PDA

View Full Version : A New Chapter

Brooks Gremmels
06-25-2003, 12:44 PM
The CMRA has given notice to CCS that the club is returning to Independent status following the end of the current racing season. This decision has been contemplated for some time with the issues involved being shared openly with the CMRA Membership (in both the Inside Line newsletter and the BBS).
Contingency sponsors have been quite supportive and the CMRA can expect to see a robust contingency program for its 2004 season. Issues such as a rulebook and opportunities for our members to race against competition from outside this region are well in hand and announcements in this regard will be made in the near future.
The BOD of the CMRA (which voted unnanimously for this decision) feels that from the perspective of offering its members the greatest value possible, the club needs to move forward with a higher degree of flexability than the current sanctioning relationship allows.
You will soon have a chance to gauge for yourselves what this freedom means to you as a roadracer. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Brooks

John Orchard
06-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Looking forward to all of the details! Sounds pretty cool though.

marcus mcbain
06-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Brooks,

I would have to say that the decision is definitely bold and interesting. There are no significant times in the recent past where there is anything to measure what can be gained and/or lost in this business decision. I do believe the step is a positive one based on the obvious issues mentioned.

Sounds like an interesting decision that could reap benefits quickly for the club.

Marcus

Bryan Norton
06-25-2003, 02:28 PM
I will back up Brooks in saying our members will be pleasantly surprised at what will be available for 2004.

You will not see a reduction in services, events, or exposure.

The decision was discussed at great length, and the programs that we are working on for 2004 will be incredible.

Stay tuned!

bentracing
06-25-2003, 02:29 PM
Cool. Let's race.

Thanks BOD!
ty

Van Blaylock
06-25-2003, 03:53 PM
There were many good changes in '99 when we went indy for the first time but it only lasted a year /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif this time why don't we dedicate at least enough time to this to really see some reward!

anybody got $0.98? 'cause I need change and all I've got is a dollar.

G-Man
06-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Is a possible WERA affiliation being considered or is the end goal to be/stay independent?

Steve McNamara
06-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Gordon,
Independant Status.

The club should still have a big end of year race available for it's racers.
I'm excited about the upcoming changes for 2004.

Barron Houston
06-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Does this mean if we travel to a CCS event we will have to pay their membership fees??

Jeff Grant
06-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Looking forward to 2004. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Barron, I would think that it would be like a licensed CCS racer that wanted to race some WERA events... pay WERA's basic license fee without having to take/pay for the Riding School.

I'm sure this will be formerly addressed in the future.

racer550
06-25-2003, 04:44 PM
LET'S ROCK!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Good call, BOD!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
Why send our money off to another board, when we can keep it and use it for our own end-of-year blowout!!!!
:p

darick
06-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Being a newbie and trying to follow all this talk regarding affiliation from several different perspectives has made me kinda indecisive. I haven't had anyone sit down and explain the pro's n con's to this decision so I hope this will be forthcoming. I was kinda under the impression that a decision of this magnitude was in the hands of the members. Shows what I know /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I guess I should be happy :rolleyes:

Jack Giesecke
06-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Well, I really prefer independance from CCS. I never trusted that organization to have OUR interests at heart. I mean, money corrupts and they are a money making for profit organization. I sorta delayed my opinions for a while because Bill Syfan was running the thing, old friend of mine and I know him to be an up right kinda guy. But, when he quit, well, I knew there was a fox in the hen house somewhere, or suspected anyway.

