PDA

View Full Version : Missing stand

Brooks Gremmels
09-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Is anybody missing a Pit Bull front-end stand?
Brooks
PS,
Sorry, it's a slow day. Think I'll go to the opening day of the State Fair.
b

Brooks Gremmels
09-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Is anybody missing a Pit Bull front-end stand?
Brooks
PS,
Sorry, it's a slow day. Think I'll go to the opening day of the State Fair.
b

Steve Haesemeyer
09-27-2002, 10:03 AM
Brooks, the Big Air boys were missing a stand. Can't remember if it was a front or rear. What is the policy about kids riding there pit bikes at Cresson? If Chris can't have fun and ride his bike in the pits, I guess he will have to stay at home with mom. HAZE

Steve Haesemeyer
09-27-2002, 10:03 AM
Brooks, the Big Air boys were missing a stand. Can't remember if it was a front or rear. What is the policy about kids riding there pit bikes at Cresson? If Chris can't have fun and ride his bike in the pits, I guess he will have to stay at home with mom. HAZE

Eric Kelcher
09-27-2002, 10:05 AM
Brooks: does it have Michelin stickers on it? Then it is Dave Hirsch\'s. (http://www.frenzy.com/UBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000161)

Steve: Cresson has a limit of 16 for kids on pit bikes (motorized or non-motorized)

Eric Kelcher
09-27-2002, 10:05 AM
Brooks: does it have Michelin stickers on it? Then it is Dave Hirsch\'s. (http://www.frenzy.com/UBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000161)

Steve: Cresson has a limit of 16 for kids on pit bikes (motorized or non-motorized)

Brooks Gremmels
09-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I thought my PS about it being a slow day would be the tip-off. I was just trying to get a rise out of David.
On the other subject, Steve I want to apologize again to you and your wife about the conversations at Hallett regarding your son riding his scooter. I can certainly understand why your son would want to be riding and I felt like the grinch in enforcing the rules (must be 10 to ride a motorized vehicle). All of the tracks have their own stipulations (TWS's contract says you must be a licensed driver to operate any kind of nmotorized vehicle, for instance). Only the oldest of my 3 grandkids (I can't believe I have grandchildren!) can ride, his two brothers are too young and hate it.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
09-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I thought my PS about it being a slow day would be the tip-off. I was just trying to get a rise out of David.
On the other subject, Steve I want to apologize again to you and your wife about the conversations at Hallett regarding your son riding his scooter. I can certainly understand why your son would want to be riding and I felt like the grinch in enforcing the rules (must be 10 to ride a motorized vehicle). All of the tracks have their own stipulations (TWS's contract says you must be a licensed driver to operate any kind of nmotorized vehicle, for instance). Only the oldest of my 3 grandkids (I can't believe I have grandchildren!) can ride, his two brothers are too young and hate it.
Brooks

Steve Haesemeyer
09-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Brooks I can understand your position. Chris has been riding his motorcycle/bicycle at Hallett since he learned to ride them. It is a shame the kids can't have fun also. So as Eric say's, you have to be 16 to even ride a bicycle at Cresson? It's slow around here today too, the Nascar boys are in town this weekend. I'm cutting out of here and go watch em drive in circles real fast. HAZE

Steve Haesemeyer
09-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Brooks I can understand your position. Chris has been riding his motorcycle/bicycle at Hallett since he learned to ride them. It is a shame the kids can't have fun also. So as Eric say's, you have to be 16 to even ride a bicycle at Cresson? It's slow around here today too, the Nascar boys are in town this weekend. I'm cutting out of here and go watch em drive in circles real fast. HAZE

loren swor
09-27-2002, 02:25 PM
Brooks,

We lost a pit bull rear stand at TWS.
You'd make my day if you said you had it.

Loren @ Big Air Racing

loren swor
09-27-2002, 02:25 PM
Brooks,

We lost a pit bull rear stand at TWS.
You'd make my day if you said you had it.

Loren @ Big Air Racing

Allan Stevens
09-27-2002, 02:27 PM
Loren, just make a new stand out of all the hardware they remove from Mr. USA's leg, maybe 2.
BAAAWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Allan Stevens
09-27-2002, 02:27 PM
Loren, just make a new stand out of all the hardware they remove from Mr. USA's leg, maybe 2.
BAAAWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

gtown
09-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Brooks,

If it is a Pit Bull Front Stand with the Initials EB on the rubber handle than it is mine, but that was left at TWS (WERA Nationals) not the last CMRA race.

EB

gtown
09-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Brooks,

If it is a Pit Bull Front Stand with the Initials EB on the rubber handle than it is mine, but that was left at TWS (WERA Nationals) not the last CMRA race.

