PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex can kiss my....

Bob Cronin
07-01-2003, 02:42 PM
After a long hard search I finally found a spare front wheel for the GSXR. A WERA guy in NYC sent me this complete rim assy w/tire last week to arrive this past Saturday.
No wheel yet.
So we call FedEx about this yesterday and again today to find out where it is. Well there it is in Utah! WTF?!? Utah? This is where their version of 'dead letter' office is.
After a detailed explanation of the box size, weight, and contents, they find the package. Oddly enough, the package weighs a few ounces less than the original. I told the woman, "...it's because the label is missing!". Where is the label; is what I want to know?
Try to explain to non-bike people what a wheel is. Go on, try! A wheel to them is made of rubber. I try to explain that it is a wheel with a tire with rotors. Damn, went to far with the rotors. "What are rotors?"
(SLAP)
So here I am waiting on the front wheel that may never come.
Is it insured? Yes. For 300.00! But what's the point? I need a wheel not cash. Ever look for that part that evades you at every turn? Finding it in mint (was in mint) condition is the be all and all of finds.

FedEx blows!!!!

waytooslow
07-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Bob... how do you really feel?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Bob Cronin
07-01-2003, 03:44 PM
You don't like the watered down version?

m novak
07-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Bob, will you ask that nice lady to see if there is a front tire box anywhere near you wheel...ours came up MIA from MAW and we had to reorder. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Misery loves company..right?

Fermin
07-01-2003, 04:18 PM
I know how you feel, I sold some bodywork on e-bay. The purchaser sends the money via FedEx EXPRESS service. Well, about 8 or 9 days later the check finally gets here (after the guy has called several times asking about it, and probably was a little unsure of my honesty by this time) and it looks like it has been laying on a dirt road somewhere for several. It was literally coated in brown dust and had TWO shoe prints on one side of the envelope. They may be a little less expensive but the service sucks.

Fermin
Am #509

twg
07-01-2003, 05:06 PM
The problem with FedEx is that they are not held accountable; however, there is a claim or complaint process. The problem is it is very difficult to get through.

We use FedEx to ship samples always using priority overnight delivery and saturday delivery on occasion. When packages are not delivered on time FedEx has a policy to refund or reduce the shipping cost, but no one ever pursues that option. Therefore, why do they need to change or correct proble sorting sites or delivery stations.

In their defense, when I worked, part time, at one of the San Antonio FedEx stations unloading cargo bins and scanning documents we handled thousands of packages and some may fall through the cracks.

Go to their web site and see if you can get reimbursed and of course get your wheel

twg

darick
07-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Good idea Tom!! I use Fedex and haven't had any problems but UPS has screwed up my stuff ALOT!!
They all do it.....it sucks when you can find your stuff /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Go get'em........ /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Joseph Browning
07-01-2003, 11:10 PM
I ship 500-800+ packages a month w/ UPS and Fedex.
We have 4-5 claims per month with Fedex and 5-10 claims a month with UPS (not bad percentages, really when you consider they have about a 4% claim budget)

The difference is small, but important. Fedex attempts to deny every single claim, even packages they lose or run over with trucks. I am going to have my attorney write up a generic form letter that I can send them every time they get stupid with me... Anyway...UPS has a standard operating procedure for claims and it's a much easier, much more fair process.

07-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Oh yea.. I love FedEx. I remember that time that I received an upper that was damaged somewhere between the sellers house and mine. Ok.. I can understand their explaination that boxes get piled on top of boxes.... blah blah blah. But then, they have to see it to verify it's been damaged for the insurance claim. No problem. It goes from my house, to the sellers house!?! He give it back to them of course.. and then they loose it. How can you loose an upper fairing???? I LOVE FedEx.

darick
07-02-2003, 01:42 PM
The BIG problem with anything in this matter is the recipient loses out almost always. Say you order a set of brake pads from your favorite race vendor. They ship them and the pads never show up. You call and call, only to find out they were delivered to bumf*** egypt. You didn't get your stuff, but what can you do about it. NOTHING!!! The shipper has to collect the freight charges for lost or mis-shipped items. So, you paid 8-15 bucks and you don't even get that back. Unless, you order from the vendor again and they have a policy of remembering.

I have a great story on Fedex if anyone would like to hear? Its about my Hotbodies race glass that never showed. any takers???????

Darick

iarnstein
07-02-2003, 01:51 PM
They seem to have really gone down hill. My company used Fedex for years and never had a problem (that we didn't cause). But, recently I shipped an electronic mixer/recorder to yamaha for repair, in a road case (!!!), and when I got the unit back, the road case was crushed!!! You can stand on a road case.....

Yamaha doesn't insure their packages with Fedex, but they are responsible, so, they are fixing the unit and replacing the case. However....this is for a problem with the recorder/mixer that has been going on for 6 months. Thank god I am not trying to make a living with this thing.... sheesh. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif :rolleyes:

DeCell
07-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Well, Fedex just lost my FZR motor. I don't know how you can lose a 149lb crate, but they did it. It's been AWOL for 2 weeks, and they won't even return my calls. Good thing it's insured, but I doubt I'll be able to collect without a lawsuit.

darick
07-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Let me guess....it was sent Fedex ground?

You would not believe the story I could tell you.

Darick

darick
07-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Okay.....you beat it out of me. My only hope in telling this story is have everyone out there learn something from it.

First off, the shipper did kinda boo boo also but I really have Fedex ground on my hmmmmm list.

I ordered my Hotbodies race glass on a monday. I gave them all my info as regards to address n such. They told me the shipment method would be Fedex ground. Great! I thought to myself. I use them frequently because my employer American Airlines uses them pretty exclusively. So, I expected my bodywork to be at my door on a Thursday. Nope! Didn't happen! I called the company and got the tracking number and proceeded to call the 1-800 (we really dont care) number to find out where my (quite large I might say) box might be located. They told me it was here in Abilene but couldn't tell me why it wasn't at my door. I had them to check my address to make sure things were okay in that respect. Yep, according to the non-verifying help clerk, I was assured it was all good. So, after waiting all day Thursday and Friday for this thing. I called the not-so-helpful line again for the third time. Of course, the run around again. Finally, I asked the lady the address of where my box could be found here in Abilene. She gave me the location and I was off to 1st street Fedex ground station. When I got there, there were 2 vehicles out front and no signs of life. So, I walk thru the door. I entered, what looked like, a place where there were about 6 trucks lined up with a sorting system all along each truck. I called out "hey, anyone here?" but noone responded. I starting walking around calling out only to find myself all alone. I waited approx. 30 min to see if someone would show up and give me my box. Nope! Finally, I walk around to find an emergency contact phone numberm list and proceeded to call. Finally, after about 4 calls, I got one of the drivers wife. She knew who the foreman was and she called him to tell him some guy was all alone in his facility. Needless to say, he showed up quite quickly with a BIG attitude. I had to pull out my ID and tell him I didn't know where his people were but I was there to get my box of race glass (which I found in the back of one of the trucks parked at the dock). He was NOT happy!
to say least. I signed for my box and out I went.
I did happen to notice that the shipping address was typed with a "7" as my apartment number. That was the problem because my # was 722. Duhhhhhh!!!!
But I'd say that the Fedex ground boys were in deep kemshi when they were found. I only have good things to say about Fedex Express service.
They rarely lose things and I still use them. I'd have to give the nod to UPS on ground stuff.

wheeeeewwwwww!!!! ha!

Darick