PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler - AMA Races at Laguna

Linz Leard
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Our fine CMRA family, which includes, of course, Ben Spies and Roger Lee Hayden, finished off the AMA 2007 season in style. Both of these young CMRA alumni (and former CMRA mini riders) won national championships. Uncork the champagne!

Linz Leard
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Our fine CMRA family, which includes, of course, Ben Spies and Roger Lee Hayden, finished off the AMA 2007 season in style. Both of these young CMRA alumni (and former CMRA mini riders) won national championships. Uncork the champagne!

Todd Gyure
09-16-2007, 06:32 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! Ben did it, BACK to BACK AMA Superbike CHAMP!!!! YSR50 to this-and I watched it all!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soon it will be YSR50 to MotoGP!

Congrats Champ x2!

Todd Gyure
09-16-2007, 06:32 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! Ben did it, BACK to BACK AMA Superbike CHAMP!!!! YSR50 to this-and I watched it all!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soon it will be YSR50 to MotoGP!

Congrats Champ x2!

Derek Thomas
09-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Great race, looked like Ben was just cruising when he was behind Matt....was able to make-up time at will. When he finally decided to go for it, he sure did it in a big way....man that was sweet! Congratulations Ben, on a well deserved second Championship and on the double for the season. Hope we get to see you at the awards banquet again! "Elbowz wins Superbike in dramatic fashion, with only one point to spare!"

Derek Thomas
Desert Rats #1

Derek Thomas
09-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Great race, looked like Ben was just cruising when he was behind Matt....was able to make-up time at will. When he finally decided to go for it, he sure did it in a big way....man that was sweet! Congratulations Ben, on a well deserved second Championship and on the double for the season. Hope we get to see you at the awards banquet again! "Elbowz wins Superbike in dramatic fashion, with only one point to spare!"

Derek Thomas
Desert Rats #1

Frank Newman
09-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I took perverse pleasure in watching Maladin scratchin' for every milisecond while Spies was following relaxed, sitting up, watching and waiting. Of course, I wish he had selected a different scenario for the pass but we got to see an incredible pass as a result. I don't know either one of them but my perception is that the dark side lost out.

Frank Newman
09-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I took perverse pleasure in watching Maladin scratchin' for every milisecond while Spies was following relaxed, sitting up, watching and waiting. Of course, I wish he had selected a different scenario for the pass but we got to see an incredible pass as a result. I don't know either one of them but my perception is that the dark side lost out.

pyoung
09-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Great win for both CMRA riders. I thought it was great to hear Roger Lee's accent as he got a little emotional.

pyoung
09-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Great win for both CMRA riders. I thought it was great to hear Roger Lee's accent as he got a little emotional.

RICHARD MCFARLAND
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
WENT OUT TO SEE THE RACES...WOW,WHAT A WEEKEND..WATCHED FROM TURN 5.WHEN BEN STARTED TO SLIP BACK A BIT I WAS LIKE "NOT AGAIN" SURELY MAT WOULDNT WIN 7 IN A ROW,THEN IT BECAME OBVIOUS THAT HE MADE A SMALL MISTAKE AS HE MADE UP GROUND VERY QUICKLY,PASSED MAT & SET THE FASTEST LAP OF THE RACE THE NEXT LAP.MAT STARTED TO PUSH VERY HARD BUT HIS SETUP/TIRES WOULD NOT ALLOW IT &BEN CHECKED OUT.HAS TO BE THE GREATEST RACE I HAVE EVER WITNESSED..WHAT A SPECTACULAR PERFORMANCE ALL YEAR BY BOTH MAT AND BEN.SHOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF HODGSON CAN DO ANYTHING WITH THE YOSH BIKES ABOARD THE ALL NEW CBR1000 NEXT SEASON,TALKED WITH A SUZUKI/HONDA DEALER THAT WENT TO THE CONVENTION AND HE CLAIMS THE NEW HONDA IS PRETTY TRICK,RESEMBLING THE MOTO GP BIKE...VERY COMPACT & LIGHTER..WE'LL SEE..MY BET IS ON BEN!!

RICHARD MCFARLAND
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
WENT OUT TO SEE THE RACES...WOW,WHAT A WEEKEND..WATCHED FROM TURN 5.WHEN BEN STARTED TO SLIP BACK A BIT I WAS LIKE "NOT AGAIN" SURELY MAT WOULDNT WIN 7 IN A ROW,THEN IT BECAME OBVIOUS THAT HE MADE A SMALL MISTAKE AS HE MADE UP GROUND VERY QUICKLY,PASSED MAT & SET THE FASTEST LAP OF THE RACE THE NEXT LAP.MAT STARTED TO PUSH VERY HARD BUT HIS SETUP/TIRES WOULD NOT ALLOW IT &BEN CHECKED OUT.HAS TO BE THE GREATEST RACE I HAVE EVER WITNESSED..WHAT A SPECTACULAR PERFORMANCE ALL YEAR BY BOTH MAT AND BEN.SHOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF HODGSON CAN DO ANYTHING WITH THE YOSH BIKES ABOARD THE ALL NEW CBR1000 NEXT SEASON,TALKED WITH A SUZUKI/HONDA DEALER THAT WENT TO THE CONVENTION AND HE CLAIMS THE NEW HONDA IS PRETTY TRICK,RESEMBLING THE MOTO GP BIKE...VERY COMPACT & LIGHTER..WE'LL SEE..MY BET IS ON BEN!!

ChemiKaze
09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
When Ben goes to MGP... He will be Elbowz II... :P

ChemiKaze
09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
When Ben goes to MGP... He will be Elbowz II... :P