EB

David Branyon
09-27-2002, 04:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
All of the tracks have their own stipulations (TWS's contract says you must be a licensed driver to operate any kind of nmotorized vehicle, for instance).
Brooks</div></div>Just to wonder out loud (on a slow day), could we request the tracks re-consider their positions on these fronts? I mean, I guess officially then, about half of the mini field is not allowed to ride their bikes over to the grid, but would have to have someone take it over for them at TWS, right?

Falls into my pet peeve of silly rules that are not enforced which are very difficult to explain to young kids. "Yes son, that's right, you can't ride your pit bike until you are 16, even though that kid over there is riding one in diapers." Or, "Yes, they *said* you can't ride until you're 16, but they don't really mean it." Either way is a mess for a parent.

Just my $.02 worth (well, maybe less),
Dave

p.s. I hope I haven't brought down the wrath of enforcement on myself now. What was that deal with anonymous posting...?

David Branyon
09-27-2002, 04:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
All of the tracks have their own stipulations (TWS's contract says you must be a licensed driver to operate any kind of nmotorized vehicle, for instance).
Brooks</div></div>Just to wonder out loud (on a slow day), could we request the tracks re-consider their positions on these fronts? I mean, I guess officially then, about half of the mini field is not allowed to ride their bikes over to the grid, but would have to have someone take it over for them at TWS, right?

Falls into my pet peeve of silly rules that are not enforced which are very difficult to explain to young kids. "Yes son, that's right, you can't ride your pit bike until you are 16, even though that kid over there is riding one in diapers." Or, "Yes, they *said* you can't ride until you're 16, but they don't really mean it." Either way is a mess for a parent.

Just my $.02 worth (well, maybe less),
Dave

p.s. I hope I haven't brought down the wrath of enforcement on myself now. What was that deal with anonymous posting...?

David Hirsch
09-27-2002, 06:23 PM
Brooks, sorry I was not around to get a rise out of. Now, do you have my stand or what?
David

David Hirsch
09-27-2002, 06:23 PM
Brooks, sorry I was not around to get a rise out of. Now, do you have my stand or what?
David

E. Templet
09-27-2002, 07:01 PM
I doubt that the track would do anything but make the rules more harsh if you asked them to revisit their current regulations. Insurance requirements are no doubt the mitigating factor on this issue.

As for age discrimination, I am against it 100%. I've seen some 10 year olds acting very responsibly in an around the paddock.

E. Templet
09-27-2002, 07:01 PM
I doubt that the track would do anything but make the rules more harsh if you asked them to revisit their current regulations. Insurance requirements are no doubt the mitigating factor on this issue.

As for age discrimination, I am against it 100%. I've seen some 10 year olds acting very responsibly in an around the paddock.

cedestech
09-27-2002, 11:29 PM
<<As for age discrimination, I am against it 100%. I've seen some 10 year olds acting very responsibly in an around the paddock. >>

Must have been some of those responsable
10year olds I saw doing donuts on bikes and gokarts out in the gravel near the horse shoe
Saterday. The dust clouds they were sending
across the track were pretty thick.

The tracks age stipulations allow for
children operating race vehicles from the pits to the track and back.

I am 100% for the age requirements and
wish they were enforced. Kids don't look where
they are going. Nothing personal, just what kids
do. Racers just off the track feel 50 mph through
the pits feels like 5 mph. Nothing personal,
just what racers do.

I don't want to be a prophet or bring bad ohmens
but whats it going to take for the rules to be inforced? A severe injury, a death?

I'm not joking , being a horses a$$ or morbid.
Just stating the facts. If it is a rule which is
widely known and widely disregaurded then it opens your and my club up to a huge liability.

Yes I have a child. When he comes to the track it is his mothers 100% responsability to keep him within arms reach at all times. If thats not
possible he doesn't come.

And no I don't want the official new title of
pit bike Nazi next year.

cedestech
09-27-2002, 11:29 PM
<<As for age discrimination, I am against it 100%. I've seen some 10 year olds acting very responsibly in an around the paddock. >>

Must have been some of those responsable
10year olds I saw doing donuts on bikes and gokarts out in the gravel near the horse shoe
Saterday. The dust clouds they were sending
across the track were pretty thick.

The tracks age stipulations allow for
children operating race vehicles from the pits to the track and back.

I am 100% for the age requirements and
wish they were enforced. Kids don't look where
they are going. Nothing personal, just what kids
do. Racers just off the track feel 50 mph through
the pits feels like 5 mph. Nothing personal,
just what racers do.

I don't want to be a prophet or bring bad ohmens
but whats it going to take for the rules to be inforced? A severe injury, a death?

I'm not joking , being a horses a$$ or morbid.
Just stating the facts. If it is a rule which is
widely known and widely disregaurded then it opens your and my club up to a huge liability.

Yes I have a child. When he comes to the track it is his mothers 100% responsability to keep him within arms reach at all times. If thats not
possible he doesn't come.

And no I don't want the official new title of
pit bike Nazi next year.

