PDA

View Full Version : Donations for Scoring System

David Hirsch
07-02-2003, 06:43 PM
I have not heard anything about this lately? Does anyone know how it is going?
David

Brooks Gremmels
07-07-2003, 09:05 AM
David, the donations are coming slowly I am sorry to say. The contribution that Michelin made and a $1,000 donation from Michael Wright is all that has come in.
Brooks

David Branyon
07-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Someone give us a refresher here please. We now have a new timing/scoring system right? Was this for the additional transponders so that sprints could be automatically scored as well as endurance? How much money are we talking about? Was there some kind of deal where people could buy their own transponders (for sprints)?

Forgetful minds want to know... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Brooks Gremmels
07-07-2003, 03:07 PM
A new AMB T/S system was purchased (approx. $30,000) for the endurance series ( a total of 60 transponders, s'ware, laptops and associated hardware).
To equip the sprint series will require another purchase of transponders (70 +/- ), backup hardware, etc).
The deal made was that the CMRA will stand to be responsible for a max. of $10,000 of the $30,000 purchase. The plan is to raise enough money to pay for this system so that a similiar arrangement can be made to buy add'l equipment for the Sunday sprints.
Brooks

Jack Giesecke
07-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Brooks, I sure hope CMRA gets this stuff. Maybe we could take contributions at races? Might help a little.

What is CMRA going to do with its old system? Will CMRA sell it? If so, I might know a buyer if enough money could be collected for the deal and the price wasn't too high. TMGP sorely needs something for endurance. They aren't exactly a wealthy organization though and any moneys would have to be raised through contribution of members. Getting a scorer is a pain and some teams usually have to hire people's kids to do it, which ain't bad, but it makes scoring an iffy thing. What do you do if you can't find a scorer? Be nice to have it automated.

Just a thought, though. Not sure what you guys are going to do about the scoring thing or with the old system when and if we get the new stuff. TMGP would, for sure, have to have time to put out the word and take donations if it were going to buy anything. I doubt there's two dimes to rub together in the bank, LOL.

Jack Giesecke
07-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Ah, forget the TMGP thing. I got an e-m back and seems the scoring systems don't work to well at the little tracks. Probable cause, I reckon, is the tiny tracks. Heck, the transponders are rarely out of range of the receiver, LOL!

McMahan
07-07-2003, 05:20 PM
I keep a container at the sales canopy for the Scoring System donations.

Claire

spearer
07-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Even though you don't have enough transponders for all the sprint racers have you thought about putting them on say the top 5 bikes in each class for track record purposes?