I'm sure the above had little do to with going independant, but I think it will benefit CMRA to do so. Thanks to all the board who wrestled with this. It surely wasn't a spur of the moment thing.

young515am
06-25-2003, 06:29 PM
this being my first year in racing,what will we
(the racers)get out of being independent?will there be any nationals at the end of the year?
will the entry fee's get lower for the racers?will there be any exsposure, besides our own news letter?(inside line)i guess what i am asking is how will i(the guy that scrapes change to make it to the track)benefit from going independent???????? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

billy young
515 am

cwjones
06-25-2003, 06:55 PM
i don't really get what yall are saying because i am a kid but will they still race mini and junior motard? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

ysr612
06-25-2003, 07:16 PM
On the WERA board J U stated that about the only team that picks its talant from the club level racing is his. Every other team says where do you keep getting that talant of course we know when they say that they have already stolen it. So independent will not hurt anyone looking for the factory ride. With Annandale and Shogun there is more exposure then most bigger orgs.

cedestech
06-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Excellent!!!!!!!!

I am very excited.

steve899
06-25-2003, 08:41 PM
independent ,sounds right to me!

Nate Weber
06-25-2003, 09:11 PM
So what's this do to us Lockhart Phillips CCS Team Privateer members? I guess we'll lose our status and benefits... Well, no big deal, I support the BOD's decision too!

06-25-2003, 10:18 PM
It doesn't do anything to your LP status. Every licensed roadracer is elligible for that program. You simply have to send them a copy of your license every year with a form.

Quite frankly, I don't think CMRA members will lose ANYTHING in this change. What did CCS ever give us anyway? A flyer, a mailer, and a pretty license?

twg
06-26-2003, 06:48 AM
Excellent!!!

I'll be there next year supporting the club. I'll even allow myself to be a backmarker so the up and coming superstars can practice passing people.

twg

Tim Haas
06-26-2003, 09:00 AM
I think this is an excellent decision. I can't wait for more details.

Regards,
Tim Haas

steve899
06-26-2003, 09:22 AM
You Tom a back marker , I don't believe that. As for the Cmra becoming totally independent, I will say it again, sounds right!

Brooks Gremmels
06-26-2003, 10:35 AM
I am delighted with the postive feed-back. Marcus, I appreciate you support.
Regarding the question about members making this decision, I can only say that your elected representatives studied every aspect of the sanctioning issue for the past two years. There are so many facets to be considered, so much in the way of communication with industry relations and in our case negotiations with third parties, that the membership couldn't reasonably be expected to make a fully informed decison. Hopefully the posts above reflect the confidence that the membership has placed with the BOD to do the right thing for the CMRA.
On this subject, the concept of a fully democratic system of managing the club sounds great in theory but would work no better than that style of government would work for the US. You have elected representitives who take their responsibilities more seriously than I could have believed before I got on the Board. Things won't always work as well as intended but on the whole I think our club will continue to explore ways to improve and the proof will be in the puddin'.
Brooks

David Branyon
06-26-2003, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
<snip> On this subject, the concept of a fully democratic system of managing the club sounds great in theory but would work no better than that style of government would work for the US. You have elected representitives who take their responsibilities more seriously than I could have believed before I got on the Board. Things won't always work as well as intended but on the whole I think our club will continue to explore ways to improve and the proof will be in the puddin'.
Brooks</div></div>Brooks, I agree. It is times like these that you need to know that you have Good People on the BOD, or representing you in whatever fashion. People that you can count on to do the right thing, even when you are not able and/or willing to make the investment of time to fully understand the situation (at least to the extent necessary to make an informed decision). And I count you among the Good People. I don't know a whole lot about the going independent thing, but I trust you and the other BOD folks to make the decision that is right for the club.

Also puts renewed emphasis on getting to know the folks running for position and actually voting!

Thanks!

RacerBub
06-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Great! I look forward to the changes and support the BoD 100%. Keep up the good work and we will see you soon!

Bubba Russo
Ex#38 CMRA

Jack Giesecke
06-27-2003, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by colby jones:
i don't really get what yall are saying because i am a kid but will they still race mini and junior motard? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Colby, minis and junior motard are unique to CMRA. They are not recognized classes in CCS, so if anything, the split will ASSURE that minis and junior motard will remain in CMRA. And, the close relationship between Texas Mini Grand Prix and CMRA hopefully will continue to see minis flourish as a class.