk Anderson
08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they use the same little plaques we do but you have to buy the big wooden one to put them on yourself</div></div>

Thanks Chris, glad to see you found the humor in that one. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Dirk Anderson
08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they use the same little plaques we do but you have to buy the big wooden one to put them on yourself</div></div>

Thanks Chris, glad to see you found the humor in that one. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Derek Thomas
08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
John,
I spoke with a guy named Travis....didn't get his last mane, but number was posted on the site RRW mentioned. Not exactly sure of his level of involement, but he was talking about series sponsorship, etc....It's a 214 number, so somewhere in Dallas.

Derek Thomas
08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
John,
I spoke with a guy named Travis....didn't get his last mane, but number was posted on the site RRW mentioned. Not exactly sure of his level of involement, but he was talking about series sponsorship, etc....It's a 214 number, so somewhere in Dallas.

David Roy
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I have been involed in multiple series on the west coast and east coast and many of them have thrived together peacefully, and profitably. Irregardless of anyone's loyalty to any one series, more motorcycle racing is better for everyone, racers, vendors, fans, etc., and will create more exposure to roadracing in general. Marcus word on the street is you were planning a ccs event at your track, why the public distain?

Lovingly
David Roy
North Texas Superbikes

David Roy
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I have been involed in multiple series on the west coast and east coast and many of them have thrived together peacefully, and profitably. Irregardless of anyone's loyalty to any one series, more motorcycle racing is better for everyone, racers, vendors, fans, etc., and will create more exposure to roadracing in general. Marcus word on the street is you were planning a ccs event at your track, why the public distain?

Lovingly
David Roy
North Texas Superbikes

Keith Hertell
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirk Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does CCS give trophies or plaques? </div></div>

HAHAHAHAH!!! Thats what I was thinking.

Keith Hertell
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirk Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does CCS give trophies or plaques? </div></div>

HAHAHAHAH!!! Thats what I was thinking.

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith Hertell #11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirk Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does CCS give trophies or plaques? </div></div>

HAHAHAHAH!!! Thats what I was thinking. </div></div>

the joke went over my head. i must be slow witted.

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith Hertell #11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirk Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does CCS give trophies or plaques? </div></div>

HAHAHAHAH!!! Thats what I was thinking. </div></div>

the joke went over my head. i must be slow witted.

Tim Chason
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
When I opened my first Laser Tag everybody said I wouldnt make it. With in 3 miles from my location I had a National Chain Called Laser Quest. I put them out of bussniess with in 8 months /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . I gave better customer service better prices so on so on. Thats what not did them in. It was there arrogance. Laser Quest never considered a small busniess like myself a threat /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif. Now I have a super store Main Event opened across the street from me. This is a threat to my buisness. So I will step up customer service and do the little things that a super store cant. People like to cheer for the underdog who ever it might be.There will be some members who will leave and thats fine. If the club offers a good product at a fair price the rest will take care of its self. Lets dont be a Laser Quest that would SUX. TIIIMMMMY

P.S. Would this be a good time to ask for new trophies /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif LOL

Tim Chason
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
When I opened my first Laser Tag everybody said I wouldnt make it. With in 3 miles from my location I had a National Chain Called Laser Quest. I put them out of bussniess with in 8 months /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . I gave better customer service better prices so on so on. Thats what not did them in. It was there arrogance. Laser Quest never considered a small busniess like myself a threat /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif. Now I have a super store Main Event opened across the street from me. This is a threat to my buisness. So I will step up customer service and do the little things that a super store cant. People like to cheer for the underdog who ever it might be.There will be some members who will leave and thats fine. If the club offers a good product at a fair price the rest will take care of its self. Lets dont be a Laser Quest that would SUX. TIIIMMMMY

P.S. Would this be a good time to ask for new trophies /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif LOL

marcus mcbain
08-28-2007, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Roy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been involed in multiple series on the west coast and east coast and many of them have thrived together peacefully, and profitably. Irregardless of anyone's loyalty to any one series, more motorcycle racing is better for everyone, racers, vendors, fans, etc., and will create more exposure to roadracing in general. Marcus word on the street is you were planning a ccs event at your track, why the public distain?

Lovingly
David Roy
North Texas Superbikes
</div></div>

David,

As you may know, I do look forward to an opportunity to host an ASRA event. I have not pictched this to Kevin Elliott because the AMA Superbike race and Grand Am National was the first priortiy and now that we have that completed, I had planned to have the promoter talk to Kevin and let him know about our track, etc. Our promotor currently has a very good relationship with him.

