PDA

View Full Version : Phil McDonald injured in Truck, Motorcycle accident

Norm McDonald
06-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Saturday night while riding his Road Warrior Phil was very seriously injured. A truck pulling out of a parking lot hit Phil knocking him and his motorcycle into the center medium. Phil was throwen end over end for about 150 feet. He is in ICU with a badly broken Lt. arm and they had to replace 5" of artery that was torn out. A lady that stoped at the accident put a turnic on his arm that saved his life. his right arm was also broken in 3 places and his left foot. He was in surgy for 8 hours and received 7 units of blood. The doctors are keeping him out for 48 more hours. We will keep you updated as we find out anything. Your prayers are needed and will be apperacated. Thanks the McDonald Family.

John Orchard
06-23-2003, 10:23 AM
Wow - Sure sorry to hear that Norm....

Walter Walker
06-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Norm,
You guys are definitely in our prayers. Hope he makes a quick and full recovery!! Let us know if there is anything we can do.

SMILEYMAN
06-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Tell Phil we are pulling for him! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Chris Smiley

m novak
06-23-2003, 11:02 AM
You have prayers from the Novaks...both for him and you guys.

Mark

Tim Haas
06-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Phil and the entire McDonald family are in our thoughts prayers. Norm if you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Tim and Julie Haas

Nancy Selleck
06-23-2003, 11:49 AM
Norm,

My prayers are with Phil and your whole family.

Please let me know if I can be of any help at all.

Keep us updated.

panthercity
06-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Prayers from the Dickey family are on their way. God Bless and a speedy recovery.

RacerBub
06-23-2003, 12:11 PM
You have prayers from the Russo family as well. Keep us up to date and may he have a speedy recovery.

Bubba Russo
Ex#38

twg
06-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Phil:

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

twg

Brad Thomas
06-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Norm,
Sorry to hear this news, please know your CMRA family is with you and the entrie McDonald family during this time. God speed Phil.

Van Blaylock
06-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Very sad to here that Norm. Stay strong!
I'll pray for the best!

David Hirsch
06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of your family.

06-23-2003, 05:17 PM
The Peterson family Ashley, Cindy and Christian have you in our prayers ! Get well soon Phil !

spearer
06-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Phil , hope you're on the mend. We were all glad
to hear that someone that knew what to do was there for you at the scene of the accident. I hope this finds you at home with your feet propped up watching speedvision. Rachel, Shelby, Theresa &Keith all send you our love!

Steve Haesemeyer
06-23-2003, 06:53 PM
I just talked to Phil last Thursday about Chiefs tickets. Norm, Lucy if you need anything, please let me know. Get well soon-- See ya at the race track, Phil
Steve, Jill and Chris

Andy Galindo
06-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Wholly smokes. Sounds nasty. Really sorry to hear this. Phil I hope you get well soon.

Denee
06-23-2003, 07:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this accident! I was thinking if you guys were in this town, I could come and visit even though I don't know you! My Prayers are with You! Darned drivers on the street just aren't looking for us bikes! Phil, I"m sure is in good hands!
Sincerely,
Denee'Cole

Eric Kelcher
06-23-2003, 08:12 PM
From all the help Phil has provided to racers I am glad that good Karma was there when he needed it with the help he recieved after the accident.

Hoping that the recovery goes well and pain is fleeting.

Wising the best and quick recovery for Phil. And hope that the rest of the McDonalds are doing well.

The Kelchers

Jack Giesecke
06-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Very sorry to here this. He will get our prayers and sympathy and I surely hope he'll be okay. Bummer. I know this sort of thing can be traumatic to a family, I have personal experience. Hope you all are doing okay under the circumstances.

ysr612
06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
never know what to say yes we will be praying for you and yours. I was just talking to the news letter guy about Phil. He was telling me what a great guy Phil was when they were growing up together.

racer550
06-23-2003, 09:37 PM
Very sorry to hear about Phil. My prayers are with all of you; I know Phil will be OK, he is a fighter! Where do I send the flowers? Which hospital is he in? Let us know when he wakes up!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Damnit, why does this have to happen? I'll skip the rant about poor drivers, I am just so bummed out!
Best wishes from LA.

marcus mcbain
06-24-2003, 12:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Glen Weir, ysr612:
never know what to say yes we will be praying for you and yours. I was just talking to the news letter guy about Phil. He was telling me what a great guy Phil was when they were growing up together.</div></div>Some don't remember, but Phil is a hell of a RoadRacer too. Back in the HRRC days, you could often find headlines in RRW/CN, "Phil & Sam McDonald win HRRC *-Hour endurance race...". Phil also sprinted very nicely too.