David Branyon
09-28-2002, 03:59 AM
Emmett,
I guess it might have been some 10 year olds, but it was NOT my 9 year old. My point is that there are folks from 4 to 60 riding dangerously through the pits at every track, yet if there is a very safe kid who is 9, or 12, or 15 (at least at TWS), he is not allowed. So, since age is nearly irrelevant, why do we use that as the sole determining requirement?

Of course, because it is easy. No one has an ID that identifies them clearly as an idiot, moron, or show-off (though we could give them a sign).

I am frustrated by this situation. I don't really expect that anything will be done to improve the situation, just frustrated.

Hmmm... just thought of something that might start the ball rolling in the right direction: pit bike licenses for operators. Racers are automatically allowed and are open to having their racing priviledges suspended if acting dangerously in the pits. Kids (and adult non-racers?) could go through a little test, to see if they are able to operate their machine safely, look both ways, stop on short notice, and such and get a license. It would also give you a way to ban those folks if they were found "acting a fool" and you could extend that ban for the season, if the actions were horrible enough to warrant it.

Any thoughts? And yes, who would provide this service and the IDs and such. Would be great if it were a photo ID on a necklace so you could easily see from a distance if someone had one or not. Just thinking out loud.

David Branyon
09-28-2002, 03:59 AM
Emmett,
I guess it might have been some 10 year olds, but it was NOT my 9 year old. My point is that there are folks from 4 to 60 riding dangerously through the pits at every track, yet if there is a very safe kid who is 9, or 12, or 15 (at least at TWS), he is not allowed. So, since age is nearly irrelevant, why do we use that as the sole determining requirement?

Of course, because it is easy. No one has an ID that identifies them clearly as an idiot, moron, or show-off (though we could give them a sign).

I am frustrated by this situation. I don't really expect that anything will be done to improve the situation, just frustrated.

Hmmm... just thought of something that might start the ball rolling in the right direction: pit bike licenses for operators. Racers are automatically allowed and are open to having their racing priviledges suspended if acting dangerously in the pits. Kids (and adult non-racers?) could go through a little test, to see if they are able to operate their machine safely, look both ways, stop on short notice, and such and get a license. It would also give you a way to ban those folks if they were found "acting a fool" and you could extend that ban for the season, if the actions were horrible enough to warrant it.

Any thoughts? And yes, who would provide this service and the IDs and such. Would be great if it were a photo ID on a necklace so you could easily see from a distance if someone had one or not. Just thinking out loud.

Brooks Gremmels
09-28-2002, 08:03 AM
Steve, I appreciate the fact that you haven't torn my head off over this issue because I know how frustrating it is.
The 10 year old rule that we are asking for help in enforcing is much more liberal than the track's policies. Hopefully by limiting our riders to some extent we can preempt the tracks from enforcing their own rules.
The other factor is the real and perceived danger to the children and the liability issues for the Club. All of our policies at the track are motivated by safety concerns (helmets, leathers, belly pans, safety wire, tech inspections, rider's schools, air fence, haybales and cornerworkers). To turn our heads on our young children would be inconsistent and inappropriate, in my opinion. Maybe some are more experienced than others but the driver of a pick-up who fails to see one of them will never have the opportunity to make such a distinction. You also have officers and directors of the organization who are charged with upholding the best interests of the Club. Trying to enforce reasonable safety rules for our youngsters falls under this charge.
I hope that our goals of keeping the kids safe and not awaking the tracks to stiffer rules aren't interpreted as fun=bad. That is never our intent. Thanks.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
09-28-2002, 08:03 AM
Steve, I appreciate the fact that you haven't torn my head off over this issue because I know how frustrating it is.
The 10 year old rule that we are asking for help in enforcing is much more liberal than the track's policies. Hopefully by limiting our riders to some extent we can preempt the tracks from enforcing their own rules.
The other factor is the real and perceived danger to the children and the liability issues for the Club. All of our policies at the track are motivated by safety concerns (helmets, leathers, belly pans, safety wire, tech inspections, rider's schools, air fence, haybales and cornerworkers). To turn our heads on our young children would be inconsistent and inappropriate, in my opinion. Maybe some are more experienced than others but the driver of a pick-up who fails to see one of them will never have the opportunity to make such a distinction. You also have officers and directors of the organization who are charged with upholding the best interests of the Club. Trying to enforce reasonable safety rules for our youngsters falls under this charge.
I hope that our goals of keeping the kids safe and not awaking the tracks to stiffer rules aren't interpreted as fun=bad. That is never our intent. Thanks.
Brooks

loren swor
09-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Brooks, Steve,

Love you guys but,

Yada yada yada.

What about the stand!!!!

Does it fit any of the described ones in the post above???

loren swor
09-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Brooks, Steve,

Love you guys but,

Yada yada yada.