In terms of other regions "getting along", I have an extensive amount of first hand experience and I will say that generally it is NOT the case that clubs peacefully co-exist. Although time does allow enough failure that organizations will often respect certain boundries.

Many negative things appear over a period of time. In one case up in the west, one of the organizations that "peacefully co-existed" tried to get all the rights to hold track days for all motorcycles, etc. This would have increased prices for management and also comprimised the other clubs ability to hold races.

There are things I absolutely hate about the CMRA and people that have held office with this club. In fact, I will never forgive several people that have slandered and committed libel against me, BUT it is the appropriate thing to do to work within this club. Like it or not.

I probably am not the smartest businessman in the world when it comes to racing, but racing is not like a normal business. Customers don't die or become paralyzed if business is bad in most other disciplines of money making ventures. 99% of the people in this sport still don't get it. If I was smart, I guess I wouldn't say anything and have my promotor try to rent the track out as they are contracted to do, but see that may not be what is in the best interest in this community. What is in the community's best interest is to work within the confines of what we have now and change it from within. It will help ensure the health of our racing community rather than allow low hanging fruit to be picked by those that go after that kind of thing.

You are absolutely wrong in several of your assessments. Vendors are the ones that suffer the most BTW. At only 250 entries (unless CCS provides exclusive marketing for certain vendors which is the opposite of what you suggest) vendors will be losing money and they will not attend. The RPM experiement during one of the greatest financial booms in this country showed that the region cannot support two clubs.

Exposure was diluted more than anything. Lower grid totals lead to less contingency paid out. We had to borrow bikes and assign riders in classes that we didn't normally race just to meet Suzuki minimums for RPM. When we did have Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki Contingency, most of it could not be claimed due to grid sizes, nevermind tire contingency.

It is true that if CCS holds the exposure to the region to 2-3 events in Texas, yes it can be a positive step. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
08-28-2007, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Roy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been involed in multiple series on the west coast and east coast and many of them have thrived together peacefully, and profitably. Irregardless of anyone's loyalty to any one series, more motorcycle racing is better for everyone, racers, vendors, fans, etc., and will create more exposure to roadracing in general. Marcus word on the street is you were planning a ccs event at your track, why the public distain?

Lovingly
David Roy
North Texas Superbikes
</div></div>

David,

As you may know, I do look forward to an opportunity to host an ASRA event. I have not pictched this to Kevin Elliott because the AMA Superbike race and Grand Am National was the first priortiy and now that we have that completed, I had planned to have the promoter talk to Kevin and let him know about our track, etc. Our promotor currently has a very good relationship with him.

In terms of other regions "getting along", I have an extensive amount of first hand experience and I will say that generally it is NOT the case that clubs peacefully co-exist. Although time does allow enough failure that organizations will often respect certain boundries.

Many negative things appear over a period of time. In one case up in the west, one of the organizations that "peacefully co-existed" tried to get all the rights to hold track days for all motorcycles, etc. This would have increased prices for management and also comprimised the other clubs ability to hold races.

There are things I absolutely hate about the CMRA and people that have held office with this club. In fact, I will never forgive several people that have slandered and committed libel against me, BUT it is the appropriate thing to do to work within this club. Like it or not.

I probably am not the smartest businessman in the world when it comes to racing, but racing is not like a normal business. Customers don't die or become paralyzed if business is bad in most other disciplines of money making ventures. 99% of the people in this sport still don't get it. If I was smart, I guess I wouldn't say anything and have my promotor try to rent the track out as they are contracted to do, but see that may not be what is in the best interest in this community. What is in the community's best interest is to work within the confines of what we have now and change it from within. It will help ensure the health of our racing community rather than allow low hanging fruit to be picked by those that go after that kind of thing.

You are absolutely wrong in several of your assessments. Vendors are the ones that suffer the most BTW. At only 250 entries (unless CCS provides exclusive marketing for certain vendors which is the opposite of what you suggest) vendors will be losing money and they will not attend. The RPM experiement during one of the greatest financial booms in this country showed that the region cannot support two clubs.

Exposure was diluted more than anything. Lower grid totals lead to less contingency paid out. We had to borrow bikes and assign riders in classes that we didn't normally race just to meet Suzuki minimums for RPM. When we did have Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki Contingency, most of it could not be claimed due to grid sizes, nevermind tire contingency.