Our Prayers are with you Phil.

Marcus

loren swor
06-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Tell Phil we hope he has a full and quick recovery. Said a prayer when I saw this that God will heal Phil's injury's and ease his pain.

It was always enteraining to watch Phil and Sam do side by side wheelies on their FZ600's down the back stretch towards 10-11 at Hallett.

Best Regards,
Loren Swor
One Way to Big Air Racing

Eric Kancir
06-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Get well soon Phil.....from the N. TX Yamaha Endurance Team.

Brooks Gremmels
06-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Last night Norm reported that Phil is doing somewhat better. He is still in intensive care but now responds when spoken to.
Norm told me that he had read the posts that offered prayers and support. He said they brought him to tears and reminded why the CMRA is the best family there is.
Brooks

Norm McDonald
06-24-2003, 09:55 AM
We want to thank all of the CMRA family for thier prayers and support anyone that has been through this type of thing knows how much it means.Phil is still in ICU and is still out, he goes in for more surgy Friday. The Doctor said the compound fractures are so bad it will be 6 to 8 months before he can use his arms and 8 weeks on his foot. When he is consious and moved to a room we will let you know. Thank you again you don't know how your support has help lift up all of our family. Norm

Barb Prussiano
06-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Norm, Phil and all of your wonderful family are in my prayers. I know this is a very difficult time for you, but I'm sure you know you have the entire CMRA "family" right here to help. Tell Phil we know he's going to be up and about before ya know it.

Give everyone a hug for me.

Barb

cwjones
06-24-2003, 11:01 AM
me and my families prayers are with you. hope you have a fast and good recovery.

colby jones
#516 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jeff Grant
06-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Very sorry to hear, and the entire LSTD bunch will be thinking positive for sure.

nee nee
06-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Norm, we don't know Phil, but we wish him a very speedy recovery nonetheless. Take care these next few days/weeks...its important to know people love you as he needs you and his family now! Our thoughts are with you...

The Spencers

JesseJohnson
06-24-2003, 10:23 PM
I wish Phil a speedy recovery and the entire McDonald family my very best in these tough times ahead.

Jess

Brooks Gremmels
06-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Norm says this morning that they are beginning to take Phil off of some of the meds and that he is beginning to come around. Still in intensive care but things are looking better.
Brooks

Eric Falt
06-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Norm,

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up the faith; we love ya!

Eric, Diane and Randall Falt

Norm McDonald
06-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Phil was taken off the breathing machine today and is awake and talking. he goes in for more surgy Friday and will remain in ICU until Sunday. Thank all of you for your prayers and kind words. Norm

mcstealth
06-25-2003, 04:16 PM
I pray for your well being. I pray for strength in your family.

In 1982 I was a passenger on a bike. My friend was the pilot and I was enjoying the ride. A person that was not paying attention pulled out of a gas station. He stopped when he saw us coming but it was to late. The bike missed the car but both of our right legs hit the bumper. I was an hour short of death but just 30 minutes short of amputation because of damage to my veins. That was untill a GOOD doctor came to my rescue. I race bikes today because of that doctor and the support of my family.

good luck
heal well
David

Alan Etheredge
06-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Norm, Lucy and Family - best thoughts are with you hoping for a full and speedy recovery by Phil.

Alan Etheredge

chasfactor
06-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Many thoughts and prayers for Phil and the McDonald family!

Godspeed Phil!

Chas Walter

David Hirsch
06-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Norm, tell Phil to hury up and heal and I will let him play that weird music he likes in my player while we are making Margaritas in the blender from hell /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Keith Hertell
06-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Norm, I just got back to work today after having my own crash Saturday night. I certainly hope Phil recovers quick, this is not what I wanted to read when returning to work.
Get well soon Phil!!!

06-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Get well soon Phil, hope to see you greet us at the front gate for the next Hallet race!