What about the stand!!!!

Does it fit any of the described ones in the post above???

David Hirsch
09-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Ya, what Loren said!
David

David Hirsch
09-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Ya, what Loren said!
David

Eric Falt
09-29-2002, 09:33 PM
My six year old had a question to Brooks at Hallett, asking why he wouldn't let six year olds ride motorcycles (pit bikes). We put that brunt of this on Brooks....sorry Brooks!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But the truths and the facts are warranted. Randall is a good rider and has been taught the rules of safety when riding, but he is still 6 years old with a 6 year old mentality. As adults, we know to look both ways and go slow around corners and obstacles (cars, buildings, etc.) because the racer being late to the grid normally doesn't adhere to the speed limit. However I must admit there are some adults that are as irrespossibly speeding or not taking proper caution on pit bikes that can be as dangerous as the children. However, my goal is to keep the kids safe and not to even put them in harms way. So, if your kids have any questions, take them to Brooks! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (sorry Brooks! tee hee!) Really guys, on a serious note, nobody wants their child hurt, mamed or killed and the pits is not the place for them to be playing or practicing their riding skills. The rules need to be enforced by everybody. I explained to my son (however unhappy he was) that he could not ride his motorcycle however, there were kids his age and younger riding around. Parents, take responsibility! Let's not make Brooks the bad guy! Love ya Brooks! Just my 2 cents.
Eric Falt aka Fast Faltless.

Eric Falt
09-29-2002, 09:33 PM
My six year old had a question to Brooks at Hallett, asking why he wouldn't let six year olds ride motorcycles (pit bikes). We put that brunt of this on Brooks....sorry Brooks!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But the truths and the facts are warranted. Randall is a good rider and has been taught the rules of safety when riding, but he is still 6 years old with a 6 year old mentality. As adults, we know to look both ways and go slow around corners and obstacles (cars, buildings, etc.) because the racer being late to the grid normally doesn't adhere to the speed limit. However I must admit there are some adults that are as irrespossibly speeding or not taking proper caution on pit bikes that can be as dangerous as the children. However, my goal is to keep the kids safe and not to even put them in harms way. So, if your kids have any questions, take them to Brooks! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (sorry Brooks! tee hee!) Really guys, on a serious note, nobody wants their child hurt, mamed or killed and the pits is not the place for them to be playing or practicing their riding skills. The rules need to be enforced by everybody. I explained to my son (however unhappy he was) that he could not ride his motorcycle however, there were kids his age and younger riding around. Parents, take responsibility! Let's not make Brooks the bad guy! Love ya Brooks! Just my 2 cents.
Eric Falt aka Fast Faltless.

E. Templet
09-29-2002, 11:50 PM
I have no problem being a pit "Safety Officer", but first we need to set some ground rules as to who will be allowed to operate a vehicle in the pit area. I think track officials, racers and team members only would be a good start. If you are on a pit vehicle, you need to be going to a specific location (pick up tires, visit someone, etc.) not just riding around for fun. Any speeding, or unsafe riding and you get a sticker on your bike, any further unsafe acts on a stickered bike (no matter who is in operation) it gets parked for the remainder of the weekend.

I think it would be hard to disagree that there is a problem with pit vehicles in general, not solely with the childern riding the bikes. As I stated before, age limitations will not solve the problem, we need to go further than that.

I like to see the kids having fun on their bikes, perhaps we could designate an area where they could ride at each track. Safety permitting of course.

E. Templet
09-29-2002, 11:50 PM
I have no problem being a pit "Safety Officer", but first we need to set some ground rules as to who will be allowed to operate a vehicle in the pit area. I think track officials, racers and team members only would be a good start. If you are on a pit vehicle, you need to be going to a specific location (pick up tires, visit someone, etc.) not just riding around for fun. Any speeding, or unsafe riding and you get a sticker on your bike, any further unsafe acts on a stickered bike (no matter who is in operation) it gets parked for the remainder of the weekend.

I think it would be hard to disagree that there is a problem with pit vehicles in general, not solely with the childern riding the bikes. As I stated before, age limitations will not solve the problem, we need to go further than that.

I like to see the kids having fun on their bikes, perhaps we could designate an area where they could ride at each track. Safety permitting of course.

ysr612
09-30-2002, 05:15 AM
on sunday most of my pit bike riding is just for fun riding. Maybe I should get an xr 100 and ride it on the track we can have a contest how many time we get lapped by King in one race.

ysr612
09-30-2002, 05:15 AM
on sunday most of my pit bike riding is just for fun riding. Maybe I should get an xr 100 and ride it on the track we can have a contest how many time we get lapped by King in one race.

cedestech
09-30-2002, 05:39 AM
I'm going to start a seperate topic
on the main board for everybody.

cedestech
09-30-2002, 05:39 AM
I'm going to start a seperate topic
on the main board for everybody.