It is true that if CCS holds the exposure to the region to 2-3 events in Texas, yes it can be a positive step. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Marcus

Chuck Ergle
08-28-2007, 02:59 PM
"Competition improves the breed". I was on the BoD when RPM was up and running, and on the BoD when it closed up shop; I know why they were formed in the first place, and why they went away; however, the competition made the BoD infinitely more customer service oriented, and prompted changes that still benefit the club today.

Some will get into an "us vs them" mode, and the people who think CMRA is terrible will go race with the other organization--it will be the BoD's job to win them back.

There are the conspiracy theorists that will read Machiavellian behind-the-scenes politics and manuevering into everything we do or have done, or what the other organization is doing/has done. They've always been around, and they're either too dull to see what's REALLY going on, or are gullible enough to believe somebody else's uninformed or sour grapes BS.

I've been racing with CMRA for almost 20 years now, and have raced with other organizations. This is home.

Chuck Ergle
08-28-2007, 02:59 PM
"Competition improves the breed". I was on the BoD when RPM was up and running, and on the BoD when it closed up shop; I know why they were formed in the first place, and why they went away; however, the competition made the BoD infinitely more customer service oriented, and prompted changes that still benefit the club today.

Some will get into an "us vs them" mode, and the people who think CMRA is terrible will go race with the other organization--it will be the BoD's job to win them back.

There are the conspiracy theorists that will read Machiavellian behind-the-scenes politics and manuevering into everything we do or have done, or what the other organization is doing/has done. They've always been around, and they're either too dull to see what's REALLY going on, or are gullible enough to believe somebody else's uninformed or sour grapes BS.

I've been racing with CMRA for almost 20 years now, and have raced with other organizations. This is home.

Craig Montgomery
08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
I guess you could call Daytona, Barber, Texas World and Hallet the Southerly Centralized Easternish Region or something. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif I'm sure Hallet, Barber, and Daytona will make money but TWS is expensive to rent and it'll be difficult to cross that race over with another CCS region "s". I suspect they'll wait until the 2008 CMRA schedule is released before they post dates.

Craig Montgomery
08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
I guess you could call Daytona, Barber, Texas World and Hallet the Southerly Centralized Easternish Region or something. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif I'm sure Hallet, Barber, and Daytona will make money but TWS is expensive to rent and it'll be difficult to cross that race over with another CCS region "s". I suspect they'll wait until the 2008 CMRA schedule is released before they post dates.

David Roy
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Marcus,

Thanks as always for your extensive insight and wisdom. As a vendor I am contracted to Dunlop to be at all races in TX, OK, and LA, and will be at all races. Heck lets race every weekend all summer long, who needs vacation.

The DR.

David Roy
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Marcus,

Thanks as always for your extensive insight and wisdom. As a vendor I am contracted to Dunlop to be at all races in TX, OK, and LA, and will be at all races. Heck lets race every weekend all summer long, who needs vacation.

The DR.

Barry Nichols
08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
WOW! Few thoughts. First, RRW please forgive me, I know you don't like cut and paste, but......

QUOTE - "Never before has racing of this caliber been available to Texans at venues this close to home." Credit RRW read full article at http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30051

What a slap in the face not only to the CMRA, but to the racers who support us and travel across the US as CMRA members. The CMRA is a premier racing organization whose events and stature are second to none in the club racing circuit. This statement implies that their series will not only be better run, but the facilities will become more superior by their meer presence. Oh, and if you are racing now, you are, of, and with a group of inferior caliber racers. I think it shows a complete lack of respect for the CMRA who has existed longer, put on events consistently in this market, and given back our members in more ways than possible to count.

Competition - not always a good thing. Undoubtably, the CMRA will lose revenue from racers who try the other series. This loss in the end will only end up hurting both series. This market is not large enough to sustain two racing clubs, history has already proven this. The cost will be on you the racer. Support, sponsorship, revenue, are all a finite resource. There is only so much to go around. The CMRA re-invests in our club...in our series....in our members. Air fence, radios, flags, cornerworkers, etc., etc, etc. We do not profit or payout YOUR money needlessly to any sactioning body that provides a service we already offer. We keep the control at home in the hands of BoD who are comprised of you the members.

In the end most of us will always be club racers who just love the sport. Points and grids at national events only mean something to very few of us, and even to those few, in the long run, they won't mean much. I believe that after several years of losing money and pissing off racers, the other club will just go away just like the last one. The difference is not that you can do it, but 'why' you do it. What a shame though if having a lot of money and an axe to grind ruined what many of us call home.

These are my thoughts as a member only.

Barry Nichols
08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
WOW! Few thoughts. First, RRW please forgive me, I know you don't like cut and paste, but......

QUOTE - "Never before has racing of this caliber been available to Texans at venues this close to home." Credit RRW read full article at http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30051

What a slap in the face not only to the CMRA, but to the racers who support us and travel across the US as CMRA members. The CMRA is a premier racing organization whose events and stature are second to none in the club racing circuit. This statement implies that their series will not only be better run, but the facilities will become more superior by their meer presence. Oh, and if you are racing now, you are, of, and with a group of inferior caliber racers. I think it shows a complete lack of respect for the CMRA who has existed longer, put on events consistently in this market, and given back our members in more ways than possible to count.

Competition - not always a good thing. Undoubtably, the CMRA will lose revenue from racers who try the other series. This loss in the end will only end up hurting both series. This market is not large enough to sustain two racing clubs, history has already proven this. The cost will be on you the racer. Support, sponsorship, revenue, are all a finite resource. There is only so much to go around. The CMRA re-invests in our club...in our series....in our members. Air fence, radios, flags, cornerworkers, etc., etc, etc. We do not profit or payout YOUR money needlessly to any sactioning body that provides a service we already offer. We keep the control at home in the hands of BoD who are comprised of you the members.

In the end most of us will always be club racers who just love the sport. Points and grids at national events only mean something to very few of us, and even to those few, in the long run, they won't mean much. I believe that after several years of losing money and pissing off racers, the other club will just go away just like the last one. The difference is not that you can do it, but 'why' you do it. What a shame though if having a lot of money and an axe to grind ruined what many of us call home.

These are my thoughts as a member only.

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Barry,

The line in question from the RRW article was written by CCS and not a RRW writer or editor. It is marketing speak. Somewhere, somebody has decided that either:

The CMRA has a number of unhappy riders who will jump ship

or

There are all these unknown racers out there waiting with their bikes and cash in hand for a second series to race.

I dont think either is true and their chances for ROI are slim to none.

Christopher Corder
08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Barry,

The line in question from the RRW article was written by CCS and not a RRW writer or editor. It is marketing speak. Somewhere, somebody has decided that either:

or

There are all these unknown racers out there waiting with their bikes and cash in hand for a second series to race.

I dont think either is true and their chances for ROI are slim to none.

Keith Hertell
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
The more I think about the happier I am.

This will surely mean we stop getting the stinkin' BADGES!!!! lol

PS: I give CCS three years max. , But I wouldn't bet on more than one.
<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 26pt'>IF </span> </span>and thats a big if, they can even run the complete schedule they have listed. I'm fairly certain they will be forced to back out of a couple of the Texas rounds. They just testing the waters now. It'll scale back and then die. IMHO

But thats just me, I'm a jerk and I'm never right.[/sarcasm]
Umm hmm, just like last time.

Keith Hertell
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
The more I think about the happier I am.

This will surely mean we stop getting the stinkin' BADGES!!!! lol

PS: I give CCS three years max. , But I wouldn't bet on more than one.
<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 26pt'>IF </span> </span>and thats a big if, they can even run the complete schedule they have listed. I'm fairly certain they will be forced to back out of a couple of the Texas rounds. They just testing the waters now. It'll scale back and then die. IMHO

But thats just me, I'm a jerk and I'm never right.[/sarcasm]
Umm hmm, just like last time.

John Orchard
08-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Its interesting that the TMPG and the CMRA mini series are in the same region, but I've never heard anyone view them as a threat to the CMRA.

I was also around when RPM started up. One thing for sure, the CMRA is in significantly better 'health' than we were when RPM began.

There have been a lot of good things that have been accomplished over the past 6+ years by various BOD and CMRA staff. Not that we had it bad before, but the quality of the CMRA has improved it's service significantly from what it was imo.

John Orchard
08-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Its interesting that the TMPG and the CMRA mini series are in the same region, but I've never heard anyone view them as a threat to the CMRA.

I was also around when RPM started up. One thing for sure, the CMRA is in significantly better 'health' than we were when RPM began.

There have been a lot of good things that have been accomplished over the past 6+ years by various BOD and CMRA staff. Not that we had it bad before, but the quality of the CMRA has improved it's service significantly from what it was imo.

Keith Hertell
08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Orchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its interesting that the TMPG and the CMRA mini series are in the same region, but I've never heard anyone view them as a threat to the CMRA. </div></div>

I think that it is due to the fact the racing is unique to both.

Tracks, bikes, etc.

Keith Hertell
08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Orchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its interesting that the TMPG and the CMRA mini series are in the same region, but I've never heard anyone view them as a threat to the CMRA. </div></div>

I think that it is due to the fact the racing is unique to both.

Tracks, bikes, etc.

Barry Nichols
08-28-2007, 07:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: christophercorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barry,

or

I dont think either is true and their chances for ROI are slim to none. </div></div>

I did not mean to imply that RRW wrote it, I know different. And I get it is marketing. I still don't like it. I do however agree with Keith and Chuck, we need to bring our A game, and ditch the badges /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Barry Nichols
08-28-2007, 07:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: christophercorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barry,

or

I dont think either is true and their chances for ROI are slim to none. </div></div>

I did not mean to imply that RRW wrote it, I know different. And I get it is marketing. I still don't like it. I do however agree with Keith and Chuck, we need to bring our A game, and ditch the badges /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

ChemiKaze
08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
No one ever told me but I knew there was another RR club in Texas with CMRA and a fight came out and one of em left...

Anyways, I am just a regular dude who wish to complete one race and say... I raced in CMRA and came in last.

ChemiKaze
08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
No one ever told me but I knew there was another RR club in Texas with CMRA and a fight came out and one of em left...

Anyways, I am just a regular dude who wish to complete one race and say... I raced in CMRA and came in last.

Jeremy White
08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
This works out pretty good for me. You guys always say racers race. Well, if I have to go grid up with 3 other guys to race instead of doing a trackday I will. I don't have the luxury of having every weekend off, so I have to go race when I can. This now gives me 3 options close to Oklahoma (CCS GP, CCS S, and CMRA).

I'm not much of an endurance racer either and have to spend the majority of my travel time on Fridays. The CCS format allows me to practice on Saturday and race on Sunday. I won't quit the CMRA, but if my only option to race in a month or two is CCS, I'll take it. I raced the CCS GP series at Hallett. It was by no means a CMRA turnout, but it is only in it's second year and it was better than a trackday. I'm not able to make the last 2 CMRA races, so I'm driving 1000 miles to Jennings, FL next weekend to race the CCS Florida race so I can race one last time this year. Will I podium? Doubt it, but I got to compete.

As far as the contingency goes, I haven't won a dime all year, and 80% of the other racers can probably say the same. I don't do it for the trophies or $15 I can win from EBC, I do it because there is no other feeling like gridding up and launching, or taking road trips and camping at the track with my family.

Jeremy White
08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
This works out pretty good for me. You guys always say racers race. Well, if I have to go grid up with 3 other guys to race instead of doing a trackday I will. I don't have the luxury of having every weekend off, so I have to go race when I can. This now gives me 3 options close to Oklahoma (CCS GP, CCS S, and CMRA).

I'm not much of an endurance racer either and have to spend the majority of my travel time on Fridays. The CCS format allows me to practice on Saturday and race on Sunday. I won't quit the CMRA, but if my only option to race in a month or two is CCS, I'll take it. I raced the CCS GP series at Hallett. It was by no means a CMRA turnout, but it is only in it's second year and it was better than a trackday. I'm not able to make the last 2 CMRA races, so I'm driving 1000 miles to Jennings, FL next weekend to race the CCS Florida race so I can race one last time this year. Will I podium? Doubt it, but I got to compete.

As far as the contingency goes, I haven't won a dime all year, and 80% of the other racers can probably say the same. I don't do it for the trophies or $15 I can win from EBC, I do it because there is no other feeling like gridding up and launching, or taking road trips and camping at the track with my family.

Tony Ta
08-29-2007, 12:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremy White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

took the words right outta my mouth.

i also think that CCS and CMRA being in the same region will hurt everybody in some way or another.

Tony Ta
08-29-2007, 12:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremy White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

took the words right outta my mouth.

i also think that CCS and CMRA being in the same region will hurt everybody in some way or another.